[GTC-ICD] Boros Reckoner

50 posts / 0 new
Last post

Boros Reckoner |
Creature - Minotaur Wizard (R)
Whenever ~ is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target creature or player.
: ~ gains first strike until end of turn.
"Imagine a thunderstorm that's also a tactical genius. That's him."
-Dars Gostok, Firefist captain
3/3
Well that looks fun.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

This card might be constructed playable also makes Ball Lightning even more garbage than it already is.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Why hello redundant spitemare! We now have this guy and the doll with blasphemous act and the one black aura in standard. Must make funny R/B control deck.

This guy is good anyway! he is a 3/3 for three that goes anti-red, and can gain first strike. He can kill thragtusk with first strike or deal 5 damage to the grill, and they wont know until they block it (or just let it in for three). Loving this guy
Interesting anti-synergy with the abilities, It has potential, 3-power first striking gets a lot of things in this format.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
seems pretty good to me.
Uh. Seeeeems pretty effin' good.

Red/Boros Deck Wins will want it, I'm sure. There aren't really that many appealing 3-drop creatures for that startegy currently yes? Or am I forgetting something... 
I really like this. The flavor text also entertains me.
A rare example of white player burn. It may be reactive player burn, but white burn nonetheless. The first strike gives this versatility, letting you decide whether you want to burn the opponent by blocking their Thragtusk or taking their creatures out preemptively. And incidentally, this beats Thragtusk as well as the token when using first strike. RDW just found another new friend to play alongside Ash Zealot, Guttersnipe, and Legion Loyalist.

I only wish his colors were , that way he would look like a sith shooting lightning from his finger tips, and everything he got hit you would have to yell "POWERRRRRR!!! UNLIMITED POWERRRRR!!!!" while raising your hands like your shooting lightning from your finger tips at the enemy creatures and blowing them up...
looks constructed playable to me.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Boros Charm -> Blasphemous Act -> attack = ???
Oh, I like this card, so much potential to uncover, this card mana cost make it more balanced so I think this will see alot play in boros aggro deck, maybe RDW as 3 drops?
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
Oh this is great, and the flavor text just makes it better.
is really strong.  you don't want to burn it, tough in combat, you can't ultimate price it. 
Constructed playable methinks. The flavor seems like it'll fit better on a Legend though....

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
BlasphemousAct.dek might get somewhere packing this. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
Boros Charm -> Blasphemous Act -> attack = ???

Shhh! My stuffy doll deck, with Blasphemous act, faithless looting and all sorts of damage spells was supposed to be a secret!!

Poor stuffy doll, though.

What IS Wizards doing?
I thought we were OVER those "turn 4 win" combos.

The only reason I've not brought my stuffy doll deck to a tournament is the fact that stuffy doll is too slow.
Yay for Minotaur!
Spitemare is one of my favorite cards of all time.  This is just sorta... better.  My Stuffy Doll/Spitemare/Swans of Bryn Argoll deck really needs more 3-drops.

Spitemare's art wins, though.
I don't think it's all that anti-synergetic.  It looks that way on paper, but the first strike ability will only make your opponent want to "chump block" with an x/3 or deathtouch creature.  If they have neither, then the ability will almost never come into play.  It has a pretty narrow application.  Unless you aura/trick him up, of course.

0-power defenders are just going to laugh in his face, though.
After playing with and against this, I'm here to tell you that this card is unfair.

I think it is the best nonland rare in the set, though I'm sure that statement will come back to haunt me. 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
So, besides insane combos, what else can you do? Make hilarious use of Soul Link?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Got my set!!!
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Lots of activated first strike in this set.

I like this guy. I'm going to pick some up for RDW, I think.
Rules Adviser, casual tournament organizer, lover of EDH and MtG evangelist.
Insane blocker against Gruul.
Man this is good. I want a playset.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

After playing with and against this, I'm here to tell you that this card is unfair.

I think it is the best nonland rare in the set, though I'm sure that statement will come back to haunt me. 

Check dat $$$
Show
A rules question:

He is able to redirect only the damage dealt to him, and thats a maximum equal to his thoughness, right? 
I play for fun
Nope it's not, the amount of damage he redirects has nothing to do with his toughness, only affected by the amount of damage he receives.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Argh.

Why is MTGO so delayed after paper?
I won't ever have the chance to get these for a low price. 
Sure you will.  In October 2014, when they rotate out of Standard, you'll have no trouble at all getting these for a low price.
Staying up late to preorder these?

Worth it 
Show
Holy cheese balls Batman! $15 dollars and probably climbing!
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
$15? Where? TCGPlayer has is still averaging around $10, and my local store had them at $8 until a couple days ago (they're at $10 and out of stock now).
$15? Where? TCGPlayer has is still averaging around $10, and my local store had them at $8 until a couple days ago (they're at $10 and out of stock now).

SCG
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Why someone would buy from SCG when TCG exists is beyond me.
My local gamestore uses SCG prices, so looking at TCG doesn't help me much.
Why someone would buy from SCG when TCG exists is beyond me.

TCG follows SCG, but it is a lagging indicator.
Show

Yeah, my LGS using the middle price range on magiccards.info, and its hovering around $10 still, with 12.50 being the high. 
Well, it looks like I'm going to need to side in some answers to this guy since I don't have any.  Pacifism? Arrest? Traitorous Blood?

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Sign In to post comments