[GTC-ICD] Burst of Strength

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burst of Strength
Instant (C)
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature and untap it.
"Our fight is not about territory or revenge. It is about freedom, plain and simple." - Ruric Thar, Ghor-Clan chieftain

Burst of Strength

Discuss

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
all the good cards in this set are either green or white...
This works, Especially with the Simic Promo (Fathom Mage?) Or a tapbility creature.
Or just a nice blocker. 
Bye bye Battlegrowth
Pretty good.
This is good. I just hope there's enough trample to make it relevant.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
all the good cards in this set are either green or white...

Not even close to true.

Much more playable than Savage Surge, and Pauper legal!  Perfect trick for Gruul and Simic, i like this card.   
A combat trick that can act as removal, plus perm pump...I'm in.

"We wlll kill them all."

would this work with an axbane guardian for super mana ramp or am i missing something?
would this work with an axbane guardian for super mana ramp or am i missing something?

You could tap the Axebane Guardian, use one mana for Burst of Strength, then untap the Axebane Guardian to use it a second time. If you're generating more than one mana with the Guardian, then yes, you can ramp really quickly with it. It comes at the cost of giving your mana-creating Defender a +1/+1 counter, though. So not the most optimal of uses, though if you pull out something really big with it, then possibly all for the best. 
This is also the kind of card i would gladly collect 2 playsets of.
I play for fun

You could tap the Axebane Guardian, use one mana for Burst of Strength, then untap the Axebane Guardian to use it a second time. If you're generating more than one mana with the Guardian, then yes, you can ramp really quickly with it. It comes at the cost of giving your mana-creating Defender a +1/+1 counter, though. So not the most optimal of uses, though if you pull out something really big with it, then possibly all for the best. 

Yeah, but it would be a "free" (meaning it taps for more than one mana, and costs one mana to untap with this, so you can abuse it that way, like Peregrine Drake and friends). But Gyre Sage is better.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
This is good. I just hope there's enough trample to make it relevant.

You don't need trample. It gives you a suprise blocker.
oh you use your pyreheart wolf to block and get it procs undying you say? nope.