Summer plans!

86 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone already making plans for the summer? 
I just got an email from Heart Camp which I try to visit every summer and so I should get my papers for it in a week or two! I'm so excited to got back to camp this year!  
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
We plan on taking advantage of tourists.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Haha well I guess that's a good plan if you live where tourists are. 

I go to Heart Camp in the summer and stay in a cabin full of 8 year old girls with heart problems for 4 days.
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
Actual temperature over here is -7 Fahrenheit.
Summer is only a dream....
That's true. Summer is a dream away but I was just wondering who already started making plans for the summer! I try to de-winter everything- especially in the winter. Even my desktop background is the beach, lol. 
I plan to watch some crappy baseball with my kids. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and get to watch some good baseball, too!
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Already have a family trip planned for the Outer Banks.  It was supposed to be a friend and family thing (friends and their kids, us, brother and sister in law plus their dog) but that changed.  Friends dropped, mom invited herself and my dad.  That's cool, though.  Just means I'll spend a lot less money on booze and a lot more time fishin'.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Already have a family trip planned for the Outer Banks.  It was supposed to be a friend and family thing (friends and their kids, us, brother and sister in law plus their dog) but that changed.  Friends dropped, mom invited herself and my dad.  That's cool, though.  Just means I'll spend a lot less money on booze and a lot more time fishin'.

Nice. I've never been to the Outer Banks but my boyfriend used to go every year. Lately we've gone to Ocean City Maryland and Virgina Beach. We've gone to VA Beach more because my boyfriend's cousin is Navy and is stationed there. So the two of us go and crash at his place and then all three of us will go to the beach together! I don't know if we will this year though because I think he is out at sea. 
Yeah, the Outer Banks is a pretty cool place.  Relaxing, too.  This will be my third time there.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yeah, the Outer Banks is a pretty cool place.  Relaxing, too.  This will be my third time there.

My boyfriend's mom told me that when they went there was nothing there except the beach. They had to bring everything, including any food they wanted because there was no stores around. I wonder if that changed over the years...
Getting trashed, film festivals, maybe go to Japan if I finally get my taxes done.
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe
For summer? I don't have any definitive plans yet.

Around the middle of May though (which Effectively is the start of summer in NC), I'm going to Bowling Green Kentucky for the C4 Corvette rally, and to take a trip to the Corvette Mueseum.  I'm also hoping the factory will be open again over there for the tours. I'd love to see them building the new C7.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
My boyfriend's mom told me that when they went there was nothing there except the beach. They had to bring everything, including any food they wanted because there was no stores around. I wonder if that changed over the years...

There's stores.  I mean, dood.  People like live there and stuff.    In some areas, though, you could be a half hour or more away from a grocery store so I guess maybe that's what she meant or whatever.  Also it's kinda got odd booze rules so if you wanna have anything beyond beer and wine you need to bring it with you.  But yeah, there's stores.  Hell, they have an outlet mall, too (IIRC, stores like 9 West and Coach in addition to others - been a long time, though).

Section Six Soldier

Same thing i did last summer...make money from tourist  by selling dirt and claiming it's alien dirt and selling diet water too...

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls

There's stores.  I mean, dood.  People like live there and stuff.    In some areas, though, you could be a half hour or more away from a grocery store so I guess maybe that's what she meant or whatever.  Also it's kinda got odd booze rules so if you wanna have anything beyond beer and wine you need to bring it with you.  But yeah, there's stores.  Hell, they have an outlet mall, too (IIRC, stores like 9 West and Coach in addition to others - been a long time, though).

Do you go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina? She told me that stores and stuff were hours away when they used to go. I believe it was like at least 10 years since they last went. The last time they went several small stores started showing up but for the most part they had to bring everything. 
Do you go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina? She told me that stores and stuff were hours away when they used to go. I believe it was like at least 10 years since they last went. The last time they went several small stores started showing up but for the most part they had to bring everything. 

Yeah, I said the Outer Banks.  And yes, there were always stores closer than hours away.  The first time I was there was close to 10 years ago now and I distinctly remember being close to a store.  I mean about 5 minutes away.  I remember cuz my brother's gf (now wife) was very happy that she didn't have to drive a half hour to the nearest store like she did the year before.  Certain areas are closer to stores and the like than others.  Places like Waves, IIRC, are about a half hour away from most stores.  Places like Hatteras are where the stores are (and always were).  So it matters where you stay to a certain degree.  But hours away is a very, very strong exaggeration.  Seems to me she told you a 'walked 10 miles to school - uphill both ways' kinda story.  I suggest asking her again when she's not two bottles deep. ;)

Section Six Soldier

Yeah, I said the Outer Banks.  And yes, there were always stores closer than hours away.  The first time I was there was close to 10 years ago now and I distinctly remember being close to a store.  I mean about 5 minutes away.  I remember cuz my brother's gf (now wife) was very happy that she didn't have to drive a half hour to the nearest store like she did the year before.  Certain areas are closer to stores and the like than others.  Places like Waves, IIRC, are about a half hour away from most stores.  Places like Hatteras are where the stores are (and always were).  So it matters where you stay to a certain degree.  But hours away is a very, very strong exaggeration.  Seems to me she told you a 'walked 10 miles to school - uphill both ways' kinda story.  I suggest asking her again when she's not two bottles deep. ;)

The she must have been like a half hour away or something. The first time they went there my boyfriend and his brother were very little so I'm sure they just didn't want to go a half hour away for groceries or something. I've never been there. All I know is that they said there was not really any stores around where they stayed.  
The she must have been like a half hour away or something. The first time they went there my boyfriend and his brother were very little so I'm sure they just didn't want to go a half hour away for groceries or something. I've never been there. All I know is that they said there was not really any stores around where they stayed.  

