Why?

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seriously, why do they need to make a Galaxy S3 mini? Isn't part of the S3's draw that it is large? I mean, if you don't like such a large phone, why not get another phone that is just smaller?
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

It's a trend. There was this big iPad and now we have a small iPad.

Next thing we know, they'll make the iPad even smaller, imagine the possibilities of having an iPad, but with a 4-inch screen.

Small is the new Big.

It's a trend. There was this big iPad and now we have a small iPad.

Next thing we know, they'll make the iPad even smaller, imagine the possibilities of having an iPad, but with a 4-inch screen.

Small is the new Big.

You mean like this?

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Lol, I don't get that either. I don't understand the ipad mini. I have an ipod touch and that's mini enough for me. Honestly, the battery is shot so until I get it fixed its staying on the charger like my 80GB classic. The one I'll fix is my 80GB though since it has more music on it, lol. 
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
Ironic clown is ironic
Pedant. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Meh, I'm sorta happy about it.  If more good manufacturers make good small phones I won't have to stay with Apple.  I got an iPhone for its size, not its OS.  I like Droid fine but their good phones are all laptop sized and that's stupid and lame.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yeah my Droid is kind of huge but I can't bring myself to get an iphone since they are more fragile than the ipod. I'm actually thinking that if the apps are good I may go with a Windows phone for my next one. Its thin and I could type on the touch keyboard with the least amount of mistakes. I don't know why I have such trouble with touch keyboards but I really hate them. Its actually one of the reason I didn't get the iphone. I was so close to getting it until I saw a keyboard droid..... lol.
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
iPhones aren't that fragile and there's options to assist or mitigate fragility issues.  Insurance is one and another is a good case.  Life Proof cases are awesome and they're not supermassive.  I don't even use a case.  I have a heavy duty screen protector instead (on both sides).  At a glance you can't even tell the phone has anything on it.  It's more a scratch protector than anything else but you can always opt for something more serious (like a Life Proof case). 

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I avoid  cases honestly and i know too many people with broken iphones even from light drops. I know I could get a case but then my phone would be too fast for my purses. I'm just better off without an iphone. Besides, typing on it was difficult and I'd press one letter and then like 3 different would ones would show up. That alone makes me not want it, haha.
its been my expierence that people with smart phones are anything but
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
The phone is supposed to be more intelligent than its predecessors , not the human manipulating it.
The only way to solve this is to have customized screen sizes.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

I avoid  cases honestly and i know too many people with broken iphones even from light drops. I know I could get a case but then my phone would be too fast for my purses. I'm just better off without an iphone.

That's why I mentioned Life Proof.  They're very durable, waterproof and not gigantic.  An iPhone is small and a Life Proof case doesn't cripple that advantage.

Besides, typing on it was difficult and I'd press one letter and then like 3 different would ones would show up. That alone makes me not want it, haha.

Jeebus ... how big are your thumbs?  You Megan Fox or something? 

Section Six Soldier

I avoid  cases honestly and i know too many people with broken iphones even from light drops. I know I could get a case but then my phone would be too fast for my purses. I'm just better off without an iphone.

That's why I mentioned Life Proof.  They're very durable, waterproof and not gigantic.  An iPhone is small and a Life Proof case doesn't cripple that advantage.

Besides, typing on it was difficult and I'd press one letter and then like 3 different would ones would show up. That alone makes me not want it, haha.

Jeebus ... how big are your thumbs?  You Megan Fox or something? 

No, I'm actually really really small. It must be the way I press the buttons or something. Oh well, like I said if the apps are good on the windows phone I'll probably get that next time I upgrade. I have issues with most touch keyboards- even the droid ones. But since they are moving away from smartphones having keyboards I must get used to one. I might as well buy the phone in which I have no issues with.
No, I'm actually really really small. It must be the way I press the buttons or something. Oh well, like I said if the apps are good on the windows phone I'll probably get that next time I upgrade. I have issues with most touch keyboards- even the droid ones. But since they are moving away from smartphones having keyboards I must get used to one. I might as well buy the phone in which I have no issues with.

