Aurelia, the Warleader

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I attack with Aurelia, the Warleader. She deals combat damage. May I cloudshift her and attack with her again to get third combat phase this turn? Or fourth if I happen to have another Cloudshift ready to cast?

What would happen if two Aurelias attacked at the same time?
I attack with Aurelia, the Warleader . She deals combat damage. May I cloudshift her and attack with her again to get third Combat Step this turn?

Yes.

When cloudshift returns aurelia, it is a new aurelia unrelated to the original one. The new aurelia hasn't attacked yet, so when it does attack, the ability will trigger.

Keep in mind that aurelia is legendary, so you'll need Mirror Gallery or some other trick to make that happen.

If two aurelias attack, the ability on both will trigger. When the first one resolves, it will untap all your creatures and create an additional combat phase. The second one will then resolve, and will attempt to untap your creatures, but they are already untapped. It will also create an additional combat phase. When the second combat phase comes around, you'll probably attack again, but nothing triggers. When the third combat phase comes around, your creatures probably can't attack, since they are tapped.

I attack with Aurelia, the Warleader. She deals combat damage. May I cloudshift her and attack with her again to get third Combat Step this turn? Or fourth if I happen to have another Cloudshift ready to cast?

Yes, you can. After being exiled and returning, she's considered a new game object so her ability will consider her being declared as an attacker at the second (third, fourth) combat phase as the first time this Aurealia attacked, triggering the ability again.

Mirror Gallery/Lazav, Dimir Mastermind/Sakashima the Impostor shenanigans?

Each Aurelia will give you an additional combat phase. They also untap the creatures still at the first combat phase (nothing will try to untap them after the second combat phase).

[<o>]
Keep in mind that aurelia is legendary, so you'll need Mirror Gallery or some other trick to make that happen.

Yes, I am aware of that. I just assumed that when I ask about two legendary permanents with the same name on the battlefield, it implies that Mirror Gallery etc is involved.

Yes, I am aware of that. I just assumed that when I ask about two legendary permanent with the same name on the battlefield, it implies that Mirror Gallery etc is involved.

I figured you knew that. I just pointed it out in case someone reads this thread and was like "ooh, i'm going to try that in my deck", without realising they needed an extra piece
I just realized that it is better to attack with one Aurelia on 1st combat phase and with another on the 2nd. That way I would have three combat phases with all creatures untapped.
I just realized that it is better to attack with one Aurelia on 1st combat phase and with another on the 2nd. That way I would have three combat phases with all creatures untapped.

Attack with one in the 1st and both in the 2nd and 3rd times. ;)

[<o>]
Sign In to post comments