A few general questions about board game play:
1. Have just finished the first little adventure in Castle Ravenloft (trying to escape dungeon). If you start on a tile and then move 2-3 spaces in any direction, you hit the edge of a tile. I'm assuming that your Hero phase is done and you are then in the "Exploration Phase," right?
2. Does every new added tile have a monster? That seems to be indicated by step 3 in the "Exploration" phase.
3. What does it mean to "activate the villain" in step 2 of the "Villain Phase?"
4. What does it mean to "activate each Monster and Trap Card" in step 3 of the "Villain Phase?" Does this imply that the villain/trap always attack first in the scenario where a new tile is placed and they appear?
5. Do monsters move only once (when they are revealed)? Or, do they move again?
6. Does the vampire in the first adventure move? He seemingly awakes in the first tile you set down, but there is nothing about monsters/villains moving, chasing, or trying to attack a character.
7. Under what circumstances would a hero have a chance to disable a trap (it seems traps always act first)?