Jund vs Naya sealed gatecrash

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Color wise, which do you think would be better for gruul in limited. If I splash in black I can get some removal, life-link, unblockables and flyiers. If I splash in White, I can go Borros and Gruul, since Borros has a decent amount of cards with double strike(Key-rune, charm), industictablity, that one enchanment that gives protection from creatures... But really it comes down too what cards I get my packs I guess...
Jund puts you in 3 colors with only 1 guild, so I don't know why you would do that.

Anyways, the answer to your question is simple:  if you open assemble the legion, splash white.  If you open master biomancer, splash green. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
like you said—packs and your card evaluation play to your picks. IMO—this set seems to favor those who aggro. so splashing for more aggro playables seems logical
this set seems to favor those who aggro. so splashing for more aggro playables seems logical

What's wrong with this statement?

I'll give you a hint:  it has "splashing" and "aggro" in the same sentence. 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I'd splash Blue preferably. Gridlock is a nice effect.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Cato is absolutely right.. don't splash for aggressive creatures or early drops. I usually splash for bombs or much needed control. Maya will be an incredibally solid build if you pick Boris for your guild, because splash bloodrush works great with battalion, but not so much the other way around unfortunately. I'm not an expert player but I think naya/boros will take a lot of wins. Good luck everyone!
Cato is absolutely right.. don't splash for aggressive creatures or early drops. I usually splash for bombs or much needed control. Maya will be an incredibally solid build if you pick Boris for your guild, because splash bloodrush works great with battalion, but not so much the other way around unfortunately. I'm not an expert player but I think naya/boros will take a lot of wins. Good luck everyone!

I think What cato meant was that, given how Gatecrash seems geared to reward it, you should be playing the most hyper-aggressive deck possible.

Which is true in general, and ESPECIALLY if you're in and have both boros and gruul cards to pull from

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I don't think you were reading Cato post dude.
I don't think you were reading Cato post dude.
this set seems to favor those who aggro. so splashing for more aggro playables seems logical

What's wrong with this statement?

I'll give you a hint:  it has "splashing" and "aggro" in the same sentence. 

This could be read two ways

"You don't splash for aggro, you splash for bombs/removal"
"You don't splash for aggro, you run it wholeheartedly"

I read it the second way.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Sign In to post comments