RPJesus's You Make The General EDH Shenangastravaganza [Contest (sort of)]

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sup all? Mostly just looking for feedback on a thingy I want to try with my friends, but I also wouldn't mind giving this a shot on the boards as well if there's enough interest, though I make no promises about this panning out, but whatevs.

Basically the rules would be as follows;

1) First off, each person makes a legendary creature (preferably something EDH-y but if you wanna roll with Phage the untouchable more power to you I guess) and three cards that can be used in a deck with that card as a general.

1.5) People review the cards and point out anything that's just blatantly ridonkulonkulous. Discussions ensue, I reserve the final right to arbitrate.

2) Once everyone's designed their cards, players bid starting life on which general (+the three other cards) they want to use.

3) Players build an EDH deck with their chosen general. They may also use the three other cards, but they don't have to.

4) Players then play against each other (I'm thinking 4 player FFA, though might have to do duels if we do it on here). Shenanigans and goodtimes are had by all. 

Any thoughts / suggestions? Also, would anybody be interested in participating in a test run of this?

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
"Bid starting life" meaning what?
"Bid starting life" meaning what?


How much your starting life total is reduced by. So say you want to get dibs on General X. When his turn comes up in the auction, you bid 12 points, and no one oputbids you, so you get to use that guy as your general. Then when you play games with your deck, your life total would start at 28 (40-12).

Although I'm still not entirely sure about that, though about doing it randomly, but that seems less interesting. Definitely open to suggestions about alternate methods of distributing generals though.

Also you can't bid on your own general, because where's the fun in that? .

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Jessica is alive, preposterous.
I'd love to design, but have no time for duels. Like, no time. Between work and school I have no life at all.
I'd love to design, but have no time for duels. Like, no time. Between work and school I have no life at all.


Fair enough. Feel free to submit something if you like, I was actually thinking it might be good to have one or two extra generals in the pool to help avoid somebody getting stuck with a general they straight-up don't like (And in case somebody doesn't bid on anything else and the last card left is the one they designed).

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
This sounds cool, I could play.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
So...should I design something now, then?
So...should I design something now, then?


Go for it.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Whisper, Princess of Silence
Legendary Creature - Demon Wizard [Mythic Rare]
Flying
Whenever a spell or ability is countered, put a +1/+1 counter on Whisper, Princess of Silence.
, : Counter target spell or ability (mana abilities can't be targeted)
2/3     

Infernal Rage
Instant [Uncommon]  
Target creature gets +X/+0 and gains trample until end of turn, where X is its toughness.
The very essence of a demon is hate.

Shatterwhelm
Instant [Rare]
Counter target spell, then Shatterwhelm deals damage equal to that spell's converted mana cost to that spell's controller and target creature that player controls.
Abyssal sorcerers don't turn spells back into mana - they convert them to shards of flying glass. 

Plague of Silence
Enchantment [Uncommon]
Abilities of creatures with -1/-1 counters on them can't be activated (including mana abilities)
Forever deprived of her song, Whisper demands silence.

Edit: REVIEW AWAY! 
Actually I can't play
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
Actually I can't play



You can still offer review!
Whisper, Princess of Silence
Legendary Creature - Demon Wizard [Mythic Rare]
Flying
Whenever a spell or ability is countered, put a +1/+1 counter on Whisper, Princess of Silence.
, : Counter target spell or ability (mana abilities can't be targeted)
2/3     

Infernal Rage
Instant [Uncommon]  
Target creature gets +X/+0 and gains trample until end of turn, where X is its toughness.
The very essence of a demon is hate.

Shatterwhelm
Instant [Rare]
Counter target spell, then Shatterwhelm deals damage equal to that spell's converted mana cost to that spell's controller and target creature that player controls.
Abyssal sorcerers don't turn spells back into mana - they convert them to shards of flying glass. 

Plague of Silence
Enchantment [Uncommon]
Abilities of creatures with -1/-1 counters on them can't be activated (including mana abilities)
Forever deprived of her song, Whisper demands silence.

Edit: REVIEW AWAY! 




Your legend: I feel like you'd want to leave it open so you can counter spells and abilites; That being said, I'd rather the player lose X life where X is like Instances and sorceries in their graveyard vs gaining +1/+1 counters because you won't want to attack, you'll want to sit back and counter stuff. In my opinion. That's what I'd do with it. 

