Bane Alley Broker

35 posts / 0 new
Last post

Bane Alley Broker
Creature-Human Rogue (Uncommon)
: Draw a card, then exile a card from your hand face down.
You may look at cards exiled with Bane Alley Broker.
, : Return a card exiled with Bane Alley Broker to its owner's hand.
0/3

Source:  Mothership image gallery.

Gotta say, I really enjoy this one.
Now that's a clever twist on looting.  This seems like a pretty good pick in limited.
very vulnerable
proud member of the 2011 community team
I can't imagine that's actually good.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Amazing. It lets you store things away until you need them, and draws you cards in the meantime? plays around discard too, so cool.
I can't imagine that's actually good.

In limited it's amazing. Ignoring everything but the first ability, it's a 3-toughness looter for 3. That's good in limited.

The other abilities are just cute-ish. Fun, but... not really at all in keeping with why it'll be sweet to have about in limited. 
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Neat. Not great.

3DH4LIF3

first time I read it, I thought it was Bane alley hooker.

that aside, nice looter-type card.  
Eh.
this works well with whispering madness... 
also she's really cute >.<
Love the art. Card itself is just weird, but the interactions are interesting. Still, the art is enough for me.
Looters are always welcome in limited, and this one is especially good. Not only does it give you the option of getting cards back if you find you need them later on, but it also doesn't give your opponent any information about your deck.
seems anti discard in a way, store what u want away for later with the caveat of drawing into something better... if it doesnt get killed beforehand
seems like an alright card, i mean a looter is a looter.
seems like an alright card, i mean a looter is a looter.

QFT.  I remember initially people were upset by Rummaging Goblin being strickly worse than Merfolk Looter.  Then they realized that in limited, any looter is still a looter. 
This isn't even a looter. It's an Archivist that goes half the speed.

But it has a much nicer body.

pun intended?
Makes Misthollow Griffin better but still not good enough.
This is one if my favourite cards in the set. This is really potent.
Why are people comparing this to looters?

I mean, I get the basic premise of the assumption. "Draw a card, Exile a card" does sound a lot like looting, but unlike looting, this actually gives you CA since you get the cards you exile back (albeit slowly). The only situation where looting is superior to this ability is when looking to specifically dump things into the yard (Flashback, etc).

I just wish it didn't have to tap a second time to get the card back.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Would love to play with her. 
I play for fun
Combos with Misthollow Griffin in standard! In all seriousness though, she's a good card with an ability better than looting for non-madness, graveyard based shenanigan decks.
first time I read it, I thought it was Bane alley hooker.

that aside, nice looter-type card.  

Hehe, same here.

It's a nice new take on the typical Looter flavor, but I doubt this is gonna be used much in Limited.... 

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Well this sure is interesting. A bit vulnerable though.
This is one if my favourite cards in the set. This is really potent.

Agreed. This card is pretty sweet. Her 3 defense should keep her around for a little while at the very least. However she is a target and will probably have everything and the kitchen sink tossed at her.

Would love to play with her. 

Heh heh heh heh heh.  Solid.  ;)

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

Bane Alley Broker
Creature-Human Rogue (Uncommon)
: Draw a card, then exile a card from your hand face down.
You may look at cards exiled with Bane Alley Broker.
, : Return a card exiled with Bane Alley Broker to its owner's hand.
0/3

Source:  Mothership image gallery.

Gotta say, I really enjoy this one.

I think I'm remebering this wrong but, if I use "Bane..." and she goes to the graveyard. Then play a second one, I don't get to look at or return the already removed cards?
Interesting Looter variant. Seems pretty cool.
My Sig
Reality is but the sum total of all illusions. Proud Hand of Karsus, now and forever Mess with one Hand, mess with 'em all I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
"just do what LM the lord of magical might does, and you'll be fine" - sfdragon, 10/12/09
Board Snippets
147048523 wrote:
"I don't like X, they should remove it." "I like X, they should keep it." "They should replace X with Y." "Anybody that likes X is dumb. Y is better." "Why don't they include both X and Y." "Yeah, everybody can be happy then!" "But I don't like X, they should remove it." "X really needs to be replaced with Y." "But they can include both X and Y." "But I don't like X, they need to remove it." "Remove X, I don't like it." Repeat. Obstinance?
56790678 wrote:
Until you've had an in-law tell you your choice of game was stupid, and just Warcraft on paper, and dumbed down for dumber players who can't handle a real RPG, you haven't lived. You haven't lived.
56902498 wrote:
Lady and gentlemen.... I present to you the Edition War without Contrition, the War of the Web, the Mighty Match-up! We're using standard edition war rules. No posts of substance. Do not read the other person's posts with comprehension. Make frequent comparison to video games, MMOs, and CCGs. Use the words "fallacy" and "straw man", incorrectly and often. Passive aggressiveness gets you extra points and asking misleading and inflammatory questions is mandatory. If you're getting tired, just declare victory and leave the thread. Wait for the buzzer... and.... One, two, three, four, I declare Edition War Five, six, seven eight, I use the web to Go!
57062508 wrote:
D&D should not return to the days of blindfolding the DM and players. No tips on encounter power? No mention of expected party roles? No true meaning of level due to different level charts or tiered classes? Please, let's not sacrifice clear, helpful rules guidelines in favour of catering to the delicate sensibilities of the few who have problems with the ascetics of anything other than what they are familiar with.
56760448 wrote:
Just a quick note on the MMORPG as an insult comparison... MMORPGs, raking in money by the dumptruck full. Many options, tons of fans across many audiences, massive resources allocated to development. TTRPGs, dying product. Squeaking out an existence that relys on low cost. Fans fit primarily into a few small demographics. R&D budgets small, often rushed to market and patched after deployment. You're not really making much of an argument when you compare something to a MMORPG and assume people think that means bad. Lets face it, they make the money, have the audience and the budget. We here on this board are fans of TTRPGs but lets not try to pretend none of us play MMORPGs.
90571711 wrote:
Adding options at the system level is good. Adding options at the table level is hard. Removing options at the system level is bad. Removing options at the table level is easy. This is not complicated.
57333888 wrote:
112760109 wrote:
56902838 wrote:
Something like Tactical Shift is more magical than martial healing.
Telling someone to move over a few feet is magical now? :| I weep for this generation.
Given the laziness and morbid obsesity amongst D&Ders, being able to convince someone to get on their feet, do some heavy exercise, and use their words to make them be healthier must seem magical.
158710691 wrote:
D&D definitely improves mental health; Just as long as you stay away from these forums ;)
I think I'm remebering this wrong but, if I use "Bane..." and she goes to the graveyard. Then play a second one, I don't get to look at or return the already removed cards?

That's correct. When a Bane Alley Broker is on the battlefield, you may look at and return the cards exiled with that particular Bane Alley Broker. Blinking it also breaks the connection, as it comes back as a new permanent.

this is card draw for 2 , very good

i like the text plating
It's good because you can get rid of dead cards in your hand like lands and to avoid the opponent from eating important cards in your hand with Appetite for Brains or Duress.
When Gotham lies in ashes you have my permission to get this card back.
Nice looting trick.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Original designs like this make me so happy.
I play for fun