[GTC-ICD] Contaminated Ground

31 posts / 0 new
Last post

Contaminated Ground :B:
Enchantment-Aura (common)
Enchant Land
Enchanted Land is a Swamp
Whenever enchanted land becomes tapped, its controller loses 2 life.
"No one cares about pollution until they can see it."
-Gurras, Golgari rot farmer.

Alright, this is decidedly better than Chronic Flooding.  Which isn't difficult to do.  It's an interesting hoser to boot.  Screws hard with the mana base, and bleeds out your opponent if they decide to do anything with the land.  They have the choice, but given that Black seems to be getting some decent lockdown on both guild sides it could be useful to control the board a bit.  Problem with Flooding is that the punishing aspect of it was inconsequential to the point of being worthless.  This one not so much, and is harder to ignore.
damn and here I thought it was gonna be an artifact.

This is fine early game I guess. 
Well, at least it's not Evil Presence.
I always liked this card, good to see it in this enviroment.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
yayay I love mana disruption type spells , I like that gavony township you've got there... its now a swamp.... enjoy
Wow, so that's what this art was for. Having faced it recently, I can tell you this thing screws up nonblack decks bad. Come to think of it, why didn't they reprint this in Scars instead of Evil Presence (which would have suited Innistrad better)? Contaminated Ground would have made so much sense flavorfully! I guess it had to do with Zendikar and Scars being adjacent blocks.

Can we have a Spreading Seas reprint too, Wizards?

Roughly the same "power level" as Spreading Seas- Pretty sweet.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
feels like a spreading seas-esque card that doesnt cantrip, but doesnt allow them to just keep tapping that land for essentially . You want to play that three drop on time? -2 life. I really like the card, helps mono black slow even further 3 color decks
lol it's back.
Well, The Gruul has to do their buisness somewhere. Right?
OK, now we just need Nighthaze or the equivalent, and my favorite draft deck ever is BACK! 

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Can't wait to use this on a Nephalia Drownyard some Bant control player is using to mill me. 

Will this enchantment prevent utility lands from activating their abilities?
Can't wait to use this on a Nephalia Drownyard some Bant control player is using to mill me. 

it turns them into swamps, meaning it is no longer a utility land, just a basic swamp that can only produce mana

it turns them into swamps, meaning it is no longer a utility land, just a basic swamp that can only produce mana

I dont think the land loses its abilities, but im no rules master.
I play for fun
From the Contaminated Ground rulings:

The enchanted land loses its existing land types and any abilities printed on it. It now has the land type Swamp and has the ability to tap to add {B} to its controller's mana pool. Contaminated Ground doesn't change the enchanted land's name or whether it's legendary, basic, or snow.
Not exactly a bad reprint, but not an expected one either....

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
OK, now we just need Nighthaze or the equivalent, and my favorite draft deck ever is BACK! 

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one pulling shenanigans in RoE with some of black's hilarious commons.
Gonna be LOTS of people playing the gates in this set, and even more playing the common cycle duals.  

I'd play this turn 2 over almost any creature I've seen in this entire set.  Its THAT good. 
Pretty good, probably the best of the land enchantments.
die cavern die
Bad reprint no idea why they printed this.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Never really liked this card.
it does eff up cavern of souls...
Its not about which land it "destroys" but about the fact that they can't USE that land anymore unless they take the penalty.  

It throws off the curve and tempo of any non-black deck out there...or gives you a free 2-4 damage min if they choose to push ahead.  

How much damage does the almighty lighting bolt give you?  Its obviously not as good for obvious reasons....but for a palty 2 mana investment....its serious damage/disruption to your opponent.  

I will play this card EVERY time I get it if I'm in black. 
Might see some play in my Grixis build. 2drop land disruption + occasions shocks is okay, not sure if better than Ghost Quarter.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Ghost quarter can tempo yourself.
Excellent card to hose Kessig Wolf Run and Gavony Township with
One of the myriad unplayble cards that will end up in the trash bin after the draft is over.

"We wlll kill them all."

Gives new meaning to 'shock' lands.  ;)

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

From the Contaminated Ground rulings:

The enchanted land loses its existing land types and any abilities printed on it. It now has the land type Swamp and has the ability to tap to add {B} to its controller's mana pool. Contaminated Ground doesn't change the enchanted land's name or whether it's legendary, basic, or snow.

If it said "in addition to..." it would keep its current land types. See Prismatic Omen.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
This wasn't playable last time, but I feel like manabases are being pushed harder this time around.
This might actually see play this time.

And no, this is nowhere near as good as Spreading Seas.
The cantrip was crucial to keeping tempo up.    
Sign In to post comments