A humble list of useful 4e threads

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread was intended for General. Not sure why it is in Community Business.
A humble list of some interesting 4e threads...

There are many threads that are useful for optomized character building in the CharOp section.
Check those out here 
Thank you to them for their fine format as an example.

Two interesting wiki's that list some interesting threads to also check out:
DnD: Dungeon Master Resource
DND: Player's Resource

There are many threads that do not fit onto that list, but are still fun threads to be shared rather than to dwell in the deep archives as hidden treasures. So in your travels through the archive when you find a treasure that would be worthy please note it for this thread. 

The format for such a daunting task is important. Voting will be done for a listing to be granted. It is hard to anticipate what the treasures will be. Therefore much of the organization of the list will have to be adapted as threads are added. 

When posting to suggest an addition include links and the complete name of the thread followed by the name of the author in parentheses, and then the month and year the thread started. Also keep a running list from the previous post of any additions still being voted upon. Just copy it from the last person so that it can be all kept together for the reviewer as the flux should be very thick. 

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

We can surely expect some characters to be suggested. There are many threads of the rp and notorious deeds of heroes past dead or still current.

A reminder might suffice for the current time until a nice shelf is started.

When posting to suggest an addition include links and the complete name of the thread followed by the name of the author in parentheses, and then the month and year the thread started. Also keep a running list from the previous post of any additions still being voted upon. Just copy it from the last person so that it can be all kept together for the reviewer as the flux should be very thick. 

Concisely: I want a system where players don't have to pick between mechanics and roleplaying. I hope 5E fails asap so a better system can be made asap.

( I can't believe what they did to the forums. The sterile lack or color is rather depressing. )

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

Reserved for later use.

The irony of having to scroll past those annoying stickied posts to get to a list that says to go to the charop forum and read the stickies is not lost upon me.
This is in general discussion Fitzco so I wanted to include reference to the CharOp list of builds if someone wanted to focus on mechanics. What you pointed out is funny, but currently unavoidable.

Baja, this thread is unneeded.  We already have The Dungeon Master Resource and the Player Resource and the Character Optimization Guides.  Stickies atop the What's a DM to Do?, What's a Player to Do? and  4e Character Optimization forums already direct people to these threads.
Of course this thread isn't needed. It is for fun to pull up interesting threads. For an example, I know that somewhere hidden in the archive is a ghostbuster build. And if that could be tracked down, it would definately get my vote as interesting. 

I will append those lists to the top post though.  

If the thread isn't needed, it's spam.

Don't spam.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
It's for fun, no worries. Have fun with it or don't.

Holy crap there are ton of threads about how long combat should last or ways to speed it up.  

There's a difference between asking a question and attempting to provide a service that isn't useful.

One of the two is a completely normal use of a game forum. The other is weird at best.
Another incompetent list. mmmm yummy!

Key fail words: Humble, Useful, List, Voting 

Bajat you need to learn a new trick this one is kind of boring.

I vote for these threads below:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
thanks!

I would like to vote for 

Fast Combat list  (Baja)  May 2012

There were some previous suggestions, but they weren't formatted, so I didn't add them to the running list.

also seemed like it would be useful, but it is more of a comment than a thread.