[GTC-ICD] Urbis Protector

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Urbis Protector

Urbis Protector
Creature - Human Cleric (Uncommon)
When Urbis Protector enters the battleflied, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
1/1
"I hear that Boros is losing its angels to the Gateless Movement. I'm sure this comes as no suprise to you." - Teysa, to Lazav

Interesting flavor text.
Its cool.

Maybe one of in a selesnya themed deck
I play for fun
The flavor text. o.0

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Really needs to be played w/Deadeye Navigator in a budget blink deck.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

This is a nice card with interesting flavor.
Could be good.
The flavor text has me hooked, and the art is pretty sweet. All in all, it seems like a cool card.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
I'd take that over Bottle of Suleiman for a populate deck

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
That flavor text is pretty damned "wat".

It's pretty nice to FINALLY get an explanation to all those ruddy guildless angels, and it's amusing to know that Teysa is among the mercifully few on the plane that can track down Lazav. 
It's a very good card for draft as is, but it will be really sweet once we draft RTR/GTC/DMZ together and can populate the token

It's pretty nice to FINALLY get an explanation to all those ruddy guildless angels, and it's amusing to know that Teysa is among the mercifully few on the plane that can track down Lazav. 

That could be just Teysa's speculation.  About Teysa tracking down Lazav, that is a solid theory but not the only one.
1. She isn't speaking to Lasav even if she think she is
2. They are communicating via some way that does not require them to know where the other is, such as dead drops, or the magical equivalent of untraceable  burner phones.

So how angry are people going to be if Teysa doesn't get a card next set?

so that's what gatecrash means... the fall of the guild structure. huh.
Seems really good in Trostani EDH; reliable angel generator that also comes with another body to benefit from anthems.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)

That could be just Teysa's speculation.  About Teysa tracking down Lazav, that is a solid theory but not the only one.
2. They are communicating via some way that does not require them to know where the other is, such as dead drops, or the magical equivalent of untraceable  burner phones.

Every Orzhov player ever.
And me.
At the very least. 

And me.
At the very least. 

Why does Teysa need a new card? The old one was sweet, and she's not the guild leader.

Teysa has a lot of connections over Ravnica's underworld, including Dimir.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

And me.
At the very least. 

Why does Teysa need a new card? The old one was sweet, and she's not the guild leader.

People like seeing favorite characters return.  Lots of people think that there will be a cycle of guild champions in DGM and since Teysa is a popular character and card we want her to show up again instead of some other b/w legend.  

"Need" used litterally might be too strong of a world, maybe should show up or "If the gods haven't completely foresaken us" will be more accurate.
Solid limited finisher combos well with some of the blink effects in this set.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

populate needs a new pair of shoes

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
The first thing that ran through my mind when I saw this, for some reason, was "Oh hey, it's Voice of the Provinces flipped around."

WHO BESIDES ME WOULD EVEN THINK THIS.

Anyway, looks like a good blink target, as has been stated before. Selesnya has the ramp to play this guy fairly earlier than T6.     

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

Maybe it just HAPPENED TO BE Lazav :3
This was suprisingly good for me at the prerelease. Solid in limited, when you can actually afford it.
Agreed, great late game finisher in limited.  This worked well as a 6 drop in my Orzhov splash red deck during the pre-release.