Zhur-Taa Swine

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
I love this card at common!

Golgari Longlegs with a HUGE upside!

I'll fill my five slot with as many of these as I can muster.

Zhur-Taa Swine

edit:I mistyped five slot, for four slot.

But the main reason being his power and toughness are already usefully large for his CMC but in a pinch or low on mana give your attacker +5+4 This is a KILLER common.

Don't overlook this card
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
I love this card at common!

Golgari Longlegs with a HUGE upside!

I'll fill my four slot with as many of these as I can muster.

Zhur-Taa Swine

What do you mean by four slot? Isn't it 5(CMC) slot?
And I agree, it's probably the most reliable Bloodrush creature, for either function.  

It might be the best Bloodrush common, but the most reliable one is the four-drop trampler uncommon.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
While it clearly is an amazing common, and will likely end many a limited game, I'm a little wary to overfill the 5 slot in my draft decks.  For consistency I prefer to have maybe 3-4 cards in the 5 slot maximum.
While it clearly is an amazing common, and will likely end many a limited game, I'm a little wary to overfill the 5 slot in my draft decks.  For consistency I prefer to have maybe 3-4 cards in the 5 slot maximum.

My friend, thinka bout it like this, This card also exists in the three slot! You don't have to ever cast it as a five drop if you don't want to. You could consider it as a "3 drop combat trick" and then only hard cart it if you need a big guy.

The mana curve works different in Gruul than you're used to, but don't worry, we'll all get the hang of it!

bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge

My friend, thinka bout it like this, This card also exists in the three slot! You don't have to ever cast it as a five drop if you don't want to. You could consider it as a "3 drop combat trick" and then only hard cart it if you need a big guy.

The mana curve works different in Gruul than you're used to, but don't worry, we'll all get the hang of it!

An interesting point.  Just like it's difficult to place X spells on your deck building mana curve (miracles did this as well) it will be difficult to figure out where your Bloodrush creatures fit into your mana curve.
Could you please consolidate all of your threads into one discussion thread?
Thanks.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Thanks.

Why? The discussions are completely unrelated.

If we consolidate to one thread I will have to hear you complaining about aetherize when I want to talk about armored transport.
Thanks.

Why? The discussions are completely unrelated.

If we consolidate to one thread I will have to hear you complaining about aetherize when I want to talk about armored transport.

Poor you.  That's such a hardship.  Yeah, you should just keep spamming the forums instead.

And zhur-taa swine isn't a sleeper powerhouse, it's an obvious powerhouse.  This is like if I made a thread and said ZOMG GUYZ AUGER SPREE IS GUD. 

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
I actually prefer separate threads for separate card discussions. I don't care how obvious or non-obvious a topic is. If it's in a separate thread than I can more easily choose to read about it, or not to read about it, as I see fit. Putting an entire set's discussion into one thread would mean a nightmare of scrolling and paging and completely unrelated conversations interwoven in the same page. The thing is, bytes are cheap, and don't need to be conserved. (in fact, they're free, as far as we're all concerned).

Sadly I don't have anything to say about the 5/4 bloodrush guy that hasn't already been said.
I have a good question about the swine, and really about drafting/constructing grull in general: When I draft or cunstruct in limited, I have a really hard time getting an adequate number of decent creatures, so using one of my 17 or so creatures as a spell seems like a diminishing return when you could play it for board presence. I understand that blood rush should only be used to turn an unfavorable combat into a favorable one, or to deal that final few points to the opponents face, but I can see it really slowiing you down as the game progresses and you don't have the creatures. If I'm playing grill, should I run 20 creatures even if 3 or 4 of them are undesirable? Or am I over thinking it? I know this thread is about the swine, so should I use the swine early to disrupt my opponent board formation, on wait and use it as an end-game win condition? (As a creature)
I actually prefer separate threads for separate card discussions. I don't care how obvious or non-obvious a topic is. If it's in a separate thread than I can more easily choose to read about it, or not to read about it, as I see fit. Putting an entire set's discussion into one thread would mean a nightmare of scrolling and paging and completely unrelated conversations interwoven in the same page. The thing is, bytes are cheap, and don't need to be conserved. (in fact, they're free, as far as we're all concerned). Sadly I don't have anything to say about the 5/4 bloodrush guy that hasn't already been said.

Totally agree with this. If it was twenty new threads a day every day, I could see the argument for "spamming" the first page, but it makes no sense to have multiple, entirely unrelated conversations going on in the same thread.

Do you people also think that the DLCR threads should all be one single thread so if you want to read about a particular card you need to filter through all the conversation about other cards to get to the one you might want to read about?
Absolutley one of the better bloodrush critters: It's rush is cheaper than most (which tend to run about less than casting the creature), and the creature itself (which most of the time is going to be better than rushing it: what do you intend to save from a nasty combat that's better than a 5/4?  Maybe something, someday) is quite solid with Power=CMC.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Thanks.

Could you please leave the moderation to the VCLs?

If people want to have a discussion of ombibus thread vs individual threads, please start a thread in Boards Business about it. Hijacking someone else's thread is not the place for that discussion.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
I actually prefer separate threads for separate card discussions. I don't care how obvious or non-obvious a topic is. If it's in a separate thread than I can more easily choose to read about it, or not to read about it, as I see fit. Putting an entire set's discussion into one thread would mean a nightmare of scrolling and paging and completely unrelated conversations interwoven in the same page. The thing is, bytes are cheap, and don't need to be conserved. (in fact, they're free, as far as we're all concerned). Sadly I don't have anything to say about the 5/4 bloodrush guy that hasn't already been said.

This...Cato take note.

Thanks.

Could you please leave the moderation to the VCLs?

If people want to have a discussion of ombibus thread vs individual threads, please start a thread in Boards Business about it. Hijacking someone else's thread is not the place for that discussion.

Thank you!

You're so mean Urzasapprentice.  If you continue to cyberbully me, I'll be forced to put you on my ignore list.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
Sign In to post comments