 Your common is silly in my opinion because BR wouldn't use an X targeting toughness, It'd be power. Not to say your card is bad, I just found it kind of silly is all. I like it though.

Shatterwelm is like really really good. Like, too good. I don't like how easy it is to cast. getting isn't hard to do, especially in EDH.  I think it should either cost or have it only target a creature.

And plague of silence is awesome. 
i made this awhile ago for some thread

Yxkrissia, Encroaching One
Legendary Creature - (something cool)
Creatures you control have intimidate.
: Choose target unblocked attacking creature you control. Put a token that’s a copy of that creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking the same player.
5/3

kind of in the vein of vela the night-clad except not horrible. What do you think of all the numbers? Tweak those nobs yo
Baron Samedi
Legendary Creature - Zombie Elf Shaman
: Exile target land card from a graveyard. You may play and additional land this turn.
, : Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Put a 2/2 black and green Zombie Plant token onto the battlefield.
, : Exile target instant or sorcery card from a graveyard. Put a creature or planeswaker card from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.
2/4
  
Airborne Virus
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player discards a card. If that player does, he or she puts a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.  

Grasp of the Void
Instant
You may only cast ~ from your graveyard. Exile target nonland permanent, then exile ~.

Plaguebearer 
Creature - Zombie 
Multikicker , Pay 1 life
When Plaguebearer enters the battlefield, draw a card for each time it was kicked.
2/2
I don't particularly have any interest in playing this EDH game, but I won't mind offering a general to choose from (plus three cards).

That Which Corrodes
Legendary Creature-Ooze Shaman
: Destroy target artifact with converted mana cost X. Distribute X +1/+1 counters among creatures you control.
1/1

Recyclotron
Artifact
Whenever ~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may shuffle up to three cards at random from your graveyard into your library.

Spellgorger Ooze
Creature-Ooze
~ can't be the target of spells or abilities you control.
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, exile that spell or ability and put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
0/1

Reconstitute
Instant
Return target permanent card with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Ethra Dron, Fabricator  |
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
, , Sacrifice an artifact or enchantment: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target artifact or enchantment with converted mana cost X. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
2/2

Appropriate |
Instant
Untap all noncreature artifacts you don't own and gain control of them until end of turn.
The artificer guild highly suggests patenting all new inventions immediately upon conception.

Replication Field |
Enchantment
Whenever a nonlegendary, noncreature artifact enters the battlefield under your control, each other noncreature artifact you control becomes a copy of that artifact until end of turn.
"I don't recall owning quite so many lamps."
-Ethra Dron

Forge |
Sorcery
Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that artifact or enchantment.
Whisper, Princess of Silence
Legendary Creature - Demon Wizard [Mythic Rare]
Flying
Whenever a spell or ability is countered, put a +1/+1 counter on Whisper, Princess of Silence.
, : Counter target spell or ability (mana abilities can't be targeted)
2/3     

Infernal Rage
Instant [Uncommon]  
Target creature gets +X/+0 and gains trample until end of turn, where X is its toughness.
The very essence of a demon is hate.

Shatterwhelm
Instant [Rare]
Counter target spell, then Shatterwhelm deals damage equal to that spell's converted mana cost to that spell's controller and target creature that player controls.
Abyssal sorcerers don't turn spells back into mana - they convert them to shards of flying glass. 

Plague of Silence
Enchantment [Uncommon]
Abilities of creatures with -1/-1 counters on them can't be activated (including mana abilities)
Forever deprived of her song, Whisper demands silence.

Edit: REVIEW AWAY! 




Your legend: I feel like you'd want to leave it open so you can counter spells and abilites; That being said, I'd rather the player lose X life where X is like Instances and sorceries in their graveyard vs gaining +1/+1 counters because you won't want to attack, you'll want to sit back and counter stuff. In my opinion. That's what I'd do with it.



NO SHE'S PERFECT AND YOU'RE JUST A HORRIBLE DESIGNER JEALOUS OF MY BRILLIANCE [/Kevin]

No, in all seriousness that'd been something I considered, but it sorta seems like easy mode. The current design does create tension between countering and attacking, but with the right deck that giant stack of +1/+1 counters could be worth significant good even if you never swing with her.

