[GTC-ICD] Ember Beast

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ember Beast

Ember Beast
Creature - Beast (Common)
Ember Beast can't attack or block alone.
3/4
The only livestock that will survive for long in the Smelting District, ember beasts serve many functions - none of them willingly.

Another random old reprint! ô.o
I really like it, you just need to maintain some tokens.
I play for fun
It's a pretty fitting reprint with Battalion around.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I like that with the art this time they bothered to show you why it can't attack or block alone.  Now I get it.  For some reason that makes me happy inside.
I wonder if the ember beast unwillingly serves as many functions as a rakdos keyrune.

Or like, if they serve any similar functions.
Should've been a 4/4
Neat, great with Battalion.
So... Mogg Flunkies got worse?

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

GILBIC because Mogg Flunkies
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I wonder if the ember beast unwillingly serves as many functions as a rakdos keyrune.

Function: A Ravnican word meaning 'to attack for three'

Good if your aggressive with alot of dudes otherwise rubbish.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

GILBIC because Mogg Flunkies

Hey now, I run 4 flunkies in my hyper-aggresive and dirt-cheap RDW deck and they have proven surprising resilient.  To the point where they often are the first to eat up removal (Hilarious, really, when you know that they are the last thing you want to remove when there are two creatures on the board, but I don't argue).  Has either won me or placed me in the upper 2 at the local FNM, even against a fully loaded Thragtusk build. 

It's not good, but it's not *that* bad.

This however is pretty bad.  I agree with whoever said it should have been a 4/4.  At that it would have been a nice common to include.  At the current, it's mostly filler for limited, and for constructed its worthless.  A Flunkies for 1 more should really just be a straight 3/4, and I don't really see much the point for reprinting it other than some weird forced "interaction" with Battallion, where its only interaction with the ability is the fact that it literally does nothing if you don't attack with other creatures.

Jackal Familiar would have been a better reprint in the common slot.

Function: A Ravnican word meaning 'to attack for three'

No, no, "battalion" is the trial form of the Ravnican word for "attack".
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments