Advice on Lvl 1 Rogue

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys , first of all , sorry about bad english ,it isnt my mother language.

We gona play a campaign from lvl 1 to 30 using only this books: Monsters Manual , Players Handbook 1 , Players Handbook 2 and Adventurers Vault 1 .

I want to play with human rogue and anothers characters are:  dwarf cleric , half orc barbarian , gnome wizard , dwarf fighter and a feral ranger.

So, if u guys can see my character sheet and give me some advices i will apreciate really much.

Tyvm

Show
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Kaine Armstrong, level 1 Human,
 Rogue Build: Brawny Rogue
Rogue Tactics: Brutal Scoundrel

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
 Str 15, Con 11, Dex 19, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 15, Con 11, Dex 17, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 17 Will: 12

HP: 23 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
 Intimidate +6, Stealth +9, Thievery +9, Perception +5, Insight +5, Bluff +6, Acrobatics +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana -1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering, Endurance, Heal, History -1, Nature, Religion -1, Streetwise +1, Athletics +2

FEATS
Human: Backstabber Level 1: Weapon Focus (Light Blade)

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Deft Strike Rogue at-will 1: Piercing Strike Rogue at-will 1: Riposte Strike
Rogue encounter 1: Dazing Strike
Rogue daily 1: Trick Strike

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Dagger (5), Shuriken (10), Hand Crossbow, Adventurer's Kit, Thieves' Tools

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

That's going to be really painful for you guys - the Monster Manual monsters generally have too many hit points and don't do enough damage. There are math fix feats in the other books(Improved Defenses, Versatile Expertise and various improvements on those feats), and Rogues don't have any minor action attacks, etc...

So it is going to lead slow combats...
Damm , so .. i gona take the worst class to play ?

Rogue look so cool when i read this ... im sad =,(

Damm , so .. i gona take the worst class to play ?

Rogue look so cool when i read this ... im sad =,(

It has nothing to do with the class you chose (Rogues are awesome!), but more with that you're limiting yourself only to the first few books.  And the first few books had okay setup, but some problems in the math.  Those problems were fixed with feats and options and things in the later books that you're not using.
Confused about Stealth? Think "invisibility" means "take the mini off the board to make people guess?" You need to check out The Rules Of Hidden Club.
Damage types and resistances: A working house rule.
We come from D10 system and all group is fresh on D20 , so we dont want more complication using all things at same time , because this we only gona use less books at this moment.

It's okay, the system plays fine during heroic without too much fixing needed, though at level 8-10, monsters definitely need a bit more umph. Once you guys get around to level 6 or so, you'll be more familiar with the system, and can open the gates to all resources. I would not recommend playing 1-30 for your first campaign with those restrictions. Play a mini campaign, maybe 1-6, stop when you've had enough exposure/familiarity, and restart with full resources.

So the net result is the opposite of what you wanted to achieve ? Get a DDI account, as much as we complain about it, it sorta does most things correctly. Read the handbooks, get yourself a decent build.

With printed character sheets that explain what each power does, with a published mod, it should be relatively easy to do OK.   
However the build of your rogue looks ok for a first go at it with the books you have.

Ty for the feedback guys !

Well Mengu74 , i will talk with my group , ur advice looks solid.
So, with this build i can do well crazywolf ?

Ty again guys.

With the books you're using, it might be better to be a half-orc. Put 18 into Strength and 18 into Dexterity and the 13 in Charisma or Constitution (this assumes you're using the point buy system). Because of your ability scores, it would be good to use a dagger. You get a +1 to attack rolls when you use one. So, your attack bonus would be: 4+3+1= +8 vs. Defense. 

Riposte Strike should be your main At-Will. It will give you a chance to hit an enemy even when it's not your turn.

As for your level 1 feat, probably Backstabber is your best bet. This will give you more damage each time you hit (when you have combat advantage - so work with your group to flank as much as you can!). But a case can also be made for Weapon Expertise, giving you a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls. You can pick either one at level 1, but make sure you take the other one at level 2.

Dazing Strike is a really good level 1 encounter power. This will give you combat advantage while the target is dazed.

Of the options available, I think Trick Strike is your best bet for a daily.

Also, remember that you can do sneak attack damage once per turn, which means you can deal it again with the attack granted by Riposte Strike.

That's what I would do, anyway.  
Ok , i need a little training before start do good with him babcock3030 , i will use this tricks you taught.

About human race , i tok cause it give me a talent , a skill , defense checks and another at-will and i can buy the human talent for take more defense.