Izzet Staticaster with deathtouch and Nature's Revolt clarification

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Izzet Staticaster says it deals 1 damage to target creature and each creature with the same name, and with deathtouch he effectively kills each of those creatures.  My questions is, if you have Nature's Revolt in play, and therefore all lands are now 2/2 creatures, when u target one with Izzet Staticaster, which lands are then killed? ALL of them or are they classified by color (i.e...all forests are "forest" creatures and swamps are "swamp" creatures)... or really just trying to clarify if it just breaks all ur mana >:|
All of the lands with the same name will be destroyed. Only the name is checked, not the land types or the color(s) the land produces.
All of the lands with the same name will be destroyed. Only the name is checked, not the land types or the color(s) the land produces.

so targeting a forest will destroy all forests... targeting a swamp will kill all the swamps..etc..
Not exactly Savannah and Overgrown Tomb are forests not named forest, for example.
Not exactly Savannah and Overgrown Tomb are forests not named forest, for example.

well in the case of lands with specific names, i figured that one was obvious, but when playing casually i tend to see more basic lands so i was just wondering if in this scenario if hitting them with the deathtouch ping will wipe all ur basic land or just those of the targeted color
Yes, if you target a permanent named «Forest», all permanents named Forest on the Field will be destroyed.

Notice that the NAME «Forest» printed near the top of the card has a very different funtion than the SUBTYPE «Forest» printed in the middle.