[GTC-ICD] Way of the Thief

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Way of the Thief

Way of the Thief
Enchantment - Aura (Common)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
Enchanted creature is unblockable as long as you control a Gate.
A true shortcut isn't a way other people don't know; it's a way other people can't go.

This will still not make me play gates, sorry. I like the name though.
Why the heck "dimir enablers" are just expensive as the spells, and even then its a situational enabler...
I play for fun
Dimir needed a way to make their cypher creatures unblockable and ether bigger or have protection. Not bad, probably will see play. Not too sure about contstructed though..

How to autocard: [spoiler] [c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Dimir needed a way to make their cypher creatures unblockable and ether bigger or have protection. Not bad, probably will see play. Not too sure about contstructed though..

constructed? would anyone consider gates constructed worthy?
I play for fun
Probably miles better in Simic, Azorius and Izzet than in Dimir.

Enabler for Dimir.
Finisher for Simic. 

constructed? would anyone consider gates constructed worthy?

gates are seeing constructed play.
This is playable in Limited methinks.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Tricks of the Trade was pretty powerful in M13, a set with lots of removal. That said, I don't know how much the extra +2 toughness is worth...
Eh its okay.
... gates. 

Can't it just gain islandwalk or something? No one is gonna use gates in constructed if they have shocklands...
... gates. 

Can't it just gain islandwalk or something? No one is gonna use gates in constructed if they have shocklands...

Not everyone has shocks or can afford them, and the gates allow them access to even more duals.
They're entirely playable. 
... gates. 

Not everyone has shocks or can afford them, and the gates allow them access to even more duals.
They're entirely playable. 

This. This very much. Allied color dual lands are easy enough to find better altenrative to, but enemy colored dual lands... last years enemy duals from Innistrad are going at about ten dollars when you can find them. Unless they's a reprint, they'll only get more expensive.

As for the set, there's a lot of cards I like and will probally use that were revealed today. Even some of the cards I won't use I like out of principle, like Guardian of the Gateless and Clinging Anemones. The Denizen cycle are looks nice.
Not liking this one.
So this thief's idea of a sneaky shortcut that no one else is able to take is... through a gate?
Probably miles better in Simic, Azorius and Izzet than in Dimir.

Enabler for Dimir.
Finisher for Simic. 

In RUG, it can be a good bloodrush enabler.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Good card
an enchant creature that works with gates recalls (Invisibility)

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock
Awful card don't play this.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Just because some people can't afford shocklands and Innistrad duals, and use Gates instead, that doesn't qualify the statement "Gates see Standard play".  I could take Archangel's Light to FNM and then come back and say "Archangel's Light sees Standard play!"

When people talk about what sees Standard play, they mean *successful* Standard play, not "what some people can afford to play".  If there's some Top 8 decks out there that use Gates over shocklands, then let me know and I'll admit I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that anything
Gate-related has not and will not see Standard play. 

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

When people talk about what sees Standard play, they mean *successful* Standard play, not "what some people can afford to play".  If there's some Top 8 decks out there that use Gates over shocklands, then let me know and I'll admit I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that anything Gate-related has not and will not see Standard play. 

Look kids!  It's the No True Scotsman fallacy!

And yeah, this card sucks.  Totally incompatabile with all the hexproof/indestructible creatures that are really good right now.
When people talk about what sees Standard play, they mean *successful* Standard play, not "what some people can afford to play".  If there's some Top 8 decks out there that use Gates over shocklands, then let me know and I'll admit I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that anything Gate-related has not and will not see Standard play. 

And yeah, this card sucks.  Totally incompatabile with all the hexproof/indestructible creatures that are really good right now.

Bloodrush! Cipher! Seriously, unblockable has a lot of uses in the current format.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Yes, you're right of course - the term 'Standard play' actually has no meaning beyond encompassing every card in the set.  Thanks for helping!

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

I've got the feeling that DGM is going to push Gates in a big* way.  Since it's a maze there's going to be all sorts of new, weird gates.  Probably some kind of puzzle mechanic or something.

*more than the other sets at least, maybe not BIG big 
Tricks of the Trade was pretty powerful in M13, a set with lots of removal. That said, I don't know how much the extra +2 toughness is worth...

Not much when the creature can't be blocked. Except in this case, unblockable is optional.