I can't see getting a Windows phone.  There's a reason Droid and iOS have crushed Windows basically out of the market - cuz the Windows OS and the phones that run it suck.  My first smart phone was a Windows job and it sucked.  Hard.  I liked Droid and iOS is ok, too.  The new Windows phones are not selling well (so badly, in fact, that Nokia may die) and that could be because kiddies are focused on Droid and iOS phones ... but it could also be cuz they still suck.  If they were dramatically different or better or even comparable you'd see more.  Nobody I know owns one or is even considering one.  Cuz Windows phones developed a terrible reputation.  Cuz they more than earned it. 

Meh, I say check it out if you're into it and see if you can audition it for a couple weeks or something just in case.  It would suck to be stuck with a crappy phone for a couple years.  If it's good enough for you, great.  If not, go Droid since some Droid phone still offer a keyboard.

Section Six Soldier

I can't see getting a Windows phone.  There's a reason Droid and iOS have crushed Windows basically out of the market - cuz the Windows OS and the phones that run it suck.  My first smart phone was a Windows job and it sucked.  Hard.  I liked Droid and iOS is ok, too.  The new Windows phones are not selling well (so badly, in fact, that Nokia may die) and that could be because kiddies are focused on Droid and iOS phones ... but it could also be cuz they still suck.  If they were dramatically different or better or even comparable you'd see more.  Nobody I know owns one or is even considering one.  Cuz Windows phones developed a terrible reputation.  Cuz they more than earned it. 

Meh, I say check it out if you're into it and see if you can audition it for a couple weeks or something just in case.  It would suck to be stuck with a crappy phone for a couple years.  If it's good enough for you, great.  If not, go Droid since some Droid phone still offer a keyboard.

I haven't seen a nice phone besides my current one that has a keyboard. Like I said it will depend on what apps they offer. My sister's phone was really nice and it really appealed to me but I don't know what kind of apps it has. I honestly didn't even know it existed until I asked her what her phone was, lol. I don't know, maybe by the time my upgrade rolls around there will be a droid keyboard I like. So far for keyboards its windows, droid, and then iphone last. I had a blackberry once but it had crappy apps which made me want either iphone or droid. I more or less wanted the iphone simply because I have ipods. 
I have a super-cheap protector from Walmart for my iPhone. I've thrown the damn thing across the room twice and still not broken it.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Everyone I know has broken iphones. That makes me not want an iphone. Now, one of those people has a broken phone no matter what he buys so I guess that doesn't count, lol. 

I've had the same $40 Tracphone for the past eight years or more and still haven't bothered to set up my voicemail, lol.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

I haven't seen a nice phone besides my current one that has a keyboard. Like I said it will depend on what apps they offer. My sister's phone was really nice and it really appealed to me but I don't know what kind of apps it has. I honestly didn't even know it existed until I asked her what her phone was, lol. I don't know, maybe by the time my upgrade rolls around there will be a droid keyboard I like. So far for keyboards its windows, droid, and then iphone last. I had a blackberry once but it had crappy apps which made me want either iphone or droid. I more or less wanted the iphone simply because I have ipods. 

Maybe you should look at the Galaxy Note II. It's not relly a phone, but not yet a tablet. I've heard it called a phoneblet or Tablone. Your clutzatron typing skills shouldn't cause you too much problems on that phone. I don't know about other Android phones, but the Samsung ones have the swipe ability where you don't have to hit every letter you want to type. You just make a general swiming motion of the word and the phone usually gets theword you are trying to type. If by any chance you manage to mess that up, the Note II also brings a stylus that from what I've heard, is supposed to be a very impressive stylus. You could just use that to type.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Maybe you should look at the Galaxy Note II. It's not relly a phone, but not yet a tablet. I've heard it called a phoneblet or Tablone. Your clutzatron typing skills shouldn't cause you too much problems on that phone. I don't know about other Android phones, but the Samsung ones have the swipe ability where you don't have to hit every letter you want to type. You just make a general swiming motion of the word and the phone usually gets theword you are trying to type. If by any chance you manage to mess that up, the Note II also brings a stylus that from what I've heard, is supposed to be a very impressive stylus. You could just use that to type.

It looks huge though! Lol, how would I fit that in my tiny purses? Although I will actually have to go to a store and look at one to determine whether or not it should fit. Supposedly my current phone has some sort of swipe thingy since you don't have to use the keyboard. I don't know how to use it though and end up messing up more because I forget and type each letter, lol. The stylus makes me want the phone though... that would be so incredibly handy! I loved the stylus when I used my DS!

It looks huge though! Lol, how would I fit that in my tiny purses? Although I will actually have to go to a store and look at one to determine whether or not it should fit. Supposedly my current phone has some sort of swipe thingy since you don't have to use the keyboard. I don't know how to use it though and end up messing up more because I forget and type each letter, lol. The stylus makes me want the phone though... that would be so incredibly handy! I loved the stylus when I used my DS!

You seemed determined to create more problems for yourself.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

You seemed determined to create more problems for yourself.

No, its just my purses are very important to me to be able to be used. I paid a lot for them over time and I like to use them. Out of the 5 I have about 3 of them are super small.  A phone needs to be comfortable against my ear, I need to text somehow with it comfortably and it MUST fit in my purse since my purse will be where I carry it inside. I never ever put my phone in my pocket so it doesn't need to fit there. I would like to look at the phone though. I love the idea of texting with a stylus and it would be a phone I look at. Now, if it costs like $500 with the upgrade then I probably wouldn't buy it, haha. I tend to like to look in a store at it even if I do decide to purchase online simply because I like to touch whatever I'm buying, lol. 

I've had the same $40 Tracphone for the past eight years or more and still haven't bothered to set up my voicemail, lol.

I would give you a thumbs up but damn, 40 dollars!? I only paid 9 for mine.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

dood, that's a burner.  You're not supposed to keep a burner that long.

Section Six Soldier

dood, that's a burner.  You're not supposed to keep a burner that long.

As long as it works and does what he needs it to do, why not?
For reasons
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
As long as it works and does what he needs it to do, why not?

I dunno, maybe cuz the friggin' Feds?  I mean, that's how they getcha, brah.  Stupid mistakes like that.  And, you know, cuz if you have one people tend to think that's the reason you have one. 

For reasons

Exactly.  Er, maybe.  Maybe there's no reason at all. 

Section Six Soldier

Meh.
I use my work cellphone as though it is actually mine.
Not that I have any friends to call anyway...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
I text and use apps on my phone. Although Words With Friends doesn't work anymore.  
Whats an app?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Whats an app?

You know, thats a good question, I would say that its a program that you download for youre phone, but theres apps you can download on your computer, or playstation or whatever, so I dont know why they just dont call them programs, or downloads, but whatever, its apps now.
Whats an app?

You know, thats a good question, I would say that its a program that you download for youre phone, but theres apps you can download on your computer, or playstation or whatever, so I dont know why they just dont call them programs, or downloads, but whatever, its apps now.

Maybe because it's short for application. What was it you did for work again?

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Grrrr, yes I know its short for Application, but I didnt feel a need to point that out, I mean that doesnt really explain what it is, er, wait, yeah I guess it kinda does, nevermind, so yeah, there you go Robin, its an Application. 

And I fabricate metal parts for the construction of full sized trucks, not semi ones, And yes theres an Application I use for that, its called Proform, it kinda sucks cause its stuck in inches and all my measurments are in millimeters, stupid Canadians, yes its a Canadian company in the US and we ship parts to Mexico, go figure, more information than anybody wanted im sure.
Huh... for some reason I thought you had some computer related job. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Me? With some fancy smancy computer job? Nope, I opperate a brake press. But it does have a computer hooked up too it to let the machine know where to move the stops and how much tonnage to apply and all that, so yeah there is a computer involved but i dont actually do much computing on it, cant even get online with it. Still uses Windows 2000, oh the humanity!!
It's probably a good thing you don't work with computers since you didn't know that 'ap' was shorthand for 'application'. 

Section Six Soldier

I don't have time for that app nonsense.
Unlike a lot of people, my phone isn't my mate.
Although, my phone trteats me better than my mate, and doesn't give me hell.
So maybe I should make my phone my mate...
Sign In to post comments