Giant Tribal Deck help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey there guys!
Well, I have this idea. I wanna build a Giant Tribal deck but I can't decide which cards I should include.
I know I want 4xBrighthearth Banneret since most Giants are Warriors too, 4xStinkdrinker Daredevil, some Giant Harbinger, some Sunrise Sovereign.

Since they are high-cost creatures, I thought it would be nice to add some Fire-Belly Changeling, Taurean Mauler, or Rite of Flame.

On the other hand, I don't know if adding white to the deck would be a good idea... I would really appreciate if you can help me by posting 'the perfect giant tribal deck'

ty.
I've got one, I need to go over at some point and do more testing, but here it is. The thing I like most is the way you can easily make my guys unblockable using boldwyr intimidator

borderland behemoth
thundercloud shaman
brion stoutarm
quest for the gravelord

any titan!

finally if you dont go black or white crush underfoot is very decent!

as for splashing another color:  if you have/can afford duallands that dont enter tapped its worth it. If you cant and you dont have a pressing reason to splash stay monocolor

i wouldnt bother with creaturebased mana, instead use artifact mana - this way you can use red sweeps like starstorm

Another good giant that is often overlooked is Sunhome Enforcer him a Brion great reasons to add to any giant deck. 

Plus if you go with some you'll have an excuse to run Orim's Thunder. Also Ancient Amphitheater is pretty cheap.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:  Desolation Giant is pretty nifty too. 

EDIT:  EDIT:  Here's a copy of my giant deck if you're interested. I's not perfect, but it's fun to play.
Show

// Lands
4 [LRW] Ancient Amphitheater
2 [ISD] Plains (1)
10 [ISD] Mountain (1)
4 [M11] Terramorphic Expanse
4 [RAV] Boros Garrison

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Stinkdrinker Daredevil
4 [LRW] Thundercloud Shaman
3 [LRW] Sunrise Sovereign
3 [ZEN] Shatterskull Giant
3 [RAV] Sunhome Enforcer
2 [MOR] Borderland Behemoth
2 [LRW] Hamletback Goliath
2 [LRW] Brion Stoutarm

// Spells
3 [CMD] Orim's Thunder
3 [M11] Pyroclasm
4 [RAV] Boros Signet
4 [M12] Fling

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Given the oppressive cmc of most Giants (and the fact that Stinkdrinker Daredevil dies before being of use more often than not), I've added a lone Sol Ring (granted, this helps most decks) and a playset of Powerstone Minefield.

A lone Bloodfire Colossus can be tutored up with Giant Harbinger.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
I have found that creature-based ramp, stinkdrinker and bannerettes, tend to get targeted down in games. normally that's not a problem, but with Giants it really sticks you with nothing to do.

There are a few low-cost giants that are worth it, Jotun Grunt among them, but I like to just go over the top and play only big creatures.

I use Scorched Ruins and Temple of the False Gods for accel, and then use Arbiter of knollridge to stabilize. Once you get to that 6-7 mana threshhold, it becomes really hard for decks to stabalize against you.

Also, Obsidian Battle-Axe is a good artifact to use. A Hastey Borderland Behemoth or Hamletback Goliath is really mean.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.