Simic Combine... Graft vs Evolve.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm simply curious about people's opinions on the mechanic Graft in Dissension vs the Evolve mechanic in Gatecrash for the Simic Combine Guild.

Graft # (This creature comes into play with # +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever another creature comes into play, you may move a +1/+! counter from this creature onto it.)
Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

To me I enjoy Graft because you can have multiple creatures with graft where as with Evolve it depends on the Power and Toughness of the Evolve creature since it needs a stronger creature to come into play in order to become stronger. So I figured maybe a good strategy is to combine both mechanics in the same deck so that the Graft creatures are the bigger creatures the Evolve creatures need to get more +1/+1 counters on them.

But I digress... so what're your opinions on these two mechanics?? 
Depends on what you want to do. Tree of Redemption/Deadeye Navigator is a good way to trigger evolve, but I prefer graft just because it combos with so many things. (Mikaeus, the Lunarch, for instance.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Both are incredibly exploitable if done right. And looking at Proliferate makes me think that if the Phyrexians ever hit Ravnica the Simic will join them.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Both are incredibly exploitable if done right. And looking at Proliferate makes me think that if the Phyrexians ever hit Ravnica the Simic will join them.

Flavorwise, Momir Vig and Elesh Norn both want to bring all life to their warped vision of perfection, so yeah.

Actually, MaRo said the Simic would've gotten proliferate if he could've used returning mechanics.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments