[ICD] Blue Lich Effect

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mental Ascension 
Enchantment
If you would lose life, instead exile that many cards from the top of your library. (Damage causes life loss)
If you would gain life, instead shuffle that many exiled cards you own into your library.
You do not lose for having 0 or less life.

An idea that came to me. 
No, that's a lot of shuffling if you have an Ajani's Mantra in the field. The games would last forever.

I would just put them on the bottom of the library in any order.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Mental Ascension 
Enchantment
If you would lose life, instead exile that many cards from the top of your library. (Damage causes life loss)
If you would gain life, instead shuffle that many exiled cards you own into your library.

An idea that came to me. 

So basically, you'd lose only by getting decked? Interesting.... I kind of like it

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

There's probably some super-hilarious exploit here with voluntary life loss + lifegain to stack your deck but I'm too lazy to find it. I like this.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

this adds like 40 life (cards) to your life total
NO WAR

Cartoon The Fish

Got blocked out of twitter

looks like Mtg hasn't given up using the word "battlefield" which is completely unnecessary as the board is be considered the default state

Question: what if you'd gain life when you have no cards in exile? How does that work?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

wow i actually agree to Matt for once. 

that's way too cheap and way too little risk to be a lich. It's broken

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Very much so. I mean, it does put your max life total as below your starting number of cards, but you also get to choose which cards you shuffle back in. And it says "exiled cards you own" rather than "cards you own exiled this way", further blurring what qualifies as exiled.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Yeah I have to agree here. This is a pretty easy card to build around so that you're gaining a steady stream of life each turn. It would be hard for an opponent to burst kill your entire deck (and that's only 60 card) before you recoup a great amount of "life"

And IceMetalPunk raises a good question, do a replacement effect still "happen" even if it can't actually be carried through?

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Hmmm... How about:

Mental Ascension 
Enchantment
If you would gain life, instead put that many random cards exiled by ~ onto the bottom of your library.
If ~ leaves the battlefield you lose the game.
Sign In to post comments