What is the story behind Ravnica??

85 posts / 0 new
Last post
I myself never actually read the story based around Ravnica, however I really enjoy the concept of the guilds. Even so, people have been telling me that there isn't much of a story especially with RtR. They compare it to Innistrad which I believe was one of the greatest set thus far. I normally can get the basics of a set's story based on the flavor text, however all I can see for Ravnica is that there are ten guilds that are constantly struggling for power over the plane.

I saw a video about RtR in which they said that Jace has come to Ravnica because it's sort of like his home plane or something and that he notices the guilds have been more active than normal. Also I think something about the guildpact being broken due to Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran discovering Szadek, Lord of Secrets and thus breaking the guildpact for Dimir to be kept secret. Then I read that a new, non-magical guildpact has been created in its place. Then most beleive that Niv-Mizzet is trying to learn to be a Planeswalker via Nicol Bolas.

Other than this I don't really know the concept of Ravnica's story line...

So does anyone have any idea what the background story is for RtR and Gatecrash???

Oh my god, this is so garbled. Where have you been getting your information from? FSS? That's like the absolute worst place you can possibly go for storyline information.

Ok first of all the original Ravnica story is too complicated to get into here, but it involves a bunch of different guilds all trying to take control of the plane. In the process, yes, the original magically-powered Guildpact got shattered due to a legal contradiction. Seriously. Anyway, all three books are available digitally for less than $5, so they're really worth picking up. They're among the best liked Magic stories.

As far as the present story goes... lemme break it down.

"I saw a video about RtR in which they said that Jace has come to Ravnica because it's sort of like his home plane or something and that he notices the guilds have been more active than normal."

....Kiiiiinda. Jace lives on Ravnica. It's not his home world, but that's where he's spent a lot of his life, and although he disbanded the organization he used to work for, he still has a number of contacts on the city.

Jace essentially gets in over his head because he notices that there are a bunch of symbols etched in the walls in his area of the city. And then a Selesnyan elf that he's friends with tries to get him to help their guild out, because Niv is doing something weird and the Selesnyan leadership is nervous. Things proceed from there in the novel The Secretist, the first part of which is ALSO available digitally. For Two. Dollars.

Get it.

"Also I think something about the guildpact being broken due to Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran discovering Szadek, Lord of Secrets and thus breaking the guildpact for Dimir to be kept secret."

Aaauuuuuuuhhhh sorta? That's pretty garbled but like I said, you can read about it in the first three books. The gist of it, though, is that Szadek is trying to break the Guildpact, and Kos is trying to stop him, but it's more complicated than that. Anyway, Szadek succeeds ultimately, which is why we're where we are now.

"Then I read that a new, non-magical guildpact has been created in its place."

This is true. The problem, though, is that the old Guildpact kept things balanced for 10000 years through magic. It had failsafes built in. No such structures exist in the new Pact, which means that the guilds can make much more dramatic power plays, hence the greater activity.

"Then most beleive that Niv-Mizzet is trying to learn to be a Planeswalker via Nicol Bolas."

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

No.

Absolutely not.

If "most believe" this to be the case, "most" are "most idiotic." Nicol Bolas has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS STORYLINE. And there is NO EVIDENCE THAT NIV MIZZET IS TRYING TO BECOME A PLANESWALKER. NONE. NOT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE. It's literally just Niv fanbois believing strongly in something in the hopes that it will be a little less fake.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Oh my god, this is so garbled. Where have you been getting your information from? FSS? That's like the absolute worst place you can possibly go for storyline information.

Ok first of all the original Ravnica story is too complicated to get into here, but it involves a bunch of different guilds all trying to take control of the plane. In the process, yes, the original magically-powered Guildpact got shattered due to a legal contradiction. Seriously. Anyway, all three books are available digitally for less than $5, so they're really worth picking up. They're among the best liked Magic stories.

As far as the present story goes... lemme break it down.

"I saw a video about RtR in which they said that Jace has come to Ravnica because it's sort of like his home plane or something and that he notices the guilds have been more active than normal."

....Kiiiiinda. Jace lives on Ravnica. It's not his home world, but that's where he's spent a lot of his life, and although he disbanded the organization he used to work for, he still has a number of contacts on the city.

Jace essentially gets in over his head because he notices that there are a bunch of symbols etched in the walls in his area of the city. And then a Selesnyan elf that he's friends with tries to get him to help their guild out, because Niv is doing something weird and the Selesnyan leadership is nervous. Things proceed from there in the novel The Secretist, the first part of which is ALSO available digitally. For Two. Dollars.

Get it.

"Also I think something about the guildpact being broken due to Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran discovering Szadek, Lord of Secrets and thus breaking the guildpact for Dimir to be kept secret."

Aaauuuuuuuhhhh sorta? That's pretty garbled but like I said, you can read about it in the first three books. The gist of it, though, is that Szadek is trying to break the Guildpact, and Kos is trying to stop him, but it's more complicated than that. Anyway, Szadek succeeds ultimately, which is why we're where we are now.

"Then I read that a new, non-magical guildpact has been created in its place."

This is true. The problem, though, is that the old Guildpact kept things balanced for 10000 years through magic. It had failsafes built in. No such structures exist in the new Pact, which means that the guilds can make much more dramatic power plays, hence the greater activity.

"Then most beleive that Niv-Mizzet is trying to learn to be a Planeswalker via Nicol Bolas."

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

No.

Absolutely not.

If "most believe" this to be the case, "most" are "most idiotic." Nicol Bolas has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS STORYLINE. And there is NO EVIDENCE THAT NIV MIZZET IS TRYING TO BECOME A PLANESWALKER. NONE. NOT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE. It's literally just Niv fanbois believing strongly in something in the hopes that it will be a little less fake.

Lol well thank you for the info and the link to the stories, I appreciate the clearing of this

There is also this:
www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...

Which I worked on. That should answer a lot of your questions.


Which I worked on.



:o
Did you really? 


Which I worked on.



:o
Did you really? 



Yes. The original was posted with a number of errors and when we pointed those out, Brady told us to type up the changes to the article.
So I did.

How did you miss when that happened?
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?

[cries forever]
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?



They come in where you go out if you keep on with that.
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?



They come in where you go out if you keep on with that.



But MaRo made a joke about it! CLEARLY IT'S TRUE!!!! (not really....) *sigh*

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?


Right before my fan planeswalker, Marian Suzanne Markov shows up and beats them all by showing them the true meaning of friendship and love and converting them to the side of good, causing Gideon to fall in love with her.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?


Right before my fan planeswalker, Marian Suzanne Markov shows up and beats them all by showing them the true meaning of friendship and love and converting them to the side of good, causing Gideon to fall in love with her.

NOOOOO GIDEON IS DESTINED FOR LOVE WITH MY FANTROLL AND HER BISEXUAL ALICORN MOIRAIL WHO IS THE SECRET SEVENTH ELEMENT OF HERMIONE HARMONY

their love transcnedns the quadrnants o.o so many feels 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Wow, this thread went off the rails and Barinellos had no direct input.
 
Wow, this thread went off the rails and Barinellos had no direct input.
 



I wouldn't lower myself to encourage this garbage.
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?



Once Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, the Prayer Warriors, laura, Dark Yagami, StarGleam and Jenna all descend like meteorites from the Heavens and battle for the title of the superme Mary Sue!
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
You know I almost feel like a hypocrite considering the jokes RP Jesus and I were making but OH MY GOD MY IMMORTAL WAS NEVER EVEN THAT FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH

AAAHGAEBUIVNECNSE NU AEF ASEFNUILAFNUEFNEC NUECNUEFSNUASF 

I just don't get why it's so popular. It's not even good bad. It's just bad bad. But people still regard it as the be-all, end-all of terrible fanfiction. It's just like @$#&ing Double Rainbow! That was never a funny meme! It was always stupid! And now it's stupid and unfunny and also overdone!

We just don't get terrible internet memes like we used to. They're pale immitations of the terrible internet memes of the past. Remember when people would just bang something incomprehensible out in Flash and throw in some photos of Hitler over catchy techno music? THAT was quality.

GET OFF MY LAWN 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Keeper, you're going to make a terrific grumpy old man some day.

