Spin on the "Charms" Cycle

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Overgrow
Instant
Target opponent chooses one, and then you activate it - Put 1 4/4 Green Beast token on the battlefield; or target opponent searches your deck for 2 lands and puts them on the battlefield under your control tapped.
"You feed nature, or nature feeds on you."

Interrogate
Instant
Target opponent chooses one, and then you activate it - Counter target spell; or target player draws 2 cards.
"Tell me what you know, or I will make sure you don't know anything."

Victimize
Instant
Target opponent chooses one, and then you activate it - Look at target player's hand, and discard 1 nonland card; or target player discards 2 cards. 

Reinforce
Instant
Target opponent chooses one, and then you activate it - Put two 1/1 white Spirit Tokens with flying onto the battlefield; or put one 2/2 white Gryphon token with flying onto the battlefield

Recklessness
Instant
Target opponent chooses one, and then you activate it - Cast the top card of your deck without paying its mana cost; or exile the top two cards of your deck, and cast any instants exiled in this way without paying their mana cost.
I like the idea behind these, I think the green one is the best though. It has two abilities that are green but are unalike. The blue one also does this very well. The black's both involves discard, maybe decide on another black trait, same goes for the white and red. let us know what you decide
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
All but the Green and Blue Ones are a little underpowered.

Black should be either a Zombify or a Mind Rot.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

or Victimize

red needs to look at 3 or more cards for instances and safegaurds should be in place to prevent high mana toll instances

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
The green work doesn't work the way you want it to.  You can always fail to find when searching your library.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
I agree with Mono. In order to gaurentee that your opponent fetches you two lands, you have to reveal your library so that all players can see that there are two lands to fetch.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

What you mean with "and then you activate it"?
[<o>]
Do 1 unless an opponent has you do 2.
Browbeat etc.

Modal spells are chosen before costs are paid, so you can just go back on casting them if you didn't like what your opponent offered you.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Okay I'm going to fix these up a bit.

It seems my wording got me into trouble, and I screwed up looking back at it. I was trying to go for "you can either give me 1 good thing; or you can give me 2 not-quite-as-good things." Which is a bit awkward, though I like the black one. Instead, I am going to try for "you can either give me what I want (give me a good thing), or i'll hurt you." Note: putting out a creature apparently = hurting you. Except for some reason in the case of black. Or maybe black just feels like hurting you either way. IDK.

Anyway, here's the new versions:

Overgrow
Instant
Put 1 4/4 Wurm token on the battlefield unless an opponent chooses to have you search your deck for one land card and put it on the battlefield tapped instead.
"You will feed nature, or nature will feed on you."

Interrogate
Instant
Counter target spell unless an opponent chooses to have you draw 2 cards instead.
"Tell me what you know, or I'll make sure you don't know it."

Terrorize
Instant
You look at your opponents hand and exile 1 card in it unless an opponent chooses for you to put one creature from any graveyard onto the battlefield instead.

Reinforce
Instant
You put 2 1/1 white Spirit tokens with flying onto the battlefield unless an opponent chooses for your life to become 20 instead.

Recklessness
Instant
You deal 5 damage to target creature or player unless an opponent chooses for you to play the top card of your library without paying its mana cost instead.

I especially like the red one, I think it'll make for some nice multiplayer politics. They all will, potentially. You can get one person to help you, and get off many useful effects.