Gatecrash Standard "Naya" aggro.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've had this deck listed at TappedOut for a while now and it's getting a lot of very positive feedback.  I thought I'd find out whether anyone here sees something the folks there missed, and can offer solid criticism and tuning suggestions.

[deck=SIDEBOARD:]
1x Aurelia's Fury
3x Blind Obedience
3x Naturalize
4x Pillar of Flame
4x Skullcrack
[/deck]

This deck is absolutely balls-out aggressive, and is technically capable of dealing over 20 damage on the third turn.  Today, while playtesting with my wife I hit her for 16 on turn three; I frequently frequently finish games by turn 5, and rarely go over 7.  The gist of it is simple: load the battlefield with early double strikers and pump them through the roof with cheap Bloodrushes and combat instants.  The combination of trample and double strike is just insane, and if you don't mind losing one turn's tempo to drop Inquisitor's Flail, it can virtually guarantee that your next attack wins the game.

Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?  All your feedbacks are belong to me.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
how do you feel about spire tracer for a virtually unblockable pumpable outlet or forced adaptation to continuously pump a doublestriker without having to commit any real mana? also skyknight legionnaire seems a fairly decent card to think about
I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.
Why Slaughterhorn? I would take it out and play some Skyknight Legionnaires or even Smiters.

Also, I'm *really* liking the looks of Boros Charm.  I would find some way to play 4, possibly by cutting those Rallys.

For Ghor-Clan Rampager, the body seems subpar, but I am liking the pump a lot with the double strikers. I would like to see how it plays out.

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

Spire Tracer: Doesn't accelerate my mana like Avacyn's Pilgrim and it doesn't have double strike. This deck prefers to do its damage with double strikers and/or tramplers, so I'm not sure it would be nearly as effective as Fencing Ace, who wins over half of my games for me.

Forced Adaptation: I really, really don't like to rely on auras because removal makes it too easy for my opponent to maintain card advantage. While the +1/+1 counters are solid, Rancor is a gift that keeps on giving long after my creature is Murdered.

Skynight Legionnaire: This one I'm considering, although my 3 CMC mark is getting kind of cluttered. If I ran him, I'd probably have to pull Slaughterhorn.

Slaughterhorn: Slaughterhorn excels in this deck. Pairing one with a Silverblade Paladin usually leaves me with a 2/2 double striker, a 3/2 double striker, and one mana floating for a Bloodrush or Rancor. Also, Slaughterhorn's Bloodrush cost is marvelous; since this deck is very, very aggressive I usually rely on combat instants solely for damage, not survival. That makes every 'horn I draw virtually as good as a Giant Growth. The difference is that if I desperately need a blocker, he's solid (although not great) in a pinch. I can't Bloodrush a Loxodon Smiter.

Ghor-Clan Rampager: What's better than a 4/4 trampler for 4 mana? Soulbonding it to a Silverblade Paladin and making it a 4/4 double striking trampler for 4 mana. What's better than that? Bloodrushing it for RG when my Rancored Fencing Ace is chump blocked by a Spirit token. Make no mistake: this thing is absolutely lethal in this deck.

I'm definitely willing to cut Rally the Peasants to include a fourth Boros Charm. I'll also likely cut one Inquisitor's Flail and perhaps a Selesnya Charm to make room for two Gruul Charms. Making even one creature unblockable with this deck can win the game.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
would personally drop the flails before anything else in favor of the charms.
as nice as rally is, there's no synergy with it in this deck aside from attacking fast. I'd almost rather mainboard pillar for easy removal.
would also consider kessig wolf run to keep things interesting past turn 5
i like your deck list i've been thinking about a naya aggro as well. this is what i came up with, no nonsesnse player haster's and swing. i love boros charm either 4 to the face or double strike on a big trampler im considering cards like Spark Trooper as well but I like hellrider the the rampager in the 4 drop slot. so many ideas!

land (24)

4x Temple Garden
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Stomping Ground
3x Sunpetal Grove
4x Clifftop Retreat
3x Rootbound Crag
2x Kessig Wolf-run

Creatures (23)

4x Arbor Elf
4x Ash Zealot
3x Strangleroot Geist
3x Loxodon Smiter
3x Ghor-Clan Rampager
4x Hellrider
2x Thundermaw Hellkite

Sorc/Instant/Enchant (11)

3x Rancor
3x Boros Charm
3x Faith's Shield
2x Aurelia's Fury

Planeswalkers (2)

2x Domri Rade
One downside to what you've got going on here is that your second-turn creatures each require two mana of different colors. That means without a perfect dual land draw you're likely to get screwed trying to play one or both of them. Be careful using Faith's Shield with Bloodrush, Rancor, and Boros Charm: if your opponent is playing green you might force your own Rancor to drop from your creature; and playing them in the wrong order or during the wrong step can potentially make your creature untargetable by Bloodrush.
Sign In to post comments