Your common is silly in my opinion because BR wouldn't use an X targeting toughness, It'd be power. Not to say your card is bad, I just found it kind of silly is all. I like it though.



I'd chosen toughness as being evocative of essence, of BEING, but I agree that it might be a little silly. However, choosing toughness also lets me keep that cost low. If I made it Power, wouldn't I need to jack the price?

Shatterwelm is like really really good. Like, too good. I don't like how easy it is to cast. getting isn't hard to do, especially in EDH.  I think it should either cost or have it only target a creature.



Really? Hrm. That is a problem. On the flip side, Ravnica's feedback card is the closest thing to this and is costed at a very splashable 4. What if I left the cost the same, but it deals damage to you in addition to everything else?

And plague of silence is awesome. 



Yaaaaaaay!

I missed the part with the three other cards.

Spinecutter
Creature - Horror
Intimidate
Whenever Spinecutter deals combat damage to a player, name a card. For the rest of the game, that player can’t activate abilities of cards with the chosen name unless they’re mana abilities. (This effect lasts indefinitely, even if Spinecutter leaves the battlefield.)
1/1

Braincurdler
Creature - Horror
Trample
Whenever Braincurdler deals combat damage to a player, each player discards that many cards.
3/3

Knowledge is Power
Enchantment
The power of each creature you control is equal to the number of cards in your hand.


also I think this card is cool, probably needs balancing though
Dakkon, Wielder of Blackblade

Dakkon, Wielder of Blackblade has power and toughness equal to the number of different lands you control (for instance, if you control a swamp, three islands and two plains, Dakkon is 3/3)
, discard a card: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand.
*/*



Your common is silly in my opinion because BR wouldn't use an X targeting toughness, It'd be power. Not to say your card is bad, I just found it kind of silly is all. I like it though.




I'd chosen toughness as being evocative of essence, of BEING, but I agree that it might be a little silly. However, choosing toughness also lets me keep that cost low. If I made it Power, wouldn't I need to jack the price?

no. The black accounts for trample /shrug.

Shatterwelm is like really really good. Like, too good. I don't like how easy it is to cast. getting isn't hard to do, especially in EDH.  I think it should either cost or have it only target a creature.



Really? Hrm. That is a problem. On the flip side, Ravnica's feedback card is the closest thing to this and is costed at a very splashable 4. What if I left the cost the same, but it deals damage to you in addition to everything else?



Feedback doesn't counter the spell though. I still think costing it a little more or nerfing it a little bit is safe, because some person might want it to deal damage to you /shrug
Professor Morlieur, Temporalogy  
Legendary Creature - Turtle Wizard (M)
Players may cast non-land cards as though they had flash.
Whenever a player casts a spell on another player's turn, you may draw a card. 
2/3
A teacher's greatest and most satisfying joy come from seeing a student aptly apply the knowledge you have given.

Extrapolating Replicant
Creature - Shapeshifter Ooze (R)
You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy creature and with an additional  X +1/+1 counters.
0/0

Spectrumal Protector
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield choose a color, then creatures and planeswalkers you control gain protection from the chosen color until end of turn.
2/2
"Okay, ready yourselves students. Now, goggles on."

Unbound Genius 
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant Creature
Whenever you draw a card, you may  instead gain 3 life and put a +1/+1 counter on the enchanted creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.
 
Professor Morlieur, Temporalogy  
Legendary Creature - Turtle Wizard (M)
Players may cast non-land cards as though they had flash.
Whenever a player casts a spell on another player's turn, you may draw a card. 
2/3
A teacher's greatest and most satisfying joy come from seeing a student aptly apply the knowledge you have given.


Finally got around to this now that my computer is back!

Goz-Doz, Goblin Artificer

Legendary Creature -- Goblin Wizard

Whenever a goblin creature you control leaves the battlefield, you may cast target artifact with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is that goblin's converted mana cost.

My friends are all dead, but at least I have my trinkets!

