[GTC-ICD] Dinrova Horror

26 posts / 0 new
Last post

Dinrova Horror |
Creature - Horror (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, return target permanent to its owner's hand, then that player discards a card.
"Welcome to the Dimir Public Offices. Not responsible for death or loss of property. Basement off-limits."
-Sign outside Dinrova Building
4/4

Oh look, Recoil with a 4/4 body and funny flavor text. I dig it.
It's fine I guess for limited.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

I'm glad the Dimir are advertising their position. Such an on-flavor thing to do.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

6 is expensive... but mind this... target "PERMANENT".

Chain this with deadeye navigator and blink this repeatedly and bounce all their lands back to their hands. then discarding them promply.
Recoil stapled to a 4/4? I definitely like this one.
What is the Power/Toughness?
i wouldn't mind this being a 3/3 with evasion or something but as is it's alright ish.
Perfectly reasonable creature for limited
Insanely powerful card for limited
I'm glad the Dimir are advertising their position. Such an on-flavor thing to do.

Pure sarcasm, I assume.  I'm not huge on flavor, but this flavor text makes me sad as well.

Pure sarcasm, I assume.  I'm not huge on flavor, but this flavor text makes me sad as well.

It almost seems more like the note was a prank. Probably Krenko.
well, synergy with voidwalk (cipher blink spell)
I play for fun
Good creature though the flavor text seems a bit weird.
The Dimir do exist as a public guild is my understanding.

A perfectly innocent guild devoted to record-keeping and the distribution of the news of the day.  Why, we'd never hurt anybody, we're just a harmless guild full of couriers and merchants.
Destroy target permanent huh? Definitely a Limited all-star.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I could also see this being good in edh.
Brutal with the Cypher that blinks creatures
My first thought was

My second thought was Wait, Dimir has a public anything?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I think the flavor text is intended to be tongue and cheek: based on the art, Dinrova is clearly in the bowels of the undercity.  That sign might as well have "PS: If you're reading this, you're already dead" tacked on.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Maybe a constructed playable?  Provides both an immediate impact on the board and card advantage.  Might be a mana too expensive, but it's worth considering.
I think the flavor text is intended to be tongue and cheek: based on the art, Dinrova is clearly in the bowels of the undercity.  That sign might as well have "PS: If you're reading this, you're already dead" tacked on.

The art's supposed to be the basement referred to on the sign, and the sign's clearly noted as existing outside a building. 
The Dimir do exist as a public guild is my understanding.

A perfectly innocent guild devoted to record-keeping and the distribution of the news of the day.  Why, we'd never hurt anybody, we're just a harmless guild full of couriers and merchants.

This: Plus I believe they also run libraries and work as archivists. Which is awesome because it gives them information about what other people curious are about.
My rug deck may have become bug. Or bur....
This: Plus I believe they also run libraries and work as archivists. Which is awesome because it gives them information about what other people curious are about.

Wiat, they're librarians now? I mean, I know in America, librarians were among the first to oppose the Patriot Act, but still...

Dimir is "Information wants to be expensive. Information wants to be free."
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

Wiat, they're librarians now? I mean, I know in America, librarians were among the first to oppose the Patriot Act, but still...

Dimir is "Information wants to be expensive. Information wants to be free."

they're "librarians". come on ;).
Ooh, like that Psychonauts level with the milkman conspiracy?
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments