2 Gridlock
1 Worldfire
2 Dissipate
2 Syncopate
3 Skullcrack
1 Detention Sphere
2 Assemble The Legion
2 Rapid Hybridization

The sideboard is more of a big FU to control. And if they are playing Obedience as well I just side out my Spark Trooper's and bring in something nasty. Any input and thoughts would be appreciated.
Well I guess since there are no responses it's perfect, lol.
Gideon 2 is more unplayable than Tibalt.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

don't think gideon will work out in this deck.

you're better off with resto angel then spark trooper

i would honestly use moorland haunt over slayer's stronghold

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/rCB4r.jpg)
I do like the moorland haunt, guess i'll throw that into my playtesting as well as swapping out spark troopers for resto, spark troopers might be just a win more card for me, I dunno. Not too sold on gideon being bad in this deck just yet, although if i find in testing he's not doing much then i'll goose him. For me, the turn he comes out assuming I have blind obedience in play, against aggro, he rolls up say 3 loyalty to 7.  If they swing in to him that's damage that i'm not taking, but if they let him stay that big, then i untap and swing in, oh you have no blockers??? boros charm take 14.
Gideon isn't bad in your deck just yet, no.

He's bad in all decks. Control laughs at him, aggro ignores him, and midrange goes bigger. He sits and does nothing for a turn, and eats up mana dorks like crazy. If his +1 is ever relevent you've lost because you're spending your time timewalking yourself for your opponent. You're probably going to die or giddy will probably just die. 

He who rides hell, resto angel, aetherize, supreme verdict, and a whole lot of other 4 drops that could be played in this deck on the other hand....

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

I had actually not considered aetherize when I was looking at 4 slots... Gideon has been lackluster about 40 percent of the time...the other 60 percent he's win more. I'd like to find a place for lightning mauler, unsummon, and aetherize to test with further...If i'm pulling the gideon's for aetherize that seems good, now where to put the lightning maulers and unsummons at?

So i've fit the maulers and aetherize, switched to moorland haunt, upped feeling of dread to 3 it's just too good alongside blind obedience. Still not where to fit the unsummons in, so this is how the list looks now.

Lands x26
4 Sacred Foundry R/w
4 Clifftop Retreat R/W
4 Hallowed Fountain W/U
4 Sulfur Falls R/U
4 Glacial Fortress W/U
4 Steam Vents R/U
1 Plains
1 Moorland Haunt

Creatures x14
2 Snapcaster Mage
4 Geist of Saint Traft
2 Thundermaw Hellkite
1 Aurelia, The War Leader
2 Firemane Avenger
3 Lightning Mauler

Spells/other 21
3 Blind Obedience
1 Detention Sphere
3 Azorius Charm
4 Boros Charm
3 Feeling Of Dread
2 Sphinx's Revelation
3 Aurelia's Fury
2 Aetherize

Sideboard:
2 Gridlock
3 Rest In Peace
2 Dissipate
2 Syncopate
2 Detention Sphere
2 Assemble The Legion
2 Rapid Hybridization

I also dropped revelations down to 2. There were too many games with this deck against naya, and esper where having a sphinx's in hand lost me the game if I drew the 2nd.
Is anybody else getting into these colors and giving it a shot???
i think the deck should largely stay unchanged from what it currently looks like.  boros charm feels more like a sideboard card (could definitely be wrong though) since it really is a control hate card, but seems bad against beatdown lists.

aurelia seems better in a naya deck or something, but not so much here.  same probably goes for the firemane guy, but at least it seems better in a deck that puts out more creatures.  as much as it would be cool if it were lightning angel, it isn't.  coupled with the lightning maulers, it seems like too much of a stretch.  all your dudes should be powerhouses on their own, since you probably only get to play 2 guys in a game before the outcome is all but decided.  

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Thanks for the response BF, how does cutting the firemane avenger's to dungeon geists sound?? Not sure what I would pull aurelia out for? I think i'm gonna stick with the maulers in there for the game 1 win mauler into geist of saint traft turn 3 swing.
i love dungeon giest.... but not in a format with restoration angel.  that's all i'll say about it.  still, there are poeple who play it to sucess, so it's up to you.

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

Photobucket

So after playing this deck at SCG atlanta there are a few changes i'll be making.

I got a little too overzealous with maindecking against aggro, then seeing 2 esper control matchups and having 8 Dead cards in my deck (blind obedience, aetherize, feeling of dread.)... I feel that blind obedience is enough of an all star to keep it as a 3 of main and take out aetherize completely and move feeling of dread to the board. I also did not play with dungeon geist, aurelia the warleader, firemane avenger, or lightning mauler. My creature base consisted of restoration angels, geists of saint traft, snapcasters, boros reckoners and thundermaws and that's it.

I'll be main decking counterflux from here on out as a 2 of, cutting down to 2 aurelia's fury, and adding think twice and thought scour. I'll also be cutting down to 1 sphinx's revelation, and chaning out the Moorland Haunt to a slayer's stronghold and fit in 2 cavern of souls. Also, terminus is a must in sideboard now, as my verdicts were walking right into boros charms. Other sideboard notes to mention is that dispel will be a 2 of, along with 1 negate, 3 rest in peace, 3 erase, 3 feeling of dread, 1 counterflux, 1 elixir of immortality, and 1 Jace memory adept.

I'll post the new revised list later
Didn't feel like deck tagging a list that's gonna change a lot but thanks. Still gotta post the new list I will do it tonight possibly
So the new list looks like this as well as sideboarding updates.