1/2

Wording may need work

Continuing:

Goblin Gearhead

Creature -- Goblin Warrior

Affinity for artifacts

Whenever you cast an artifact spell, ~ gets +1/+0 until the end of the turn

2/1

SMASH SMASH SMASH


Oxxida Spellbomb

Artifact

, :tm: Sacrifice ~: deal 1 damage to target creature or player.

"I made this so even my brothers can use it. I told them 'Press this, then drop and run. It'll go boom if you did it right.' The best part is, the ones who didn't do it right don't come back to tell me about it." ~ Goz-Doz

 

Kuldotha Warpriest

Creature -- Goblin Giant Warrior

Trample

Metalcraft -- ~ has double strike as long as there are three or more artifacts on the battlefield under your control

Sacrifice a noncreature artifact: Put a 1/1 red goblin creature token onto the battlefield.  7

Goz-Doz seems to enjoy his artifacts. I enjoy an army!

4/4 
Here's a commander I came up with, but made a few adjustments to, and three bearers, all bearing her name.

Casandra, Angel of Three Realms
Legendary Creature-Angel
Flying, vigilance, hexproof
Whenever Casandra, Angel of Three Realms attacks, untap all other creatures you control
5/5

(The three realms are earth , heaven , and sea ; Casandra is pictured as a Druid with wings and carrying a trident)

Casandra's Goblet
Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life for each untapped creature you control


Casandra's Devoted
Creature-Faerie
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Casandra's Devoted is untapped, draw a card
2/2

Casandra's Liege :gwm::gwm:
Creature-Knight
Other green creatures get +1/+1 and have hexproof
Other white creature get +1/+1 and have vigilance
Other blue creatures get +1/+1 and have flying
3/3

BONUS! Here's a fifth card!
Casandra's Trident
Artifact-Equipment
Equipped creature has flying, vigilance, and hexproof
Equip


This deck's gotta roll with Pristine Angel, Test of Endurance, and probably Asceticism, cuz I'm a dweeb who loves me some hexproof.  The deck's strategy, as I see it, is to swing with a lotta creatures, and since this is white, we could have Windbrisk Raptor up in here to give 'em all lifelink.
Because there aren't enough interesting jund hero:


Sol'kanar, the Swampsoul
Legendary Creature - Troll Demon
Nonbasic lands are Swamps.
At the beginning of each end step, you may put target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from any graveyard onto the battlefield where X is the number of tapped Swamps you don't control.
4/4

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Bloodtithe Elf
Creature - Elf (U)
Haste
Anticascade  (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of an opponent's library library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards into its owner's graveyard.)
3/2


There I fixed cascade. Do I get something?


Hungry Hippo (temp name)
Creature - Hippo
Devour 1
When ~ enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a permanent for each +1/+1 counters on ~.
3/3


Magus of the Rod
Creature - Human Wizard
Activated abilities of artifacts can't be activated.
2/2

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I like your stuff theatog. I think the formula of "does something good for me" + "hate card" is good for potential commanders. Also, the unbroken cascade and not-horrible devour are well executed.

Zebron, Meta Predator
Legendary Artifact Creature - Insect
If a player with five or more mana in his or her mana pool would add mana to his or her mana pool, that player adds no mana instead.
, , or : Until end of turn, spells you cast cost less to cast.
"'Conservation of energy' is not a rule I was built to abide by."
4/4
Oh hay, this is totally a thing. I shall offer some various critiques for those who want it and get things organized most likely Saturday evening.

Though in the meantime looks like 

SimonGlume
Echo_Robin 
metalevolence (Also tots just noticed your name isn't metaviolence ).
DaytimeLantern 
an_endless_epidemic
purplebackpack89
theatog

are interested in trying this out? Lemme know if you're listed and just wanted to submit a design or aren't on the list and should be.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Probably wouldn't have time to play but still wanted to post.

Haru, Winter's Successor -
Legendary Creature - Plant Spirit
Hexproof
Other Spirits and Plants you control gets +0/+2 and has ": Add or to your mana pool." 
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
1/2

Spring's Blessing -
Sorcery
Search your library for a Forest or Plains card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then, you gain 1 life for each land you control.

