[GTC-ICD] Rust Scarab

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rust Scarab

Rust Scarab
Creature - Insect (Uncommon)
Whenever Rust Scarab becomes blocked, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment defending player controls.
4/5
"Behold nature's answer to the problem of society." - Nikya of the Old Ways

Somehow there are no small bugs in Ravnica.

Somehow there are no small bugs in Ravnica.

"Simic"

Probably not made on purpose, ever read the flavor text of Simic Initiate? 
That's one huge bug.
This is pretty cool.
That looks cool. Especially with Fangren Marauder or Liquimetal Coating.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Considering how many playable enchantments and equipment there are, this will be unblockable a descent amount of time.
Very nice card. 
Considering how many playable enchantments and equipment there are, this will be unblockable a descent amount of time.
Very nice card. 

Nah, you just make sure you kill it on block, or block with whatever is enchanted/equipped.
Seems quite strong.
bigger than +3/+3

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
Not overly costed as a creature period....and a way to deal with enchantments and nasty keyrunes that you won't have enough naturalize(s) for.

I'll play it 
The fact it triggers on being blocked puts your opponent in  a loose loose situation.  Also if the blocking creature is equpped or enchanted you can desdestroy the buffer before damage is assigned. 
Very nice card. 

This.

I like the art.  

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Definitely a nice pick, especially for Gruul if your opponents are playing enchantments.    
Admittedly it stops being unblockable on the last swing, since most opponents would rather lose their best artifact or enchantment than the game. Still, if you've been swinging that much, the damage is probably already done. Very good Limited card, though highly unlikely to make the Constructed jump.
Rules Nut Advisor
"I'm going to squash you like a bug" - Ravnican saying, meaning:
"I'm going to squash you like a bug would." 
A cool way to trick your opponent into not blocking your Bloodrush target.