[GTC-ICD] Knight Watch

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Knight Watch

Knight Watch
Sorcery (Common)
Put two 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield.
"We lost respect after the battle for Barbu Rooftop. Send the troops to mingle respectfully with the citizens." - Commander Yaszen of Boros

That will show them!
well, I like it, but I would have prefered it uncommon and costing 4, but maybe that would be too good...
I play for fun
well, I like it, but I would have prefered it uncommon and costing 4, but maybe that would be too good...

I doubt it. Wouldn't be any more powerful than Moan of the Unhallowed or Talrand's Invocation was at 4cmc. Maybe it would be with Battalion, but I still sort of doubt it.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
pass

That said, "army in a can" spells are always nice.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

I doubt it. Wouldn't be any more powerful than Moan of the Unhallowed or Talrand's Invocation was at 4cmc. Maybe it would be with Battalion, but I still sort of doubt it.

Oh, forgot about those. Thats a solid indicaton that wotc is purposefully slowing down the whole game.
I play for fun
I prefer to believe the flavour text is not a euphemism.
Nice pun in the cardname. XD

I really like the irony between the art and the flavor text. I originally thought of Yaszen as pretty repentant when I read the flavor, then I saw the card art.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Wow.

Wizards should hire me to do the jank cards.

I can do 50 per day:

Blatherstorm Caller 3W
Creature - Bird
It's a bird. What did you expect?
2/2 

Beastbeast Crusher 3RG
Creature - Beast
"Rooooooar" - Beastbeast
"HALP!" - Villagers
4/4 

Dontbother 4W
Sorcery
Put two 1/1 white spirit tokens with flying into play 

Or perhaps they have a computer making them.
Taking one existing functional or barely functional card idea, adding 1 to the manacost if it's barely functional and 2 if it's actually functional in it's current form.
Pretty okay card.
Would've liked instant speed.
Blatherstorm Caller 3W
Creature - Bird
It's a bird. What did you expect?
2/2 

Flying?

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Quick! What does the card's name, and the card's ability, and the flavor text have in common? Do they care about Knights? Next, what do Knights look like? Do they look like this?

If they do, and Knights as commonly if not by now universally treated, always get shown mounted on some sort of animal -- to the point that during the Grand Creature Type Update, creatures on mounts were arbitrarily MADE into Knights -- then why, oh why, does the art show two guys, presumably the summoned dudes, not on mounts?

Finally ... the flavor suggests the knights were summoned to mingle ... so instead we get art that depicts a brawl. A fistfight, no less. Barely any armor a knight might make use of. Almost as if the art were commissioned to produce Soldiers, maybe even at instant speed. And the last time I checked, a "Knight" Watch only really "mingle" with the "common folk" when Nobby Nobbs is involved ...

... and who is that in the upper left corner of that art?
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
He doesn't mean mingle respectably... he means "mingle respectably".  As in, force them to respect Boros.  ;)

And that's a Boros goblin that is laughing it up, because he enjoys violence. 

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

Okay, can I go and punish the punk who came up with that name?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
He doesn't mean mingle respectably... he means "mingle respectably".  As in, force them to respect Boros.  ;)

That was a Pratchett reference....

"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

That was a Pratchett reference....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Watch_%28Dis...

Shame on anyone here who doesnt know who Terry Pratchett is!
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Would have liked human knights.  Standard is full of marginally playable equipment that are better with humans.
I prefer Knightly Valor I guess it's playable though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Works well with the white denizen that taps a dude when another white creature ETBs.

"We wlll kill them all."