Fox of Phyrexia

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fog of Bant (F)
Instant
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. You gain hexproof until end of turn.
Draw a card.

Old designs.
Show
Fog of Phyrexia (E) (p/)
Instant
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. You gain hexproof until end of turn.
Draw a card.

Fog of Phyrexia (A) (p/)(p/)
Instant
Prevent all damage this turn. (Any type of damage, from and to any source.)
Draw a card.

Fog of Phyrexia (B) (p/)(p/)
Sorcery
Prevent all damage this and next turn. (Any type of damage, from and to any source. The next turn will usually be an opponents.)
Draw a card.

Fog of Phyrexia (C) (p/)(p/)
Instant
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. You are Hexproof this turn.
Draw a card.

Fog of Phyrexia (D) (p/)(p/)
Sorcery
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this and next turn. You are Hexproof this turn. (The next turn will usually be an opponents.)
Draw a card.
The version where it is a creature and has some interesting form of evasion.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

It's more a fog than a creature that can dodge.
X and G are nowhere near each other on the keyboard (well, not on my keyboard, anyways). What gives?

Also, I like none of these designs. Preventing damage is not worth 4 life. And even if it was, it'd be damage coming from something that makes prevention effects useless anyways.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

That's the ugliest mana cost I've ever seen.

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

I like design C the most, myself. I'm not a fan of "this and next" turn, as it seems like just extra to be tacked on that won't always be very useful. And you may even use this on an opponents turn and then be unable to deal damage on your own. I also like the hexproof rider, making this a pretty multi-faceted card.

Correct wording  would also be: "you gain hexproof until of turn", I believe

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

"fog" + "pox" ???

If that's not what you were going for then I'm totally baffled 
I've updated accordingly, creating a new design from the feedback that should be more optimal.

I started with design C. Although maybe having to have it active on your turn too would be a nice balance, however one could say you're stronger when your opponent attacks you because you can choose how to block.

Life don't have to be paid for the phyrexian mana. To make this less of a theme I've reduced the amount of mana that is phyrexian. Maybe I have the mana cost as being too high?

I've also simplified the mana cost.

wow, foX :¬P well spotted.
It's a little better, but I feel it's more green than it is blue. Also perhaps could drop the price by .

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Done.

The (p/) has been replaced with as otherwise it would now be possible to play it for just 2 mana.

Maybe this could now be named "Fog of Bant".
as otherwise it would now be possible to play it for just 2 mana.

Why is that a problem?

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Good point. I incorrectly misremembered fog as costing 2 mana, I'll shave off another mana now.

It is stronger than cards like holy day given that it prevents targeting spells like lightning bolt as well as creatures and also gives a card draw. + + . 2 mana I think is the cheapest that it could be.
Sign In to post comments