Which Limited-Prerelease guild do you think will do the best?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd say this is the order
Dimir (If you get the right mill cards)
Simic (Decent amount of flyers)
Borros(Allot of double strick, indistructablity, etc) / Orzohv (When it comes down to top decking, if you have like 5 cards with extort, you're basically form of dragoning them and they have a good guild mage)
Gruul (So much removal, only like 2 cards in the color that give/have hexproof)

I picked Gruul, and I'd do it again. 
Personally I'd go with either Simic or Boros.  Orzhov or Gruul if I was feeling saucy.
I think I'll go BUG or Esper.
If you go full Mill with Dimir, you are going to lose.  It's an extremely fragile win-con in limited and you will almost have zero board position.  There is nothing stopping people from running 50-60 cards in limited to combat that, and its worth the sub-standard board position against Dimir, as they will have a much worse board position if you do so.  Nothing wrong with going sub-theme mill, but you should focus on controlling the board and winning with a few key creatures moreso than trying to mill out the opponent.

That said, Gruul.  Always gruul.  Gruul splash will have a good early game, strong mid-game, and incredible late game.  Gruul Splash has the same potential, though I'm not nearly as impressed.

Simic has the potential to destroy or flop hard.

Boros has decent potential, but can burn out hard.  Which is why I imagine they will splash most of the time and include a few key mid-game Gruul cards.

Orzhov is just going to have problem stalling the board long enough.
I'd say this is the order
Dimir (If you get the right mill cards)
Simic (Decent amount of flyers)
Borros(Allot of double strick, indistructablity, etc) / Orzohv (When it comes down to top decking, if you have like 5 cards with extort, you're basically form of dragoning them and they have a good guild mage)
Gruul (So much removal, only like 2 cards in the color that give/have hexproof)

I picked Gruul, and I'd do it again. 

Look at the removal again. All of it is conditional except a 5 mana white sorcery. otherwise, there's burn, which gruul is playing.
Gruul.

I feel bloodrush will be huge. If you pull that wrecking ogre, it's going to end games like no ones business.
Gruul looks good, and if you can splash white through Boros gates for more removal you'll be set.

Orzhov has tons of removal at common and exort can drain a ton of life.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

boros. some removal and lots of efficient creatures says good things.
I am Blue/Black
First post!  I chose Gruul for the one PR we're going to.  I think the common & uncommon creatures with inexpensive bloodrush are going to do particularly well in sealed.  Cheap common removal via Pit Fight is another plus...
Simic. Why? I.. don't really know
First post!  I chose Gruul for the one PR we're going to.  I think the common & uncommon creatures with inexpensive bloodrush are going to do particularly well in sealed.  Cheap common removal via Pit Fight is another plus...

Well, there's also Massive Raid at common, which serves boros better than Gruul, but should still hit for 3-4 damage, which isn't bad at 3 cmc.  Ground Assault at uncommon provides extremely nice removal as well.  Mugging at 1 cmc is kind meh, but does get rid of pesky guildmages and most flyers in the set.  Homing Lightning is also decent removal in limited(though the second part of the spell will rarely come into play in limited), though no reach hurts it a bit.  Still, 4 damage kills a lot.  Wastland Viper is a neat combat trick at uncommon.  Cinder Elemental is Fireball with legs, and should prove exceedingly useful mid to late game, and it's uncommon to boot.  Arrows of Justice at uncommon is also nice for combat.  So really, Gruul has a good deal of removal available at common/uncommon and should be quite nice.  And this isn't even considering what would happen if you splash.