[GTC-ICD] Mortus Strider

25 posts / 0 new
Last post

Mortus Strider   1UB
Creature - Skeleton
When Mortus Strider dies, return it to its owner's hand.
1/1

Yes, the CIG is complete...but I just wanted to make a thread for it because I find it fascinating.
It's cute. The blocker that just won't quit.
Love the art
Dimir's version of reassembling skeleton.  Any fun combos here?
Dimir's version of reassembling skeleton.  Any fun combos here?

Omniscience and a sac outlet?
gruul decks better have plenty of trample or they're going to get walled by dimir
Better than Squee? (sans color)
or extort with a sac outlet, since you cast it. Seems ok just for limitless chumping
so much better than dark revenant lol. if only it had flying...

Squee's got tribal stuff going on....although with Death Baron this guy becomes a house.
wow this card is GREAT, i can't wait to put this in a heartless summoning deck with falkenrath noble, not I just need a way to generate mana and ive got a combo on my hands....
too bad this creature doesn't go well with cipher
He'll be fun to tinker with in Pauper, at least.
Blood Artist toy to make grindy matches more fun- Also infinite chump blocker.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Anyone know how the cipher "encode" rules apply to this? If he dies does he keep his encoding?
I am Blue/Black
Anyone know how the cipher "encode" rules apply to this? If he dies does he keep his encoding?

I am 99.9% sure he loses the encoding.

No, because Squee was mostly used as a card to discard.  Also, there was no real point in countering Squee, whereas counter this card and you stop the combo player's engine.

I think this is actually worse than Reassembling Skeleton in almost every situation.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Pretty neat.
Awesome art.
I play for fun
this and Skullclamp is pretty sick
The art is great, but that's about it.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I love skeletons.
gruul decks better have plenty of trample or they're going to get walled by dimir

It costs 3. Not exactly fast. You should worry about dutiful thrull
Jack Skellington

Squee can be discarded too, and can be played in any deck (EDH notwithstanding) as discard bait.

Still, really good.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt