[GTC-ICD] Corpse Blockade

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Corpse Blockade

Corpse Blockade
Creature - Zombie (Common)
Defender
Sacrifice another creature: Corpse Blockade gains deathtouch until end of turn.
1/4
There are laws against it, but the dead have no one to complain to and the living are too frightened to investigate.

You shall not pass.
It's a corpse riot!

The concept really cracks me up. XD Protesting zombies hee.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Its okay i guess, though i dont get the flavor for the Deathtouch on this one.
A free outlet to sacrifice creatures isn't that common, i believe, so this is a nice start right there...remember this card if a combo deck requires free sacrifice.

other than that, can trade with anything first strike up to 3 power, which should be powerful
=O

3 creature sac outlet that works with heartless summoning to make it 1B mana!?! 

Heartless Lich loves it with all it's... umm, heart. 
I don't know why so many cards have you sacrifice creatures. Nothing in gatecrash synergizes with them. I think they're either plants, or left over from a mechanic they didn't keep but they kept the cards anyway because they liked them. Now we're stuck with them.
I don't know why so many cards have you sacrifice creatures. Nothing in gatecrash synergizes with them. I think they're either plants, or left over from a mechanic they didn't keep but they kept the cards anyway because they liked them. Now we're stuck with them.

They are from a leftover Orzhov mechanic.  It original guild mechanic was a death trigger, but that got replaced by Extort.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Maro covered this in his article today, the original Orzhov mechanic involved death triggers so the sac outlets are left over from then.
Morbid enabler... oh wait, wrong set.

Would rather have a giant scorpion

Maro covered this in his article today, the original Orzhov mechanic involved death triggers so the sac outlets are left over from then.

I don't see why they decided that we'd want leftovers from a mechanic that no longer exists. I was looking at the cards from a sealed orshov point of iew, and none of them are desirable.
This card is so awesome lol.
Sac Gravecrawler to it to prevent them from swinging, and recast Gravecrawler the next turn with Extort enablers being out... maybe that enchantment.  Very nice.
standard will find this useful as will combo/control
Another in-tribe Sac outlet for the Rooftop Storm deck.
#OccupyRavnica
More love for Terry Pratchett.

This is totally Reg Shoe and his "Fresh Start Club".
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
A 1/4 wall for three is bad.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments