[GTC-ICD] One Thousand Lashes

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/gtc/6lh7qy7834_en.jpg
One Thousand Lashes        2WB
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be activated.
At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, that player loses 1 life.

Pillory of the Sleepless, now with 100% fewer ability activations!
Pillory Two Electric Boogaloo!
Nice limited removal. 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Awesome.  I had been crossing my fingers for a Pillory of the Sleepless reprint.  I guess it might've been too good at common.  This is pretty good though.
I liked Pillory better, but limited removal is limited removal; take what you can get.

Honestly I expected Pillory to be reprinted. 
The pillory effect is very cool. The effect is pretty good against decks that aren't blinking their own creatures- which makes it kind of sad for standard for the time being.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Haha Thragtusk, now in 5 turns you will be completely ignored!

Wait, Restoration Angel, what are you doing? Awww mannn 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I would have preferred pillory of the sleepless, but for more you get to lock out activated abilities. This and stab wound will be an interesting draft deck when Dragon's Maze comes out
That thrull looks like its enjoying itself
I said that Orzhov needed pacifism efffect for its bleeder stratergy to work. I was thinking it would have extort, but this is also good.
hmm pillory with arrest tacked on. seems good.
Pillroy turned out to be constructed playable, but there was an enchantment theme at the time it could take advantage of, and there was not a blink theme screwing it over.

This probably won't end up doing anything in standard. 

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Pillroy turned out to be constructed playable, but there was an enchantment theme at the time it could take advantage of, and there was not a blink theme screwing it over.

This probably won't end up doing anything in standard. 

Aye, Resto Angel is too common for this to do much of anything. Once Innistrad rotates though, maybe.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Pretty good, though all the blinking thats available will lower its usefullness.
Cardname sounds like something that came out of Kamigawa block.

Anyway, it's a Pillory of the Sleepless alright, but I don't think I'll need the extra stuff since it costs one more mana.... 

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I can dig it.
The cost annoys me. Orzhov is slow enough as it is.
A game should start right away?

recalls Wanderlust
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

Instead of black enfused pacifism it's black enfused arrest with the same cost ratio. Seems pretty cool.

The flavor is incredibly gruesome. Especially, since thrulls are made for their function, it implies that that thrull was made specifically to punish. 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
I like it in limited. That's all I'll say.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Instead of black enfused pacifism it's black enfused arrest with the same cost ratio. Seems pretty cool.

The flavor is incredibly gruesome. Especially, since thrulls are made for their function, it implies that that thrull was made specifically to punish. 

Seems unlikely considering those skinny arms.
Now in Ravnica 3: Revenge of the Jedi, we just need a variant that costs 5 and can hit any permanent.
You'd think the CREATURE would die before it's owner, even if it survives the first 500 strokes. 
I was hoping for

Aura
Enchant creature
Extort
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.

We got a more expensive upgrade to Pillory instead.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
I was hoping for

Aura
Enchant creature
Extort

That one seemed like a shoe-in. Can't believe it's not a thing.
I was hoping for

Aura
Enchant creature
Extort

That's what I thought too. Maybe in Dragon's maze?
Would have preferred Faith's Fetters .
Me too, Faith's Fetters was great. This isn't bad, but as long as blink is in this format it wont see play.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

the name and artwork alone are enough to make this card :P

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
It's not Faith's Fetters but it's still pretty damn good in limited.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__