I've got a number of questions that I'm going to ask after the build. Note, though that it's under 2 restrictions: 1) No theme, and 2) Nothing from setting specific books/articles (FR, Eberron, Dark Sun, etc)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Qirun, level 6
Tiefling, Sorcerer (Elementalist)
Elemental Specialty Option: Fire Elementalist
Hellfire Heir (Learn Supernal)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 19, DEX 13, INT 11, WIS 10, CHA 19
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 16, DEX 13, INT 11, WIS 10, CHA 16
AC: 18 Fort: 18 Ref: 15 Will: 20
HP: 56 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 14
Arcana +9, Bluff +14, Diplomacy +12, Endurance +12
Acrobatics +4, Athletics +2, Dungeoneering +3, Heal +3, History +4, Insight +3, Intimidate +8, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +4, Stealth +6, Streetwise +7, Thievery +4
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Sorcerer Attack: Elemental Bolt
Sorcerer Attack: Ignition
Sorcerer Attack: Elemental Escalation (Fire)
Sorcerer Utility 2: Spatial Trip
Sorcerer Utility 6: Sudden Scales
Level 1: Hellfire Blood
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 4: War Wizard's Expertise
Level 6: Implement Focus (Dagger)
Shimmering Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1 x1
Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier) x1
Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic tier) x1
Potion of Healing
Incendiary dagger of Speed +1 x1
Backlash Tattoo x1
Potion of Mimicry (heroic tier)
Fearsome Reputation (heroic tier)
Brooch of Shielding +1 x1
====== End ======
1) As noted before, no themes, no setting specific things (that will play a role later on). Also, Fearsome Reputation was granted as the result of a miniature quest, and, as far as he's concerned, the daily power has had the word "weapon" taken out.
2) Because of the way others are switching characters right now, I have the opportunity to rebuild him however I see fit. So if any answers below involve multiple retrainings or ability changes, feel free to toss them in.
3) In terms of the build from here, I was thinking about the following feats:
Level 8- Superior Will
Level 10- something to retrain at 11
Level 11- Arcane Admixture (Elemental Bolt/Cold), Retrain Level 10 feat to Secrets of Belial (for Eagle's Cunning)
Level 12- Lasting Frost, Retrain Implement Focus to Fiery Blood
Level 14- Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 16- Wintertouched
Level 18- Icy Clutch of Stygia
Level 20- [Defensive feat- Improved Defenses? Dispater's Iron Discipline?]
Level 21- Quickened Spellcasting
Look good? Something to change?
4) Alternatively, I had kind of liked the idea that has been thrown around (by Nirafelos, among others) to try and multiclass divine and pick up a Champion's Weapon to do radiant (and cold). The problem with that is that Morninglord is an FR thing. Am I right in thinking that not having Morninglord would make this pointless?
5) Which Paragon path? Academy Master (assuming I can get the DM to agree that the powers work)? Essence Mage? Switch things around to 12 Dex/12 Wis, Multiclass Seeker at 11, and take Crimson Hunter?
6) If Essence Mage- is it worth the feat to grab Reserve Maneuver and get rid of the paragon ecounter power? If so, is flame spiral the right move, even without forced movement?
7) Which enchantment for the main hand? Wyrmtooth might be good for the next couple of levels, but becomes much less valuable after 10th. Rebounding? Wyrmtooth for now, Jagged at 12 (though the Crit feature would be obsolete, or less effective, relatively soon)? Jagged has the advantage of allowing Ruthless Spellfury in epic with a 10% chance. The only other ways I can see of easily getting that would be Crimson Hunter as a PP or drop CON 1, make DEX and STR both 13, and pick up Sorceror Implement Expertise at Paragon. Or is the extra 5% to critical hit just not worth worrying about.
Many thanks to all.