Sagathia - Okali Sunge, professor of enchantment

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okali Sunge
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)
Whenever a creature with power 1 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay . If you do, search your library for an Aura card with converted mana cost X and put it onto the battlefield attached to that creature.
2/3

Professor Sunge is a young prodigy of auracraft, who graduated with honors from Stavis despite his personality conflicts with some of the older teachers. Now he has returned to the school as a full professor to pass on his knowledge to the next generation.
Elsewhere in the story: At the rival school of Unstermane, the eccentric professor Scarladin has been brutally murdered and all of his research stolen. All five universities are in an uproar. Dozens of conspiracy theories have emerged, implicating Scarladin's academic rivals, headmasters of the other four universities, grudge-holding librarians and even obscure mathematical cults.  The murderer passed through countless security measures to commit this crime, and Stavis Academy which has always prided itself on the safety of its school grounds, has begun keeping students under strict guard. Professor Sunge however believes it is better to teach the students to defend themselves than simply lock them indoors, and (against the advisement of Head-Proctor Capricorn) has started holding extracurricular classes in warding magic and martial defense.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Probably need to specify that you get an aura that could enchant that creature. Other than that I like it.
In a shocking twist, it was actually Sunge what done it! Am I right??
In a shocking twist, it was actually Sunge what done it! Am I right??

no it was me

sorry

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Cool, but yeah, it needs to have an "Aura with enchant creature"
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

The smiley you use is an accurate portrayal of events?  I knew there was a darker secret!

Neat card, though -- as mentioned about the "enchant creature" part -- also needs a follow-up shuffle.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Ugh, I'm tired of requiring a "shuffle your library" clause after every search effect :P  Wish it could just be assumed as part of a search...  I guess it's good to spell it out though.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you searched your library for an Aura that couldn't enchant that creature?  Would it go to your graveyard?  Just stay in your library? I'm gonna go with the Sovereigns of Lost Alara phrasing, but I wonder if it's really necessary.  Hmmm.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
shuffling your deck after getting a card should be within the base rules along with upkeep

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I live in san diego if any vistitting wizards wants to  contact me 858=483=3822

i'd stop by comicon but my car is broke and so am I

If it couldn't enchant the object you're attempting to attach it to (the same time as you're attempting to put it onto the battlefield), it remains in its previous zone, the library in this case.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
I think it should be "search your library for an aura card with converted mana cost X or less that could enchant a creature, put it onto the battlefield attached to that creature, then shuffle your library." The X or less helps newer players that don'rt memorize every single card in their deck.