[GTC-ICD]- Deathcult Rogue

27 posts / 0 new
Last post

Deathcult Rogue :ub::ub:
Creature-Human Rogue (Common)
Deathcult Rogue can't be blocked except by Rogues.
"The hussars can't catch him, and he evades our traps with ease.  I fear he walks unseen even in the halls of New Prahv."
-Arrester Lavinia, Tenth Precinct

This is certainly odd.  Seems quite good in limited for the most part, and once block draft starts not even Hussar Patrol will stop him.  Good target for cipher it seems.
my Oona's Blackguard needs him
proud member of the 2011 community team
That's pretty cute.  Rogue tribal in DGM confirmed.
I want it in my casual b/u rogue deck
How incredibly random.
Solid Cipher enabler for those going Dimir at prerelease. Cool.

No Inkfathom Infiltrator, but good enough.
so more or less unblockable, seems good to me.
How incredibly random.

Not random at all. Cipher enabler. 

How incredibly random.

Not random at all. Cipher enabler. 

He's probably referring to the fact that other rogues can block it.

But yes, this will probably be the bread and butter of limited decks using a decent amount of cipher. 
lol stealer of secrets is the only other rogue I can think of and she's not even in the set
How incredibly random.

...excuse me?
What's random about this card at all? It's a worse but flavorful unblockable on a creature in colors that get unblockable. 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
Pretty nifty.
If I end up going dimir, there better be 3 of those in my packs.
I play for fun
my Oona's Blackguard needs him

This.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
There are at least eight other rogues in Gatecrash.  He's not really as "unblockable" as some would think.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Next block Shadowmoor 2.0

Ok I can dream. 
Hello Shadow
Meh he's fine good with Cypher I guess.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

lol stealer of secrets is the only other rogue I can think of and she's not even in the set

There are 21 rogues currently in standard.  More coming in gatecrash.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
Prowl will love him, Cipher will love him. Hell, he might find a home in my standard deck.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

A kinda mishmash of Phantom Warrior and Severed Legion.

"We wlll kill them all."

Looks playable, if your opponent's not playing a rogue deck.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Ok, so like others have mentioned it seems a bit odd to have a card that cares about tribes in a block that otherwise doesn't care about tribal effects at all.  Given that Dragon's Maze has a lot on its plate as is (having 10 guilds in a small set and all) I don't think it will have a tribal theme in addition to that. (besides a tribal theme would only distract from the guild theme I think) So is this just a random one off tribal thing or could this be a hint that Friends block will have a tribal theme?
Ok, so like others have mentioned it seems a bit odd to have a card that cares about tribes in a block that otherwise doesn't care about tribal effects at all.  Given that Dragon's Maze has a lot on its plate as is (having 10 guilds in a small set and all) I don't think it will have a tribal theme in addition to that. (besides a tribal theme would only distract from the guild theme I think) So is this just a random one off tribal thing or could this be a hint that Friends block will have a tribal theme?

Its just a virtual unblockable for limited. If there is a rougue theme coming i would bet on the next block.
I play for fun

Can't forget my favorite Rogue, Invisible Stalker.

A little bit worse than Phantom Warrior but a little bet better than Severed Legion, and with a relevant creature type.
Weird name though, sounds Rakdos.