Formless Alchemy

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
original
Formless Alchemy
Sorcery
Target nonenchantment permanent and becomes an Artifact Land with ": Add to your mana pool" and no other abilities. (This effect does not wear off at end of turn.)
This relic is from Kudoth. This from Merquet. Oh, where are you from?

Formless Alchemy 
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant nonenchantment permanent
Enchanted permanent is an artifact land with ": Add  to your mana pool." It has no other abilities.

56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
Why non-enchantment? Also, I'd consider making this an aura instead so it (1) has something to remind people that its a land and not whatever it used to be and (2) is less permanent. This also doesn't feel very blue. Polymorph effects are already on the outskirts of blue's pie (though I think they show off blue's laboratory, experimental nature just fine), and green would probably turn things into lands before blue would. Heck, even white probably turns things into land before blue. In fact, this card feels more white than anything, mechanically. But it's at a weird crossroads. 

Formless Regression
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant permanent
Enchanted permanent is an artifact land with ": Add to your mana pool." It has no other abilities. 
nonenchantment is there because you can't transform something nonphysical into something physical. At least, I don't think you can :/

I wasn't entirely sure on where to place it colorwise. I was thinking blue or green. Green because you are right about the lands. Blue because it does have a small history of turning things into artifacts. I don't see the white, though. I don't think I've ever seen a white transmute effect apart from the Zendikon. Maybe switch it to ?

Formless Alchemy
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant nonenchantment permanent
Enchanted permanent is an artifact land with ": Add  to your mana pool." It has no other abilities.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
If it's going to be an Aura that is vulnerable to removal, I would drop the CMC to 2.  Also...

nonenchantment is there because you can't transform something nonphysical into something physical. At least, I don't think you can :/

Ma...gic?

(But seriously, the LHC would dispute your puny nonability to transform nonphysical things into physical things).

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
If it's going to be an Aura that is vulnerable to removal, I would drop the CMC to 2.  Also...

Ma...gic?

(But seriously, the LHC would dispute your puny nonability to transform nonphysical things into physical things).

Well... Then you really have to start questioning what you mean by "physical".

Because it turns out we really have no idea what mass is. Even the Higgs feild is only a partial explanation at best. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Well... Then you really have to start questioning what you mean by "physical".

Because it turns out we really have no idea what mass is. Even the Higgs feild is only a partial explanation at best.

I was more refering to the production of antimatter by interrupting creation-annihilation cycles off of high-energy (but decidedly massless, at least under the Standard Model) photon bursts.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
I don't see the white, though. I don't think I've ever seen a white transmute effect apart from the Zendikon.

If we use the Beast Within clause, you could make it just green. But that's quite the stretch and there's plenty of debate that such a card should even be green. It's a tricky proposition, coloring the card you made. Multicolor is a fine way to escape total scrutiny. I guess if I had to put it in one color I'd do blue. If I made a white version, it'd just be a Path to Exile variant.