WOOTWOOOOOT!
5,000 posts!  
You know I almost feel like a hypocrite considering the jokes RP Jesus and I were making but OH MY GOD MY IMMORTAL WAS NEVER EVEN THAT FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH

AAAHGAEBUIVNECNSE NU AEF ASEFNUILAFNUEFNEC NUECNUEFSNUASF 

I just don't get why it's so popular. It's not even good bad. It's just bad bad. But people still regard it as the be-all, end-all of terrible fanfiction. It's just like @$#&ing Double Rainbow! That was never a funny meme! It was always stupid! And now it's stupid and unfunny and also overdone!

We just don't get terrible internet memes like we used to. They're pale immitations of the terrible internet memes of the past. Remember when people would just bang something incomprehensible out in Flash and throw in some photos of Hitler over catchy techno music? THAT was quality.

GET OFF MY LAWN 



Because badness is hilarious. Mere mediocrity isn't funny, but extreme crappiness is funny.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
You know I almost feel like a hypocrite considering the jokes RP Jesus and I were making but OH MY GOD MY IMMORTAL WAS NEVER EVEN THAT FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH

AAAHGAEBUIVNECNSE NU AEF ASEFNUILAFNUEFNEC NUECNUEFSNUASF 

I just don't get why it's so popular. It's not even good bad. It's just bad bad. But people still regard it as the be-all, end-all of terrible fanfiction. It's just like @$#&ing Double Rainbow! That was never a funny meme! It was always stupid! And now it's stupid and unfunny and also overdone!

We just don't get terrible internet memes like we used to. They're pale immitations of the terrible internet memes of the past. Remember when people would just bang something incomprehensible out in Flash and throw in some photos of Hitler over catchy techno music? THAT was quality.

GET OFF MY LAWN 



You just don't realise the exquisite insanity of those fics.

For instance, this passage:

"B’loody Mary was standing there. "Hajimashite gurl.” she said happily (she spex Japanese so do i. dat menz ‘how do u do’ in japanese). “BTW Willow that ****ing poser got expuld. she failed al her klasses and she skepped math.” (an: RAVEN U FUKIN SUK! FUK U!)

“It serves that fuking bich right.” I laughed angrily.


Well anyway we where felling all deprezzed. We wutsched some goffic movies like Das niteMARE b4 xmas. “Maybe Willow will die too.” I said.


“Kawai.” B’loody Mair shook her head enrgtically lethrigcly. “Oh yeah o have a confession after she got expuld I murdered her and den loopin did it with her cause he’s a necphilak.”


“Kawai.” I commnted happily ."

Ignoring the mispellings (most of which rendered into inherently funny words), you notice that the OOC is actually rather beautifully crafted. Hermione is now the polar opposite of her character (conservatively dressed very individual bookworm versus Enoby clone), but she is subtly still hilariously in character. Notice how she highlights academic failure over death, for instance.

And then there's simply the surreal, over the top nature of the events. You don't get this delightfully insane in any pre-My Immortal fics. I dare say only James Royce even remotely parallels Tara Gillesbie in that field.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
So where do the Phyrexian Eldrazi come in?


Right before my fan planeswalker, Marian Suzanne Markov shows up and beats them all by showing them the true meaning of friendship and love and converting them to the side of good, causing Gideon to fall in love with her.

NOOOOO GIDEON IS DESTINED FOR LOVE WITH MY FANTROLL AND HER BISEXUAL ALICORN MOIRAIL WHO IS THE SECRET SEVENTH ELEMENT OF HERMIONE HARMONY

their love transcnedns the quadrnants o.o so many feels 


GIDEON WOULD NEVER FALL FOR A TRAMP LIKE THAT WHEN HE COULD HAVE A FINE CATCH LIKE MARIAN AND HER SISTER, MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER BLOUGE THE BLAT (PLS DON'T STEAL). HER SWORD IS DERFLINGER'S COUSIN AND SHE'S MASTERD THE ZANGETSU GUM-GUM IRON REAVER RASSENGAN.


I just don't get why it's so popular. It's not even good bad. It's just bad bad. But people still regard it as the be-all, end-all of terrible fanfiction.


I think it's just a word of mouth thing at this point. Plus the whole point of a meme is that it embeds itself into the pop culture subconscious and doesn't let go. So even if it's kind of eh, it's long since passed the point where the actual content/quality of the work matters.

