[GTC-ICD] Madcap Skills

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Madcap Skills

Madcap Skills

Enchantment - Aura (Common)
Enchant creature
Enchanted chreature gets +3/+0 and can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.
The larger the crowd, the harder it is for them to run away.

This guy likes to party!
I love this.

Edit: even more now after reading the flavour text and realizing the art depict a rakdos, not a gruul.
I play for fun
I'm just going to erease the "cap" in the name before I play this.
Mad skills y'all
Is that Domri in the art?
Really nice.
Is that Domri in the art?

As noted above, the flavor points to Rakdos.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
This card is incredibly swingy in Limited. Put it in a flier and you win in a few turns.
Mad skills y'all

I first thought it was Domri, so it's more like mad skillz dawg, said in a particularly annoying teenage boy voice.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
He's juggling human femurs that are on fire.

Fire Femurs. 
Combo with the aura that gives hexproof and "only blockable by one creature".
He's juggling human femurs that are on fire.

Fire Femurs. 

Oh my gosh, you're right!

Love it. 
Best name in the set.
The guy is using the black and red chess pattern and spikes, so, definitely some rakdos dude.

I also thought of Domri at first glance. 
I play for fun
Combo with the aura that gives hexproof and "only blockable by one creature".

Bit of work to go through to get an unblockable hexproofer, but at the same time in limited would be delicious with bloodrush and applying huge swings of damage.

It's a damned shame that you need mad skillz to actually make this card useful outside of Limited.
Bit of a waste of an awesome card name.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Hilarious name bad card.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I'm just going to erease the "cap" in the name before I play this.

This.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Seems maindeckable (limited).
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Yeah, Madcap Skills plus Alpha Authority on any creature is a short clock. And a very doable combo for gruul players in limited. Will be especially good in draft.
Is anyone else going to say "This guy has skills" upon resolution? 
Yeah, Madcap Skills plus Alpha Authority on any creature is a short clock. And a very doable combo for gruul players in limited. Will be especially good in draft.

Alpha Authority doesn't seem that good. And trying to assemble that is just wasting time. Seriously, this card is insane and can easily win you about 10 damage.
this guy looks like he has plastic abs...

Full art from the latest developments article.
Too bad Red doesn't connect with Black or Blue this set, otherwise this would be a prime choice for a cipher enabler.  Still not bad to push through some extra damage in Boros/Gruul.  Nothing to write home about, but it's nicely costed.

edit:  Check out the dude on his cell phone back there.  "You gotta come check out this street performance -- a fire juggler.  He's got mad skillz!"
This card will be dope in limited. And both boros+orzhov and gruul+simic can run this with plenty of one-drops to cast this on.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

edit:  Check out the dude on his cell phone back there.  "You gotta come check out this street performance -- a fire juggler.  He's got mad skillz!"

Oh my god, that's awesome.  Total cell phone!

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

This card will be dope in limited. And both boros+orzhov and gruul+simic can run this with plenty of one-drops to cast this on.

Just got back from the Pre-release. 

It isn't dope in limited.  It is the dopest-dope spell to ever dope the dopeland.

Seriously, it is ridiculous.  Won me several games damn near by itself.  It becomes an incredibly difficult creature to block. 

That said, place it on something small, and not your big beater.  The reason being that if they do end up double block, you get a huge amount of damage through.  If they don't, you get a huge amount of damage through.

Also creates really nasty situations when you do it like this.  Which threat is more of a problem for your opponent?  It's a really nasty card.
I love this card. I really do. Though I have to say the plastic abs is weird.

lolcellphones. Now I'm wondering what other modern tech Ravnica has. Mirrodin has Wikipedia.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Yeah in a world in which Magic Exists mobile phones would be like the easiest things ever.
This card is a pain to deal with in limited. In boros on any of their cheap fliers its basically "Enchanted creature kills you in 3 turns unless you draw removal"
Especially when the Boros player can often clear the path with Act of Treason or Mark for Death or Mugging, or as a result of Court Street Denizen shenanigans.  Many times my opponent THOUGHT he had two blockers at the ready...
This card is stupid good with the green one-drop that can only be blocked by creatures with flying or reach. I bloodrushed that creature, enchanted with one of these, in three different games, always for the inevitable win, t4 win was cool, too. +4/+4 and trample on turn three, WITH +3/+2 is insane, and using that Cipher card to Raise Dead my bloodrushers was stupid good.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Put one of these on an armored transport yesterday, it was basically good game at that point.

One of the most powerful commons for boros, and possibly gruul as well.
Yeah in a world in which Magic Exists mobile phones would be like the easiest things ever.

I assumed it was like guns.
139359831 wrote:

Alpha Authority doesn't seem that good. And trying to assemble that is just wasting time. Seriously, this card is insane and can easily win you about 10 damage.

Says the man who has never heard of smite or mugging apparently. VERY worth putting together, as you can then safely bloodrush the creature, as its literally impossible to block. 

But you really do have to be gruul to do it.  On a side note....alpha is a very nice card on its own.  Not powerful like skills....but it saves your creatuers from burn and spot removal, so that again....you can safely bloodrush.   
insane with spire tracer and if you add alpha authority...
I play for fun
insane with spire tracer and if you add alpha authority...

Spire Tracer (and her mother Silhana Ledgewalker) work better with Bower Passage*, TBH.

*Is hate supposed to make you want to play the thing you hate? This does.
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments