Character Builders Issues...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am having multiple difficulties with the Character Builder today... Was doing a little editing to try to improve a 27th level witch. Attempted to change theme to Order Adept and got error "Something you just did broke something..." Options I had taken simply vanished. Order Adept, Skull Familiar, Sovereign Host. After hours these option became visible again, but when i tried to effect the desired changes the same thing happened... Is anyone else having difficultiies?
Can anyone make sense of this...?

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at D20RulesEngine.ReplaceElement(D20Workspace ws, CharElement* chelem) in c:\builds\ddiapps\cbe_trunk_official\ddiapps\charbuilderessentials\trunk\source\rulesengine\rulestext.cpp:line 550
   at D20RulesEngine.?A0x58570eab.DoReplaced(D20Workspace ws) in c:\builds\ddiapps\cbe_trunk_official\ddiapps\charbuilderessentials\trunk\source\rulesengine\charmanip.cpp:line 1459
   at D20RulesEngine.D20Workspace.UpdateInternal(Boolean auto_opt) in c:\builds\ddiapps\cbe_trunk_official\ddiapps\charbuilderessentials\trunk\source\rulesengine\charmanip.cpp:line 1733
   at D20RulesEngine.D20Workspace.DoUpdate(Boolean optimize) in c:\builds\ddiapps\cbe_trunk_official\ddiapps\charbuilderessentials\trunk\source\rulesengine\charmanip.cpp:line 1490
   at WotC.CharBuilder.Web.MakeChoice.Apply(D20RulesServerSession proxy, List`1 requests)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.Web.D20RulesServerSession.Apply(ContentIdentifier characterID, IEnumerable`1 updates)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.Web.D20WorkspaceService.Apply(ContentIdentifier characterID, IEnumerable`1 updates)
   at SyncInvokeApply(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
   at
System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.D20WorkspaceServiceClientChannel.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.D20WorkspaceServiceClient.WotC.CharBuilder.DataModel.D20Workspace.ID20WorkspaceService.EndApply(IAsyncResult result)
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass14`2.b__13(IAsyncResult ar)
   at WotC.XAMLUtilities.GeneralHelpers.<>c__DisplayClassd`1.<>c__DisplayClassf.b__b()

That is the error i get when attempting to select Order Adept ...but only Order Adept, I can select Cipher, Sensate, etc..., ...?!
Definitly a bug. You should report it to Customer Service.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter