[GTC-ICD] Immortal Servitude

45 posts / 0 new
Last post

Immortal Servitude |
Sorcery (R)
Return each creature card with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield.
"The fine print of countless contracts has ensured we are never defenseless."
-Teysa Karlov, Grand Envoy of Orzhov
This is broken in EDH terrible anywhere else though.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Been saying this alot lately but soul sisters or a ranger of eos deck with easily appreciate this card. Does this have standard potential? Maybe in zombies to get every single gravecrawler or diregraf ghoul out of the grave, but even then is still meh.
Awesome... in edh.

3DH4LIF3

Ugh, bad twist on debtors' knell, I feel like every Orzhov card is an overcosted slightly alertered version of a card from the original Ravnica that they didn't want to reprint.
cool card, but probably not very good.
Reanimator: make sure all your cards have the same CMC
Reminds me of Genesis Wave for graveyards. Fun in EDH for sure.
It's not "X or less," really? Super disappointing. Like most of Orzhov.
This is a combo card actually. If there is a deck that can sac 1 drop creatures for good value, this card can act as a third second sunrise effect.

Wow, definitely read this as 'X or less' originally, and even then I thought it was just okay.  This is pretty terrible.
xD This is really awesome. There's going to be some silly deck that plays all 2CMC or 3CMC critters and selfmills or has sac outlets and then just dumps them back onto the field.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
xD This is really awesome. There's going to be some silly deck that plays all 2CMC or 3CMC critters and selfmills or has sac outlets and then just dumps them back onto the field.

If that happened I would actually be pretty happy.
It's not "X or less," really?

My sentiments exactly.

I want to cast for X=0 and bring back all the Kobolds.
I think people are underestimating this card by a lot. Let's see what this card can do, for four to five mana you're gonna bring back all your very effective, very playble, one drops or two drops that you've been milling from your library. We now have two very powerful reanimation spells in standard, one is a reusable ranimation spell that can hit the big things for big finishes, the other can recur smaller creature that you pass up using grisly salvage and mulch. I actually have to say that the biggest problem that, I've been having with my reanimator deck is that I inadvertantly send my own small creatures to the grave as I search. With this, I can bring back all of my functional 1 drops.
4 mana to bring back all the mana dorks? could be interesting to see
only white or black creatures for the most part
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

Would have rather had debtors' knell back, but you can't have everything.
I am Blue/Black
I think people are underestimating this card by a lot. Let's see what this card can do, for four to five mana you're gonna bring back all your very effective, very playble, one drops or two drops that you've been milling from your library. We now have two very powerful reanimation spells in standard, one is a reusable ranimation spell that can hit the big things for big finishes, the other can recur smaller creature that you pass up using grisly salvage and mulch. I actually have to say that the biggest problem that, I've been having with my reanimator deck is that I inadvertantly send my own small creatures to the grave as I search. With this, I can bring back all of my functional 1 drops.

True, except that it is Converted mana cost X. not X or less.
I thought this was awesome, it just misses 2 words.

Some sort of Blood Artist deck with Killing Wave I would assume. Dump a bunch of cheap stuff onto the table, sac it all to do a ton of damage, then bring it all back again to do it again.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
I hope people continue to undervalue this card. Give me at least a Standard tourney or two on it's back before people catch on.

Wow, definitely read this as 'X or less' originally, and even then I thought it was just okay.  This is pretty terrible.

Sad about this card...

Blood Artist, Bloodthrone Vampire, Butchered ghoul, unruly mob, keening apparition, Black cat, Ravenous rats, new extort 1 and 2 drops, sacrifice for protection from colour creature and the guildmage, without going out of the colours or 2 cmc, this is a great combo card, play blue instead of white for self mill, this will at least be a strong casual standard deck

Eh, a bit narrow to be really good.
This seems fun, but probably will go unplayed.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Blood Artist, Bloodthrone Vampire, Butchered ghoul, unruly mob, keening apparition, Black cat, Ravenous rats, new extort 1 and 2 drops, sacrifice for protection from colour creature and the guildmage, without going out of the colours or 2 cmc, this is a great combo card, play blue instead of white for self mill, this will at least be a strong casual standard deck

High Priest of Penance is going to help this out a lot, as is Orzhov Charm.

This. I thought it was X or less. That might have been marginally playable, but now.... Nah.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Pack Rat FTMFW.
I may play this in Modern as a sideboard card against removal.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
There was probably a reason why they didn't make it X or less... but I dunno what it is.
It looks like a fun card.
Pack Rat FTMFW.

Pack Rat, Snapcaster Mage, Augur of Bolas

Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
This is broken in EDH terrible anywhere else though.

It's for cmc X, not X or less. That is, you pick a mana cost, and you only get that. Broken, it isn't. Remember, White gets SELECTIVE recursion for 6 and a +1/+1 in Marshal's Anthem, otherwise it's all, and for everyone (Twilight's Call, All Hallows' Eve, Living Death).

Outside of Limited, in which the best options seem to be x=2, 3 or 4, this card is useful in the way Proclamation of Rebirth was: for cmc 1. So it will be USEFUL to pull back your utility weenies. Outside of that, even in EDH, this card is best used in 3 color decks, such as getting back a host of effective 4-5 mana cards like Oracle, various Muses, Jens, etc.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
Pack Rat FTMFW.

Pack Rat, Snapcaster Mage, Augur of Bolas

snapcasters not much fun to reanimate here.  i keep taking second looks at ravenous rats and getting mad at smiter.
If I bring back an Experiment One and a Champion of the Parish with this, the Champion of the Parish will see another human coming into play and so get a +1/+1 counter. Is it possible to stack the triggers so that the Experiment One sees the Champion of the Parish after it has become 2/2 and so evolves itself a +1/+1 counter?
This will have a far reaching impact on standard and modern....I'm not saying what but watch....I'm ordering all of these at 1.50....
2 copies of this in a WBG reanimator deck will bring Tusk, the Spirit Advisor, and alot of other goodies. Still , it's narrow, but someone will brake it

Vexing Devil anyone? :P
Very awesome when used with Gilded Lotus.
Someone will break this.

In limited, I count this as yet another boros card in disguise, with X=2 or maybe 3.
The crap?

This will probably see play as bringing back a bunch of one drops for 4 isn't the worst thing you can do, but it feels really unnatural for this not to read "or less".