I'm debating on going more aggressive and bringing in madcap skills main and volcanic strength in the side... any thoughts on this? Madcap skills on geist just seems too good or maybe i'm being greedy, lol.
I'm also making an American Midrange deck. I used to play this before gatecrash, but I've been playing RDW since then. I'm trying to redo the decklist and try to go a more Aggro route, here's what I came up with

4 Snapcaster's
4 Geist
4 Resto Angel
2 Thundermaw

4 Thought Scour
2 Unsummon
4 Azorius Charm
4 Boros Charm
4 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear

I went with the Moorland Haunts in my mana base.
I want to make room for 1 Blind Obedience and maybe 2 Feeling of Dreads. I'm not sure how Counterspells in the MB will do but I think I want to add some in there.
Show
http://www.mtgfanatic.com/?ForumReferrerID=99147 MTGFanatic, best site to buy cards.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Lands:
4 - Hallowed Fountain
4 - Steam Vents
4 - Sacred Foundry
4 - Glacial Fortress
4 - Sulfur Falls
4 - Clifftop Retreat
1 - Slayers' Stronghold
25 Lands

Creatures:
4 - Geist of Saint Traft
4 - Lyev Skyknight
4 - Snapcaster Mage
4 - Restoration Angel
2 - Thundermaw Hellkite
18 Creatures

Other Spells:
4 - Searing Spear
4 - Pillar of Flame
2 - Boros Charm
2 - Azorius Charm
1 - Feeling of Dread
1 - Unsummon
2 - Mizzium Mortars
1 - Devil’s Play
17 Other Spells

Sideboard:
4 - Izzet Staticaster
2 - Jace, Memory Adept
2 - Counterflux
1 - Negate
2 - Dispel
2 - Boros Charm
2 - Skullcrack
15 Cards in Sideboard

some of the cards are being tested out, since the weird 1-ofs and such.  otherwise, this list has felt pretty strong in early testing.  the name of the game is tempo. 

Photobucket

I went with the Moorland Haunts in my mana base..

I ran haunt this past weekend at SCG: Atl and if your not playing pike you really have no way of getting value out of haunt. I think it either has to be slayer's stronghold or a cavern. Moorland Haunt didn't seem to do the job for me. We don't play enough creatures.

BF...I've found in my playtesting that boros charm is the blowout card this deck likes...also...I run fury to counter the turn 4 verdict if i'm on the play and dropped a t3 geist. Interested in having skynight in here though...although it feels like it just wants to be more feeling of dreads...or i'd also like to see it be a Boros Reckoner. Also, since your getting into tempo, blind obedience honestly is one of the single best tempo cards these colors could ask for, i'd test it out with a 2/2 split with pillar of flame.

the skyknights have been pretty fantastic so far.  they just lock down all creature decks and are another good tempo play with angel.  i'm probably supposed to play reckoner in this deck, but not sure what over. i'm pretty loaded on 3 drops.

i'd run more boros charms if i wanted more verdict blowout, but i don't think enough people will be playing control anymore, at least online.

slayer's stronghold is very, very good.  just need the one.  i've done good things with it so far.

i might try the obedience, but it feels slow to me.  also, i like having a lot of burn in this deck, it does well with the snaps.

anyways, this deck has been just too fun and too good for me.  when i get some more time, i'm going to start playing in some daily events and whatnot, see if i can get this deck showing up on the mothership to get it some more press. 

Photobucket

the skyknights have been pretty fantastic so far.  they just lock down all creature decks and are another good tempo play with angel.  i'm probably supposed to play reckoner in this deck, but not sure what over. i'm pretty loaded on 3 drops.

i'd run more boros charms if i wanted more verdict blowout, but i don't think enough people will be playing control anymore, at least online.

slayer's stronghold is very, very good.  just need the one.  i've done good things with it so far.

i might try the obedience, but it feels slow to me.  also, i like having a lot of burn in this deck, it does well with the snaps.

anyways, this deck has been just too fun and too good for me.  when i get some more time, i'm going to start playing in some daily events and whatnot, see if i can get this deck showing up on the mothership to get it some more press. 

Thanks for the response and input. I just don't see reckoner having a home in this deck, in these colors...i'm gonna stick to the 4 creature base...(geist/resto/thundermaw/snaps).... I have fairly easy matchups against any creature deck with blind obedience and feeling of dread. I've switched up the main and went to 2 counterflux, 2 disspiate, 1 negate and 2 assemble the legion (for testing). I've gone down to 3 feeling of dread, no azorius charm, 1 fury, 1 revelation, 1 mortars, 3 think twice, no unsummons... I'm going the opposite direction of burn I feel because my rough matchups in my meta are all against control.... Esper control(superfriends) and Junk Control... walking over everything else. Jund aggro/naya aggro, humaninator, r/x aggro...
I run Boros Reckoner in place of Geist of Saint Traft. I dont really like Geist right now. The creatures being played in aggro decks right now are bigger than geist.  Boros Reckoner, Hellrider, Flinthoof Boar, Loxodon Smiter, Ghor Clan Rampager, even thundermaw hellkites as 1s and 2s of.  This means not only can the aggro decks outrace the geist, but they dont trade with geist either, making him a terrible blocker. Those people who still play control decks are fully prepared for this creature heavy format, and players should expect to see many rolling temblors, bonfire of the damned, terminus, and supreme verdicts. 

With Reckoner, he is big enough to block small aggro dorks, as well as trade with bigger creatures thanks to his ability. First strike is also a huge benefit in a deck like this as it means he will hold off 3  toughness creatures all day long. (hellrider and thragtusk come to mind)  He is too big to die to rolling temblor or early game bonfire of the damneds, meaning you can play those yourself without worry. In fact, he encourages temblor as the extra damage will go to the opponent.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot
Do you have a list simple??? I guess my problem was running reckoner alongside geist.... I see what your saying though, i'd be willing to take a look at some options with not having the geist there.