Enlightened Monk -
Creature - Human
When ~ enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 white spirit creature tokens onto the battlefield. 
: Add to your mana pool.
1/2

Guardian of the Land - :Xm: 
Creature - Plant Spirit
Vigilance
~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters.
As long as ~ has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, Forests and Plains you control are X/X green white Spirit creatures that are still lands, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.
3/4
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Professor Morlieur, Temporalogy  
Legendary Creature - Turtle Wizard (M)
Players may cast non-land cards as though they had flash.
Whenever a player casts a spell on another player's turn, you may draw a card. 
2/3
A teacher's greatest and most satisfying joy come from seeing a student aptly apply the knowledge you have given.
 


I would make that "Whenever an opponent casts a spell on another player's turn, you may draw a card." because otherwise it effectively turns all your spells into cantrips, which normally costs 6, even with drawbacks, and you are already getting the benefit of Flash spells yourself, so it would always be useful.

That is really, really cool though. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
You wanted a deck built around our hypos.  I give you said deck.

This deck revolves around several strategies.  One is swinging with a lot of creatures, which get untapped by my commander.  Another is gaining a lot of life.  A third is putting in a lot of Solider tokens to swing with.  My win condition is Storage Matrix, which forces my opponents to choose between untapping creatures or lands, while I don’t because my commander untaps my creatures for me, so I can just choose lands instead (Meanwhile, nobody’s untapping artifacts).  Goes well with Cryptic.


Commander: Casandra, Angel of Three Realms
Lands (36)
6 Forest
9 Plains
6 Island
Ancient Ziggurat
Azorius Guildgate
Command Tower
Flooded Grove
Gavony Township
Glacial Fortress
Graypelt Refuge
Hinterland Harbor
Mystic Gate
Seaside Citadel
Sejiri Refuge
Selesnya Guildgate
Simic Guildgate
Sunpetal Grove
Wooded Bastion
Creatures (40)
Accorder Paladin
Ajani's Sunstriker
Archon of the Triumvirate
Artisan of Kozilek
Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Baneslayer Angel
Bloom Tender
Captain of the Watch
Casandra's Devoted
Casandra's Liege
Chieftain en-Dal
Consecrated Sphinx
Darien, King of Kjeldor
Drogskol Reaver
Essence Warden
Fangren Firstborn
Fangren Pathcutter
Felidar Sovereign
Frost Titan
Geist of Saint Traft
Herald of War
Hero of Bladehold
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Kessig Cagebreakers
Lorthos, the Tidemaker
Loxodon Partisan
Murkfiend Liege
Nacatl War-Pride
Patron of the Kitsune
Pianna, Nomad Captain
Pristine Angel
Rhox Faithmender
Rhox War Monk
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Soltari Champion
Soul Warden
Sun Titan
Treva, the Renewer
Victory's Herald
Windbrisk Raptor
Instants (3)
Aura Mutation
Cryptic Command
Flurry of Wings
Sorceries (5)
Cultivate
Enlightened Tutor
Fabricate
Nomads' Assembly
Primal Command
Enchantments (8)
Asceticism
Bear Umbra
Beastmaster Ascension
Druids' Repository
Luminous Wake
Militia's Pride
Righteous Cause
True Conviction
Artifacts (7)
Argentum Armor
Casandra's Goblet
Casandra's Trident
Chromatic Lantern
Loxodon Warhammer
Obelisk of Bant
Storage Matrix
9
Likewise interested in tossing out more general ideas just for fun.

Tavix, Splicer Savant
Legendary Creature - Artificer
Equipment you control have living weapon. (Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, put a 0/0 black Germ creature token onto the battlefield, then attach that Equipment to it.)
Equipped creatures you control get +1/+1.
2/2

Firemind's Masterpiece
Legendary Creature - Weird
Flash
When you cast Firemind's Masterpiece, copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
You may have Firemind's Masterpiece enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.
0/0

Trask, Blightwalker
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Shaman
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Whenever a player activates an ability of a land that's not a mana ability, destroy that land.
1/3
Rules Advisor
I wanna see more hate card effects on commanders

Solitude
Legendary Creature - Incarnation
Hexproof
Players can cast spells and activate abilities only during their own turns.
Each player can't cast spells that share a card type with a permanent he or she controls.
6/6
Likewise interested in tossing out more general ideas just for fun.

