Boros Humans

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
There is nothing I love more then a turn 2 Lightning Mauler in to a turn 3 Silverblade Paladin.

Lands 23

I've been testing this against the B/R aggro with the hellkites and it seems matches go either way. It's all about who gets out their burn and threats first. B/R has it harder on the draw because 8 of their early cards come in to play tapped and 4 of them can't block period.

B/R aggro has better finishers then boros seems to have. 4 Aristocrats, 3 Riders, and 3 Hellkites vs. 4  Riders and 1 Conscripts for me. I'm not sold on Firemane Avenger atm.
I'm pretty sure that you can't bond a Lightning Mauler to a Silverblade Paladin and expect them both to have haste and double strike, if that's what you're getting at with your intro sentence there. Note the soulbond text: "You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield." A turn 2 Ash Zealot getting paired with Silverblade Paladin would give Ash Zealot First Strike and Double Strike though...

I'm pretty sure that you can't bond a Lightning Mauler to a Silverblade Paladin and expect them both to have haste and double strike, if that's what you're getting at with your intro sentence there. Note the soulbond text: "You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield." A turn 2 Ash Zealot getting paired with Silverblade Paladin would give Ash Zealot First Strike and Double Strike though...

These guys seem to think different - community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Hm, well I guess it does work that way then. Sorry to make you doubt your favorite combo, but the wording seemed to suggest that it didn't work =\.
There is nothing I love more then a turn 2 Lightning Mauler in to a turn 3 Silverblade Paladin.

Then I highly recommend a T2 Loxodon Smiter into a T3 Rancor+souldbond to Silverblade.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Then I highly recommend a T2 Loxodon Smiter into a T3 Rancor+souldbond to Silverblade.

Silverblade also loves Wolfir Silverheart and his true soulmate, Sublime Archangel.

Back to the original post: You will seldom be able to play one of your one-drops on turn one and Ash Zealot on turn two. You have to have Sacred Foundry in hand to pull it off. For reliability, you need to shift towards and one-drops of get rid of Ash and play something 1 or 1 in her place.

A Boros finisher to consider is Spark Trooper. This guy should be nuts with double strike.

I'll do

-4 Zealots
+1 Mauler
+3 Thalia

damn I forgot about Trooper. Conscripts can go out for one but I can't think of anything else.
I really like your list, Im triying to build something similar myself. though im considering other cards such as  Odric, Master Tactician wich is a good finisher IMO, and plays well with the maulers, and for the 2 drop, I love Thalia, shes one of my favourites, but I also like  Elite Inquisitor wich is a solid 2 drop, in case you are having trouble with casting your non creature spells. Luck with your deck :D
I really like Frontline Medic he's a beast. It he gives you more chances to attack care free and I think I want to add another. I don't wanna take out Silverblade for him and I suppose I can loose the Zealot for him.