Mono Black Control

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys ducktales here to throw up a DRAFT of a possible mono-black list that has been getting very good results. Take a look =p....

4 Duress
4 Crypt Ghast
1 Griselbrand
4 Mutilate
2 Barter in Blood
2 Bloodgift Demon
2 Increasing Ambition
3 Liliana of the Veil
4 Sign in Blood
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Contaminated Ground
24 Swamp
2 Murder
SB: 4 Illness in the Ranks
SB: 2 Elixir of Immortality
SB: 4 Cremate
SB: 2 Ultimate Price
SB: 3 Tribute to Hunger

So the whole point of this deck (like many mono black decks) is to out Attrition your opponent through hand removal board removal and even lifedrain. Thanks to crypt ghast we know have the ability to accelrate from 4 mana to 8. Plus extort is just awesome.

Problems with deck at the moment:

1) It has no real answer to any planes-walkers other than Duress. Since we don't have access to Dreadbore mono-black has no way of dealing with a resolved planes-walkers other than beat it down or just putting ourselves in a controlling board position where it doesn't matter.

2) Very hard to beat BURN. Not mono-red aggro decks but BURN. Was going against another friend who is a huge boros fan and loved using the new boros charm, skullcrack and, aureilia's fury. Oh man it is a beating. Once again the only way to beat that deck was to put myself in a very good board position or just prey. Any ideas?

I have been looking at a lot of the bombs that black has in the new gatecrash set. None of them are better than griesalbrand or Bloodgift Demon at the moment. That might change with the meta. Feel free to tell me what you like and don't like. Also what you would change and why.

Till next time
DUCKTALES AWOOOHOOO
Witchbane Orb is a possible solution for burn, and a slew of other problems to boot.
Sooooooo, you might wanna get this moved to standard deck help.

Unless MBC has turned into a T1 tournament deck and I haven't realized.
I am Blue/Black
moving this.
VCL (Volunteer Community Lead - Deck Critique (MTG)) Volunteer Community Nutritionist - (I am watching you diet, even when you think I am not.) Photobucket What my sig is based off of.
Run this:

and then do your best to avoid the glare niche will give me for posting a list with creatures and sweepers.

This is a nice budget list (minus the girselbrand and the caverns) those can easily be substituted with more lord of the void and simple swamps. Liliana of the veil is arguably a good card, but honestly she is way over priced and as long as your smart this deck does just as well against most tier 1 decks and rolls every tier 2. cheers.
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.