Yeah, that's totally possible.  A half hour is pretty normal for some spots so they likely stayed one of those places.  To me, it's awesome.  I wanna be far away from all that crap.  I've got a grocery store less than a mile away at home.  Why the hell would I want that when I'm on vacation!?!? 

Section Six Soldier

Yeah, that's totally possible.  A half hour is pretty normal for some spots so they likely stayed one of those places.  To me, it's awesome.  I wanna be far away from all that crap.  I've got a grocery store less than a mile away at home.  Why the hell would I want that when I'm on vacation!?!? 

Personally I love having boardwalks and tons of stuff but I don't know at VA Beach we didn't have a lot of that where we were and it was still nice. 
Anyone already making plans for the summer? 

Yeah.
I gotta work.
Millions on welfare are depending on me.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Same thing i did last summer...make money from tourist  by selling dirt and claiming it's alien dirt and selling diet water too...

Sounds OTTerish.

Diet water... would that be distilled water?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Kinda sounds like something I came up with, Instant Water! Just add Water!!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
I believe there actually exists something similar: dehydrated water.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Personally I love having boardwalks and tons of stuff but I don't know at VA Beach we didn't have a lot of that where we were and it was still nice. 

Vacation is to get away from life's many annoyances.  People are pretty much number one on the list of annoyances.

Section Six Soldier

Vacation is to get away from life's many annoyances.  People are pretty much number one on the list of annoyances.

Lol, not for me! I love doing stuff- especially shopping! The boardwalk is the perfect beach place to shop! <3

I believe there actually exists something similar: dehydrated water.

Wouldn't that just be oxygen?

Section Six Soldier

Lol, not for me! I love doing stuff- especially shopping! The boardwalk is the perfect beach place to shop! <3

The beach isn't for shopping, it's for fishing dammit!   

Yeah, most people like that crap.  I am not most people.  I'm certain I'll end up at some store at some point or another thanks to the wife and stepkid but it'll be ok.  And there are a couple of places with people that I do want to go to.  I need a new Howard's Pub shirt and there's this sunglasses store on Ocracoke that I like so I'll probably go there to get some new Oakleys or something.

Section Six Soldier

What lame beaches do you go to? 

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Yeah, most people like that crap.  I am not most people.  I'm certain I'll end up at some store at some point or another thanks to the wife and stepkid but it'll be ok.  And there are a couple of places with people that I do want to go to.  I need a new Howard's Pub shirt and there's this sunglasses store on Ocracoke that I like so I'll probably go there to get some new Oakleys or something.

Lol, I don't fish and probably would never fish. I get sea shells by the shore and swim in the shallow area. Then I lay on the beach, take pictures of everything, and listen to music. But the boardwalk is one of my favorite parts of the beach. We don't do the boardwalk at VA Beach because the boardwalk there is kind of stupid. Its not like Ocean City Maryland where its just right there. You need to drive there and pay alot to go see the stores which are lame because there isn't that much. We found that out when we went to it one time, lol. So instead my boyfriend's cousin takes us on base and we go to the NEX. We'll see a movie, play Wii, get drunk and go out to eat when we're not on the beach in the evenings instead of visiting the boardwalk. Its lots of fun! I'm hoping that at some point this summer he won't be at sea anymore so we can visit him again. 

The good kind, duh. 

Lol, I don't fish and probably would never fish. I get sea shells by the shore and swim in the shallow area. Then I lay on the beach, take pictures of everything, and listen to music. But the boardwalk is one of my favorite parts of the beach. We don't do the boardwalk at VA Beach because the boardwalk there is kind of stupid. Its not like Ocean City Maryland where its just right there. You need to drive there and pay alot to go see the stores which are lame because there isn't that much. We found that out when we went to it one time, lol. So instead my boyfriend's cousin takes us on base and we go to the NEX. We'll see a movie, play Wii, get drunk and go out to eat when we're not on the beach in the evenings instead of visiting the boardwalk. Its lots of fun! I'm hoping that at some point this summer he won't be at sea anymore so we can visit him again. 

Yup, totally not my style. 

Section Six Soldier

The good kind, duh. 

Yup, totally not my style. 

Lol, its okay. I have fished once as a kid when my neighbor across the street put a fishing pond in the yard. I didn't like it so I never did it again, lol. 
Surf fishing is just a bit different.  ;)

Section Six Soldier

The good kind, duh. 

no, those would be the beaches with the hot girls.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Meh, overrated.  I always get arrested when I put my sunscreen on their backs.  Kinda sucks. 

Section Six Soldier

Well yeah, I mean, you're old, bald, look like a troll, and work as a janitor, why would anyone want you to have you near them?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
That's ... umm ... beside the point.  Most ladies wouldn't want any man applying his sunscreen that way. 

Section Six Soldier

You with a look on your face that says you're a date rapist? Yeah, probably not.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Umm ... I think you're still outside the conversation.  Think 'Japanese train passenger'.

Section Six Soldier

Well that night be the problem. Why are applying sunscreen on a girl on the beach dressed like a Japanese train passenger?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I need some sort of disguise!

Section Six Soldier

No matter how hard you try, you can't hide the ugly.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Sign In to post comments