Question for Companions and Summons 4e

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
i have some questions about Creatures summoneds and companions.

When i call my summoned companion

Thought Phantom
Medium aberrant magical beast
Summoned Creature

HP your bloodied value; Healing Surges none, but you can expend a healing surge for the thought phantom if an effect allows it to spend one
Defenses your defenses -2, not including any temporary bonuses or penalties
Speed 5

Vanish into the Void Aura 2

You gain a +2 power bonus to Stealth checks while you are in the aura. The thought phantom is invisible, so it has total concealment and combat advantage against any creature that cannot see it somehow.

Standard Action (psychic) At-Will

Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); your level + 3 vs. Will

Hit: 1d8 + your Charisma modifier damage, and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends).

Minor Action At-Will 1/round

Effect: The thought phantom either walks, shifts, runs, stands up, squeezes, or crawls.

Opportunity Action At-Will

Trigger: An enemy adjacent to the thought phantom hits you.

Effect: You become invisible until the start of your next turn.

provided by my power Summon Warlock Ally's

my question is, i realy need to use my Standard Actions for he make attacks?

and, what are the rules about actions for companions like Fey Thamer beast, i need to spend my actions for this pet take actions? if yes why he have initiative?

my question is, i realy need to use my Standard Actions for he make attacks?

and, what are the rules about actions for companions like Fey Thamer beast, i need to spend my actions for this pet take actions? if yes why he have initiative?

Yes. According to the Summoning rules, a summoned creature has no actions of its own; the summoner spends actions to command it mentally. 

Similarly, Fey Beast Companion Actions rule say that while you are within 20 squares of your fey beast companion, it relies on your guidance and you must take actions so that it can act.

During an encounter a fey beat's initiative is the same as yours because it can act Independently in situations when you can’t give commands.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />my question is, i realy need to use my Standard Actions for he make attacks?

This was a deliberate design decision going into 4E to curb the power and screen time of "Army of Me" characters. The design intent is that the player with a summoned creature or animal companion only takes a little bit longer to complete their turn than everyone else at the table, as opposed to 3.x, where a Druid or Wizard with a lot of summons could take longer for their turn than the rest of the party combined because each summon received a full suite of actions.

If you want to fire and forget your summons, there are a number of Druid and Wizard summons that have "instinctive actions" that they perform if you have not given them any commands on your turn. Be warned, the instinctive actions on the Wizard summons also have some sort of negative effect on the summoner.

Most animal companions, Fey Beast Tamer included, take their move action when you do (both of you move together in one action). All other actions use your action of the same type (you want it to pick something up, that's your Minor action for the turn, etc.).

Thank you friends
So when I use my standard action I have to choose between me and my convocation whom make the attack? or when I attack it will attack together?
If you have a summoned creature and you spend a standard action, you have to choose whether you will use one of your powers or if the summoned critter uses one of its powers. Only one of you gets to attack.
Spiteful Wizard and Voice of Reason of the House of Trolls The Silent God of the House of Trolls Unfrozen OTTer Arbiter of the House of Trolls Yes, I have many titles. Deal with it.