Legends & Lore on the 22nd

I just wanted to give everybody a heads up that this week's Legends & Lore will be going live tomorrow, the 22nd. We're shifting it so it can accompany a bit of news tomorrow. Thanks much for your patience all!

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

I wonder what the news will be...

The next two playtest races are Kinder and Gully Dwarf? Money Mouth
Thanks for letting everyone know.
"What's stupid is when people decide that X is true - even when it is demonstrable untrue or 100% against what we've said - and run around complaining about that. That's just a breakdown of basic human reasoning." -Mike Mearls

They ran out of booze, sobered up, and realized how awful the concept art was?
Color me flattered.

LIFE CYCLE OF A RULES THREAD

Show
Thank_Dog wrote:

2Chlorobutanal wrote:
I think that if you have to argue to convince others about the clarity of something, it's probably not as objectively clear as you think.

No, what it means is that some people just like to be obtuse.

Hopefully the news is a new packet.
I believe in a new class or two, and maybe new races (half-elves?).

one can only hope.

one can only hope.

The good news is they are reconsidering DDN, and instead are going to keep full support to 4E along with all previous editions.  =)

Is that some sort of flammable halfling?
Damn! I thought that meant new packet today. Well, at least I can hope for one tomorrow...

one can only hope.

The good news is they are reconsidering DDN, and instead are going to keep full support to 4E along with all previous editions.  =)

While they're at it, they're abandoning their subscription model, admitting it was a bad idea and offering DDI as an ebook distribution platform with some optional tools you can buy for one-off payments.

Alright all, stop using this as a venue to slam whatever aspect of Next or D&D you don't like. That's definitely not what this space is meant for.

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

Thanks for the heads up.
Glad I don't have to travel to one of layers of Hell to save Mearls from You Know Who. I am down to 5 devilslayer arrows and would not want to use them rescue game designers and developers.

Orzel, Halfelven son of Zel, Mystic Ranger, Bane to Dragons, Death to Undeath, Killer of Abyssals, King of the Wilds. Constitution Based Class for Next!

Is that some sort of flammable halfling?

Yes it is. I have always held the opinion that of all the variables on the core races, a flaming halfling is what was missing. Now, if we could somehow get a flaming Halfling machinegun race/class combo ...
I just wanted to give everybody a heads up that this week's Legends & Lore will be going live tomorrow, the 22nd. We're shifting it so it can accompany a bit of news tomorrow. Thanks much for your patience all!

Do you anticipate it late in the day like some other news announcements have been, or early in the wee hours of the morning like some L&L are sometimes? Either is fine, it would just be nice to have a guesstimate, even if it's likely incorrect.
Do you have an opinion on what campaign settings should be printed in D&D Next? If so, please cast your votes in this poll! Poll: What campaign settings do you want to see printed in D&D Next?
Alright all, stop using this as a venue to slam whatever aspect of Next or D&D you don't like. That's definitely not what this space is meant for.

It must be frustrating for y'all. I got off of posting for a month because of the negative, non-constructive comments that flood these posts. And I'm just play testing! For you to be working to design something to benefit the gaming community and hearing mostly tha bad must be tough.
Overall, I think y'alls heart is in the right place and wish there was more I could do to HELP in the process.

Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throw, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells, or vorpal sword-related decapitations.

Hopefully the news is a new packet.

Yeah, that'd be nice.

It must be frustrating for y'all. I got off of posting for a month because of the negative, non-constructive comments that flood these posts. And I'm just play testing! For you to be working to design something to benefit the gaming community and hearing mostly tha bad must be tough.
Overall, I think y'alls heart is in the right place and wish there was more I could do to HELP in the process.

You as well? Sheesh.
I'm betting Kobolds will be introduced as the race to make humans jealous.
Please be about updated sorcerer and warlock... please be about updated sorcerer and warlock...
I’ve removed content from this thread because baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

I was thinking about it... and perhaps there will be announcement of releasing PDFs via RPGNow!? Cool
They already said that a new class would be coming out along with the winter festival thing. So I'll put money down on another class to try out.
They already said that a new class would be coming out along with the winter festival thing. So I'll put money down on another class to try out.

I've heard others say similar things but I haven't found that post. Where was it? I'd like to read it if I could.

If it is a class, I would be excited for pretty much any class they could release. Even just one. 
Do you have an opinion on what campaign settings should be printed in D&D Next? If so, please cast your votes in this poll! Poll: What campaign settings do you want to see printed in D&D Next?

I've heard others say similar things but I haven't found that post. Where was it? I'd like to read it if I could.

If it is a class, I would be excited for pretty much any class they could release. Even just one. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViU5xr0dBMQ
Probably going to be about the pdfs. I'm hoping we can get some of the early digital Dragon Magazines back!

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I don't have to travel to one of layers of Hell to save Mearls from You Know Who. I am down to 5 devilslayer arrows and would not want to use them rescue game designers and developers.

I always keep a cattle ranch full of commoners fully stocked near my teleportation portal, in case I ever have to fight a Deity.   

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViU5xr0dBMQ

Thank you very much for that. I had no idea those existed. It was well worth the watch.