[GTC-ICD] Smite

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smite

Smite
Instant (Common)
Destroy target blocked creature.
"Sure, today of all days, he asked to borrow my boots!" - Darijo, Ivy Street ruffian

Cheap removal is always welcome. This is a reprint.
Great.

New players will LOVE to discuss this card.

Specifically:
When is a creature blocked, and is it still considered blocked after combat, and if not -- when is it no longer blocked? 
Until the end of the combat step.

Is it still blocked, after damage assignment? I am pretty experienced, but not sure about this particular part. I remember all the Phases, not the Steps.

Great card btw. 
Shocker white gets some of the better common/uncommon removal for limited.... :/
i like this art.

Is it still blocked, after damage assignment? I am pretty experienced, but not sure about this particular part. I remember all the Phases, not the Steps.

Great card btw. 

6/15/2010 A "blocked creature" is an attacking creature that has been blocked by a creature this combat, or has become blocked as the result of a spell or ability this combat. Unless the attacking creature leaves combat, it continues to be a blocked creature through the end of combat step, even if the creature or creatures that blocked it are no longer on the battlefield or have otherwise left combat by then.

IE: Imo, you can do it before/after damage is/was dealt, as long as a blocker{s} was/were declared.
Another welcome reprint. I'm not sure about this in constructed meta, but it's definitely solid for limited.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
It's a good reprint for Limited.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Very nice reprint, always love having this in limited
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Nice reprint with great flavor text.
Heck, this whole set is filled with great flavor text.
Meh.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Gah. This is disappointing. Boros doesn't want to play this. I was sure we were going to see a Path to Exile reprint this set. Or a least Oust or Condemn or something. Why does removal have to be so bad right now?
I've never liked this card.
Shocker white gets some of the better common/uncommon removal for limited.... :/

You must be new here. White in general gets "whatever the hell I want, dammit", in white's words. White creature removal has so many ways of being done that you might as well just not have any rules whatsoever. Looks like green's going that way too.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

You must be new here. White in general gets "whatever the hell I want, dammit", in white's words. White creature removal has so many ways of being done that you might as well just not have any rules whatsoever. Looks like green's going that way too.

Plummet has always been in Green's color pie.  Beast Within was admitted flavor bleed, though, and certainly doesn't set the bar in green.  And Fight, while definitely good removal, requires you to have a board presence with creatures strong enough to kill what you want dead.  I have to say though, that green definitely isn't going that way.  At the very least, it's still all limited to creatures.  White isn't.  And blue never has been.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I am gonna run as many of these as I can as Orzhov this weekend. Nice cheap spell to Extort.
Quite good against Bloodrush.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
I love it, especially if you can cast it after blockers are declared but before combat damage is dealt.
Plummet has always been in Green's color pie.  Beast Within was admitted flavor bleed, though, and certainly doesn't set the bar in green.  And Fight, while definitely good removal, requires you to have a board presence with creatures strong enough to kill what you want dead.  I have to say though, that green definitely isn't going that way.  At the very least, it's still all limited to creatures.  White isn't.  And blue never has been.

I still say "You get fewer rules, you get a problem." But MaRo and his precious balance (That was around the time green stopped getting flying. Seriously. Not buying it.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I love it, especially if you can cast it after blockers are declared but before combat damage is dealt.

I believe that's the only time you can cast it??

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

No, you can cast it after combat damage is dealt (in the End of Combat step), in those very rare circumstances where that is preferential.
Sign In to post comments