[GTC-ICD] Clinging Anemones

30 posts / 0 new
Last post

Clinging Anemone
Creature- Jellyfish (common)
Defender
Evolve
1/4

Alright, this little creature will be nasty in limited.  Will prove to be incredibly resilient and an incredible wall to try and get around.
it's a jellyfish so +1 for that.  but where's the other weird-ass creature type to go with it?
This is OK in limited, I don't know why people think mediocre or bad in constructed means it might work in limited. If I T4 play this in a draft match I am not happy.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

it's a jellyfish so +1 for that.  but where's the other weird-ass creature type to go with it?

Jellyfish are already weird enough to begin with.  Anemones included.
This is OK in limited, I don't know why people think mediocre or bad in constructed means it might work in limited. If I T4 play this in a draft match I am not happy.

Never said I'd P1P1 it, but I wouldn't be disheartened in the least to include it in a deck.
Just yesterday I was talking with a friend about wacky creature types that still exist after creature type update and Jellyfish was one that came up.
not particularly impressed with this one tbh.

Well, hopefully in Dragon's Maze there is a mutated version of this. Flying Anemones; Creature - Jellyfish Fish (art depicts an anemone with the body of a flying fish).

Would make sense since the Simic themselves said that their roots may be the ocean, but their destiny is in the sky.  More flying things?
I like this.  For the art at the very least.  This is one I hope to see a wallpaper of.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Solid, though it could have been one mana cheaper.
I like it and I think its fine costing 4
I play for fun
Ooh Jellyfish. Anemones.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Check it out: It's big enough to grow all of the other evolve creatures.
It's a jellyfish so I gotta like it.
This is a card where the evolve works really well.
It both easily enables other evolvers and it has potential to be a wall that starts killing stuff as its power grows. Not only that, but (besides evasion) it continues to grow in toughness as well so it stays relevant. 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA

Or, for that matter, why does this card exist? Consider: They took Merfolk out of the oceans and gave them legs because it doesn't conform to their vision that fantasy worlds on 30% landmass worlds have to deal with the ocean. Merfolk have to run through hoops to deal with landlubbers. So ... the flavor and art depict a sessile cnidarian (which I guess makes "Jellyfish" work, though barely -- you idiotic pseudonerds and your heavy vertebrate biases), submerged in a region which I guess depicts a Simic-flooded region, and this is supposed to block a, say, flying Thrull, angel, or bat. Underwater.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
This card is going to be supremely annoying if only for the inevitable mispronunciations from the same people that say Rang-Kor.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Jellyfish are already weird enough to begin with.  Anemones included.

http://scienceforkids.kidipede.com/biology/animals/sponges/pictures/hydra.jpg

Hydra scienceforkids.kidipede.com/biology/anim...

I like this power creep card

NO WAR

At Entrance; put a land you control owner's hand.

: gather , or .

and tap a creature you control: add or remove

an underground counter to or from that creaure.

Creatures with underground counters

can only block or be blocked by

other creatures with underground counters.

~ancient and forgotten dwell

Meh ok in a defensive mill deck I guess.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Very useful in Limited.  Blocks and also evolves your T1 - T3 plays.
I imagined this exact card would show up, except my version was a hellion because Hellions kind of look like anemones.

does those exist yet

often Wizards overcost new powers to play test them before allowing them to be competative

NO WAR

At Entrance; put a land you control owner's hand.

: gather , or .

and tap a creature you control: add or remove

an underground counter to or from that creaure.

Creatures with underground counters

can only block or be blocked by

other creatures with underground counters.

~ancient and forgotten dwell

I always thought anemones were like plants or something. Not jellyfish. 

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

I believe some kinds of jellyfish have a sessile larval stage. It's not the same thing as an anemone but it's kinda close....

does those exist yet

often Wizards overcost new powers to play test them before allowing them to be competative

Cloudfin Raptor is a 0/1 Flyer for :U:.
Experiment One is a 1/1 Regenerater for .
Shambleshark is a 2/1 Flasher for .

Shambleshark and Raptor are commons, and Experiment is uncommon.  That said, there are a few at the 3 cmc slot also.  So you'll have plenty on the board by the time this hits.  It seems that Evolve was really pushed hard, whereas some of the other abilities(Specifically Cipher) were deliberately held back.
Well, I know my favorite card in the set.

Well, Anemones are actually a specific genus of flowering plants.

Sea Anemones are polyps, which are animales.  They have an adhesive foot that they use to attach to a surface.  They are sort of related to Jellyfish, although distantly.  They both belong to the same phylum (Cnidaria) but belong to different sub-phyla. 

So they are sort of related, though distantly. 

Well, Anemones are actually a specific genus of flowering plants.

Sea Anemones are polyps, which are animales.  They have an adhesive foot that they use to attach to a surface.  They are sort of related to Jellyfish, although distantly.  They both belong to the same phylum (Cnidaria) but belong to different sub-phyla. 

So they are sort of related, though distantly. 

Distance is relative. Sea anemones (Anthozoa) are in the same grouping of organisms that include corals and jellyfish, which as mentioned before is called Cnidaria [nih-DAR-ee-yah; or if you're a purist knih-dar-EH-ah or so]. Sea anemones, like corals, derive from a polyp-like larval stage which is motile and free-swimming, but becomes anchored to a substrate (or base) in order to mature. Previously, hydras and jellyfish develop from a sessile polyp, which can detach and then becomes free-swimming. True jellyfish (Medusozoa) do not develop from a polyp. "Distance", as in the implication of "phyla" is a ridiculous and meaningless distinction: A "phylum" means nothing by itself.

"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
Again, looks bad relative to Yotian Soldier. But at least it's in one color.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I could see an Extort-heavy Orzhov deck splash blue for this and Aetherize.
Sign In to post comments