Armoured Transport

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
If you are Boros and want to use Battalion well then this card is super armored Transport.

Helps you keep three guys swinging turn after turn!
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
If you are Boros and want to use Battalion well then this card is super armored Transport.
Helps you keep three guys swinging turn after turn!

And it resists to Grisly Spectacle which is a great upside too. Put a Madcap Skills on that guy and have fun...     

Yeah I've been puzzling over this card, it seems very interesting. Definitely it needs a second card to be "over the top" or else it as said it just plops right in to battalion nicely. Yeah with madcap skills that is crazy. Madcap skills seems like it's at least as good as pursuit of flight.
I think this card isn't so great on a second look. A T4 swing with a 2/1 isn't super great, even if it survives the attack. As a Battallion-enabler it's good, but that's conditional on the Boros deck you have. Nice target for Bloodrush though.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Ok, you see how many gtc discussion threads there are, right?

Why did you decide to make another one? 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl

Are you always negative?

I've yet to see you make any solid points about anything related to Gatecrash.

BUT I'm more than happy to hear anything CONSTRUCTIVE that you have to say.

Just dissing everyone's posts just makes want to ignore what you're saying like someone's nagging mother.

If you would like to be ignored please continue in your ways, if you would like to be a part of the relevant discussion, jump on board

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Great post directed at Cato, Urza. Personally I blocked him awhile ago, though I'm disappointed to see it doesn't work on the mobile site. Good for you, though, inviting positivity
Great post directed at Cato, Urza. Personally I blocked him awhile ago, though I'm disappointed to see it doesn't work on the mobile site. Good for you, though, inviting positivity

I feel bad for the guy, he got booted by the moderators before for being a tool under another name and he's come back and continues to just try to make others as miserable as him. I'd like to hear what he has to say if he can be respectful and not so negative.

But I might have to go the route you did and just block him and be done with it...many of us want to talk some Magic and improve our game and have a good discussion.
I find it hilarious that you consider ignoring me to be a threat.  Why would I care about that?  You don't listen to anything I say anyways.

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
I find it hilarious that you consider ignoring me to be a threat.  Why would I care about that?  You don't listen to anything I say anyways.

Nobody is threathening you.

we're trying to ask you to join the discussion in a constructive way.

I'd actually like to hear your thoughts, not just criticizing what everbody does or says.

Not "You're wrong about this , that and the other" That's not very constructive.

Everyone says you're here to annoy people, but I figured I'd give you one more chance.

Seriously, what is wrong with more discussion?  This board is pretty quiet/inactive as it is, why not liven it up with more discussion of different cards' potential?
Cool card, I wonder if it would be worth it to put it in a gruul deck, same with the artifact flyer, I can see them as good bloodrush enablers
This card stood out to me immediately as well. A very well designed card, methinks.
+1 to Urzasapprentice 
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

Seriously, what is wrong with more discussion?  This board is pretty quiet/inactive as it is, why not liven it up with more discussion of different cards' potential?

Because when you have a thread for every card it makes it harder to find threads with more relevant content then discussing a singular card. We can consolidate Gatecrash discussion to a single place which at this point is important because we don't have any concrete ways to evalute cards other than what things are powerful in past limited formats. After the format develops we'll understand better what is good or not. 

Because when you have a thread for every card it makes it harder to find threads with more relevant content then discussing a singular card. We can consolidate Gatecrash discussion to a single place which at this point is important because we don't have any concrete ways to evalute cards other than what things are powerful in past limited formats. After the format develops we'll understand better what is good or not. 

Difficult? There are only manybe 7-8 topics posted on in this forum per day...you can also do keyword searches to find what you're looking for.

I've personally never had any problem finding anything in here. I can help you if you're having that many problems.

More discussion is better than less and if we want to onyl talk about one card than we should make a seperate topic for it...common sense man = p

It looks very unimpressive, but I agree that it might be a decent Battalion enabler. Another thing to keep in mind is its synergy with the high-power low-toughness bloodrushers such as Skinbrand Goblin, Slaughterhorn and especially Scorchwalker, since it is very unattractive to block and even then does not care about its own toughness.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
It looks very unimpressive, but I agree that it might be a decent Battalion enabler. Another thing to keep in mind is its synergy with the high-power low-toughness bloodrushers such as Skinbrand Goblin, Slaughterhorn and especially Scorchwalker, since it is very unattractive to block and even then does not care about its own toughness.

With battalion its a solid card, with almost any pump aura its a real pain in the ass.

I also really like the Armored transport, if you your going Boros/Grull three color then there's alot of tricks you could tie in to it, and its colorless cost is non-restrictive.  In draft, I could see it not making the cut, but in constructed it shines.  
Not super good on it's own, but a great Battalion enabler. They don't want to wast removal on it so they either need to waste a blocker or take the two and it sticks around to enable again next turn. Get an aura on it and beomces pretty dangerous. I feel like it will be a solid roleplayer in battalion decks, but not be that good elsewhere.
I don't object to discussion, I do object to superfluous threads.  Just go to one of the numerous gatecrash discussion threads and talk about it there.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
I guess I'd side these in against aggressive decks, if I were playing a slow Dimir or Orzhov deck.
Superfluous threading may be a small problem (for the OPs) but baiting and flaming are a BIG problem. It probably hasn't occurred to you that nobody cares about your non-card related oppinions, or maybe you just crave the attention, but either wayleave the policing to those whose job it is to do so.
I don't object to discussion, I do object to superfluous threads.  Just go to one of the numerous gatecrash discussion threads and talk about it there.

You've already been warned by the moderator in the other Swine card thread to stop trying to police the forum.

Do I need to report your post?

You've already been warned by the moderator in the other Swine card thread to stop trying to police the forum.

Do I need to report your post?

(Content Removed) 

(ORC_Cerberus: Edited - Masked Vulgarity is against the Code of Conduct)   

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Greetings,

I have removed content from this thread. Please bear in mind that Masked Vulgarity is against the Code of Conduct

Please keep the conversation civil and above all else, fun.

Thanks,  
So, guess who opened five Armored Transport in his "Dimir" Sealed pool at the midnight prerelease?

Thiiis guy.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
So, guess who opened five Armored Transport in his "Dimir" Sealed pool at the midnight prerelease?

Thiiis guy.

You got an armoed transport in your guild pack?

That seems...odd.

Thiiis guy.

You got an armoed transport in your guild pack?

That seems...odd.

It was.

I had five total, but one of them were foil.
Sign In to post comments