[GTC-ICD] Mark for Death

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

Mark for Death

Sorcery  (U)

Target creature an opponent controls blocks
this turn if able.  Untap that creature.  Other
creatures that player controls can't block this turn.

Everyone roots for the little guy, but nobody bets on him. 

------

Nasty piece of work here, though it won't allow you to take out Avacyn's Pilgrim or any of the REALLY irritating tappables since they'll just re-tap.  Does make for a free swing at the face though.

Best flavor text in the set.
Best flavor text in the set.

Agreed.

I was just going to say the exact same thing.

Best in standard, by miles. 
this card seems quite good to me.
explain why its so great to me?

It forces a block in your favor basically....which does you little to no good unless you have the better board position anyway.  

I see this as nothing more than an tap-down to force through a lethal swing (which IS good) but its just not going to be useable most of the time, and the rest of the time, you probably won't need it.   

It forces a block in your favor basically....which does you little to no good unless you have the better board position anyway.  

I see this as nothing more than an tap-down to force through a lethal swing (which IS good) but its just not going to be useable most of the time, and the rest of the time, you probably won't need it.   

Four mana to make all but one of your creatures unblockable isn't too shabby, or if you target something they have that can't blocked (Unleashed, Pacified, or has some other condition) then it makes your entire swing unblockable.

If your Control opponent has stabilized and you can't get through, this gets you through.

If your opponent as finally gotten their big fatty out on the board and you just need to get a little bit of damage through, this can do it.

If they have something that you NEED to get rid of before it swings the game, you can force it to block into your Deathtouch guy.

There are a lot of things that could be done with this card in the right situation, but you're generally going to want to be running a deck with a lot of creatures, or a lot of creatures your opponent doesn't want to deal with, in order to take full advantage.  What a coincedence that it's in red.
I agree. This is really good flavor text.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13

Four mana to make all but one of your creatures unblockable isn't too shabby, or if you target something they have that can't blocked (Unleashed, Pacified, or has some other condition) then it makes your entire swing unblockable.

If your Control opponent has stabilized and you can't get through, this gets you through.

If your opponent as finally gotten their big fatty out on the board and you just need to get a little bit of damage through, this can do it.

If they have something that you NEED to get rid of before it swings the game, you can force it to block into your Deathtouch guy.

There are a lot of things that could be done with this card in the right situation, but you're generally going to want to be running a deck with a lot of creatures, or a lot of creatures your opponent doesn't want to deal with, in order to take full advantage.  What a coincedence that it's in red.

I'd rather just steal their creature and actually ATTACK with it for 3 mana rather than dick around with "duels".  If you wanna talk about situational stuff....i'll take the XWR blast that does everything together for probably less than this card costs (granted its rare)

But I still can't see playing this.  If you're a creature heavy deck with red....you're probably boros or gruul and can either trample with bloodrush, or grant first strike/double strike with battalion....no need for this card. 
This is pretty interesting, and the flavortext is great.
This card is just really cool.  Flavor text is epic!
The Baltimore Ravens of the set.
Underestimate it at your peril. 

"We wlll kill them all."

I tap an additional creature this round

oh wait
I can only hit my opponet's creatures with this
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

"The Egg" from the musical 1776

Gruul (and any other red strategies) will like this.

I find it all very, ahem, thought-provoking.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments