[GTC-ICD] Mental Vapors

26 posts / 0 new
Last post

Mental Vapors |
Sorcery (U)
Target player discards a card.
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without payings its mana cost.)
so... mind rot maybe if you can connect? I would think T4 they wouldnt be holding onto too much, but i guess since almost everything is overcosted in the set it could be decent
Hey...it's another 4 mana cipher spell.  That's just grand.  Welp, Dimir isn't doing much for the first three turns, and will likely be playing behind the count all game.
Didn't they just reprint Mind Rot?
nope.
Yea, it did just get reprinted, with what looks like an orzhov dude
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
4 mana to make your creatures rakdos ringleader?

might as well wait for 2 more turns and play undercity plague 
I'm a big fan of Mind Rot in limited, and I'm not paying it on turn 3 anyways, so this makes me happy.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I can't wait for the cipher card that allows you to time walk for 13 mana...

lol put it on invisible stalker if they have no instants you automatically win o.o

lol put it on invisible stalker if they have no instants you automatically win o.o

I said it as a joke, but yes that would be funny
I feel like playing dimir is going to suck...

4 mana for rakdos ringleader
4 mana for curiosity
what next, 5 mana for a kill spell? =( 

4 mana for curiosity

More like 4 mana for Raven's Crime here.  Ringleader has the decency to force random discard, which is a step up from letting your opponent choose what to lose.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

4 mana for curiosity

How about NO kill spell?
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Eeh, i guess its worth it if Cipher goes off.
I'll rather play Mind Rot

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
This sucks.
When i saw  the art i was hoping for a Duress kind of effect
There are just better choices for standard.
Mental Agony
Gruesome Discovery
Cloak of Confusion
when I saw the art for this card I was hoping it would be exsanguinate for dimir oh well...
the smoke caught my eye
4 mana for that no thanks.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Unthinkably bad...and a waste of an Uncommon slot.

"We wlll kill them all."

Can be used with Invisible Stalker and the like...and little else.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Poor.  

I'm actually a fan of semi-casual ravenous rats/ duress decks....esp when hypnotic specter used to be in print.

But I don't care about recurring discard after their hand is empty.  And waiting for turn 4-5 (play or draw) assuming no missed lands means most players will only be holding 1-3 cards at most.

Just....way overcosted.  If opponent gets to pick, it should have been 3cc.  I think 2cc would probably be TOO powerful.  

Also, if your library is all the spells you know, and your hand is what you can think to cast at present....how does letting the victim pick what knowledge to lose make sense in any sort of flavorfull way?  It should always be presented as "knowledge ripped out of your mind", no?