Tavix, Splicer Savant
Legendary Creature - Artificer
Equipment you control have living weapon. (Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, put a 0/0 black Germ creature token onto the battlefield, then attach that Equipment to it.)
Equipped creatures you control get +1/+1.
2/2

Firemind's Masterpiece
Legendary Creature - Weird
Flash
When you cast Firemind's Masterpiece, copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
You may have Firemind's Masterpiece enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield.
0/0

Trask, Blightwalker
Legendary Creature - Treefolk Shaman
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Whenever a player activates an ability of a land that's not a mana ability, destroy that land.
1/3


Living weapon guy is a good idea.

Firemind's is very, very good for a draw-go style deck.

Doubling your opponent's mana is insane to say the least 
Not really interested in playing this out, haven't used magic software before.
Only general for now, I'll come up with some more later.

Atillus, Silent Mind
Creature - Vedalken Advisor
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has more life than you, draw a card.
1/3

Sacred Offering
Instant
Any number of target players sacrifice a creature, then gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.

Turn to Prayers
Instant
Counter target spell. Its controller gains life equal to its converted mana cost.

Sway (p)
Instant
Gain control of target creature attacking you.



You know where this is heading.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

bump?
-RUGW workspace -

Alright, time to blabble on. I like the style of general that they made lots of in the commander sets, where they have inherent self synergy with two or more abilities. Most likely that sill be the easiet way to tackle four colored things.

Rugw - inktreader is the only precedent, and combines a sort of radiance ability which is white, with buffing and copying, green and blue/red, respectively.

RUG - probably my favorite color combo that I want to highlight the most. Likes creatures, and morphing things. Very cascade friendly, polymorph, copying things, clones, etc.

R -

U -

G -

W -

More later.
That Evil Wizard Bear
Legendary Creature - Bear Wizard

Flying

, pay 2 life: Look at the top card of target opponent's library.

, , sacrifice a creature: Target opponent puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If that card is a permanent card, return it to the battlefield under your control.

2/2




Sinister Crystal

Artifact

Your opponents play with the top cards of their libraries revealed.

, : Each player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

"That evil wizard, his crystal ball! His kingdom in the sky, will it ever fall?" - Gothic Knights, That Evil Wizard



Guardian Dragon

Creature - Dragon

Flying

Sacrifice ~: Counter target spell that targets one or more creatures. Draw a card.

3/4

"Upon his dragon, he rules the sky!" - Gothic Knights, That Evil Wizard.



Kingdom in the Sky

Legendary Land

~ enters the battlefield tapped.

: Add to your mana pool.

, , sacrifice ~: Destroy target creature without flying.




EDIT: Guardian Dragon was originally But Green has a strong history of pseudo-counterspells; thus, a Confound effect would seem to fall more within the purview of than .
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Submission done. Hooray.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

fleshed this out some more

Zebron, Grand Maestro
Legendary Artifact Creature - Insect
If a player with five or more mana in his or her mana pool would add mana to his or her mana pool, that player adds no mana instead.
, , or : Until end of turn, spells you cast cost less to cast.
"I will tune this cacophonous multiverse to be my masterpiece."
4/4

Timeless Melody
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
Retrace

Dramatic Fermata
Enchantment
Effects that would end at end of turn don't end until Dramatic Fermata leaves the battlefield.

Creative Process
Enchantment
Whenever you cast a spell, you may put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard. If you do, return a card at random from your graveyard to your hand.
Not really interested in playing this out, haven't used magic software before.
Only general for now, I'll come up with some more later.

Atillus, Silent Mind
Creature - Vedalken Advisor
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if that player has more life than you, draw a card.
1/3

Sacred Offering
Instant
Any number of target players sacrifice a creature, then gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.

Turn to Prayers
Instant
Counter target spell. Its controller gains life equal to its converted mana cost.

Sway (p)
Instant
Gain control of target creature attacking you.


Your commander really wants to be at least part black. White has stuff that works when you have more life than other players.
They just made devour flesh, suggesting that even this twist on the edict is still black. Your version is a lot stronger too.
I like turn to prayers a lot, though not as much in EDH where the life is even less likely to matter.

I don't suppose that game thing with this is going to happen? I was liking the sound of it

Sign In to post comments