Incarnation

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
was bored and thought up an "Incarnation" for each color.  its probably bad but oh wells

Wisdom Incarnate U
Instant
Draw a card
Incarnation U1: You may cast this card for it's Incarnation cost during your declare blockers step. If you do, Wisdom Incarnate enters the battlefield as a 0/1 blue Bird with flying. Use this creature as a blocker only.

so the card can be used a regular spell or you can use it as a saving blocker.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
like Spirit Link

I don't think this card needs the restriction of blocker only. It's already a 0/1 creature

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

I know what you mean, its the restriction on all of them, because some are 2/2 or 3/3. this is just the one I chose to post
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I get the idea, but this card is basically a bird with cycling.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

No! You can't do this. Just don't even try.
bad idea then?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You don't want instants and sorceries on the battlefield. It isn't a bad idea - it is a creative one, but it is one that is going to cause major problems within the rules.
Incarnation could be interesting, but it would have to be tokens to work with the current rules environment.

I also think that restricting it to the declare blockers phase only is... odd. Why does that limit need to exist? What is its purpose?

I assume you actually want it to be in the declare attackers phase, so that it can be declared as a blocker. But even then, why the limit? 
ah yes ^ declare attackers it is
the idea was it would be an instant that grants you something (ie draw) but in a situation where you really need a blocker, you could cast it into a creature to block with. I guess it would have to make a token to work then?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
It could just be a creature with flash. Sacrifce at the end of turn. One couldn't attack with it without haste.

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

yeah you're probably better off just making a token.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
cool cool, thanks guys, this is all good input
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!