W/R Knight/Soldier deck

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Isochron feels out of place.

3DH4LIF3

By the looks of it, Brion is your commander, correct? If so, why him instead of maybe Gisela, Blade of Goldnight or Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran  if we are going soldier/knight theme?

Kinda agree with Niheloim, but I can understand it. Why no Sunforger?

To Arms is kinda meh.

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

Isochron feels out of place.

I put the Isochron Scepter in for repeatable combat tricks and/or token generation. Hoping someone might have ideas on how to capitalize on that with other <=2 cmc spells...?

By the looks of it, Brion is your commander, correct? If so, why him instead of maybe Gisela, Blade of Goldnight or Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran  if we are going soldier/knight theme?

To Arms is kinda meh.

Yeah, sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted it, and was copying from my list @ tappedout. Agrus Kos is my general...just forgot to put him @ the top.

Sunforger is awesome...that's going on the shopping list for sure! Any other ideas? Like I said, I'm looking to capitalize on  cheap combat tricks by repeating them with copies of the Scepter...

To Arms is kinda meh.

Yeah, sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted it, and was copying from my list @ tappedout. Agrus Kos is my general...just forgot to put him @ the top.

Sunforger is awesome...that's going on the shopping list for sure! Any other ideas? Like I said, I'm looking to capitalize on  cheap combat tricks by repeating them with copies of the Scepter...

Completely understandable. If that's the case, I recommend Mistveil Plains so you can put used instants back on the bottom of your deck for Sunforger to find. Tithe can even help you find it. Fight to the Death fits your combat tricks as well, as do Catapult Squad (after  blockers are declared and before damage tap soldiers to kill off attackers/blockers) and Catapult Master.

Pentarch Paladin? Southern Paladin, Northern Paladin

Mine Excavation can't go on the Scepter or Sunforger, but Argivian Find can, as can Enlightened Tutor if you can afford it.

(I was actually considering building a soldier/knight theme deck after Gatecrash came out planning to make Aurelia the commander and going Boros heavy so I have given this stuff alot of thought)

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

Good suggestions, thanks.

I've got Darien, King of Kjeldor, Preeminent Captain, Cenn's Tactician, and Sunforger on order to put in here, too.  Just need to get some good <=2cmc instants for the Scepter. I may change my mind on that though, it'll depend on how much I'd have to change the base strategy (blitzkrieg attacks).
Also thinking of putting Field Marshal and Ranger of Eos in there, too...

Can't WAIT to get Assemble the Legions!!!  Murder Investigation would also fit quite nicely, I think.
Also thinking of putting Field Marshal and Ranger of Eos in there, too...

Can't WAIT to get Assemble the Legions!!!  Murder Investigation would also fit quite nicely, I think.

I only see 2 things the Ranger can get in the deck. Is it really worth it? Definitely agree with the Field Marshal though.

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Neat two mana or less instants in red and white?

Abeyance
Uh... Boros Charm
Disenchant
Fork
Raise the Alarm
Orim's Chant
Skred if you play snow covered.
Then of course swords, path, dispatch, maybe lightning helix... enlightened tutor is a possibility.

3DH4LIF3

Lightning Helix and Boros Charm are in.....I took out To Arms! for the Helix.  Having that imprinted on the Scepter with Balefire Liege out is SICK!!

Excited for the prerelease! 
Get Darien, King of Kjeldor ASAP.  I'm also worried that your deck is light on mana ramp, fetchers and card advantage.  Since your deck is only two colors, mana ramp might not be much of an issue, though Sol Ring or Darksteel Ingot never hurt anybody.  For fetching, may I suggest Taj-Nar Swordsmith?  Since your deck has a lotta equipment, he can get you the Hammer of God or the Lady's Stiletto.  One problem I foresee is that the style of EDH favors green and blue and penalizes red and white, which are your colors.
Sign In to post comments