It's just like @$#&ing Double Rainbow! That was never a funny meme! It was always stupid! And now it's stupid and unfunny and also overdone!


Though it did give us this, so I'd call it a wash :33.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.

HER SWORD IS DERFLINGER'S COUSIN AND SHE'S MASTERD THE ZANGETSU GUM-GUM IRON REAVER RASSENGAN.

So I watched a dub'd episode of Bleach the other day, and I'm pretty sure that the voice actors were really just making up words at this point.  And not in the "Heh, that's a cute made up word they keep using to swear or something" kind of way, but the "that was just a bunch of gibberish that I think composed a sentence....are you sure this is the dub?" kind of way.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

@Thoctar:

Thanks! And congratulations!

@Shamsiel:

I don't know, there's just such better material out there. 30H does surrealism much better, for example. And there's a thin line between "inverting a character" and "just totally slapping a character's name on someone random." It always seems to me that My Immortal does the latter more than the former.

Plus, it's just annoying. I knew too many people unironically like this in high school. Ugh, Hot Topic goths... Excuse me, I'm going to just go play my vinyl Joy Division albums on my 1980s stereo system till I feel better.*

@RP Jesus:

The (PLS DON'T STEAL) killed me. That was perfect.

Also, Karkat's face through that video basically sums up my feelings. :P My patron is technically Vriska but I relate to Karkat a lot...

@Azure:

I sometimes remember that Bleach is still going, and I feel sort of vaguely sad...



*I am not kidding about any of this. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Also, Karkat's face through that video basically sums up my feelings. :P My patron is technically Vriska but I relate to Karkat a lot...


You know, my friend and I both find it amusing that our patron trolls basically have nothing in common with us. His is Feferi and I think about the only thing he shares with her is that he tries to stay optimistic. My troll is Karkles actually, but about the only thing I have in common with him is his programming skills (You'll never guess who my favorite troll is :33). 


I sometimes remember that Bleach is still going, and I feel sort of vaguely sad...


Well everyone in the show has spent so long not dying that the series itself has prolly become immortal by association.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I dunno, Kubo's really good at characterization when he really commits himself to it.

He made me emphathize with Nnoitra, and Nnoitra teaches graduate level douchology.

But other times I'm like "wat", like in the most recent arc when he killed that one guy, but it was a third tier character who had never had any lines or characterization but the story still treated it like a big dramatic deal, but I was just shaking my computer "WHY SHOULD I CARE? HE DID NOTHING!"

It says a lot about the show that Kubo has admitted that when he gets writer's block, he just makes up a bunch of new characters and sees where the story takes him.   
Just taking off from the Bleach talk: But what Kubo is doing with Unohana (a character I like, I love me the graceful, silent, no showy dresses types) is giving me "Mending" pangs.

"Oh yeah, remember this character? She's actually Godly.... and in the end of this arc, she's going to die to make way for Kenpachi's characterization and sheet"
Just taking off from the Bleach talk: But what Kubo is doing with Unohana (a character I like, I love me the graceful, silent, no showy dresses types) is giving me "Mending" pangs.

"Oh yeah, remember this character? She's actually Godly.... and in the end of this arc, she's going to die to make way for Kenpachi's characterization and sheet"



Would you be happier with her having 0 development like before? Because I wouldn't. The problem with bleach is lots of the characters end up with 0 on screen backstory (Ulquiorra only had backstory in a separate thing which actually gave him depth).

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome


"Oh yeah, remember this character? She's actually Godly.... and in the end of this arc, she's going to die to make way for Kenpachi's characterization and sheet"


Kenpachi's already got all the characterization he needs. I think it was somewhere between fighting a guy while blind and not only winning, but deliberately taking a sword through the chest because he was bored and wanted to win faster and in Memories of Nobody when everybody's like "We're gonna help Ichigo even though the old guy said no, making the entire process of asking him in the first place sort of a moot point." but Kenpachi isn't there because he's like "I don't need no cliched scenes to justify my actions." and is already fighting the antagonists.

Which on that note, regardless of one's feelings about the show, you gotta love Rock Lee. In a world where everyone has crazy spellcasting powers, he's like "I can't learn magic, but what if I just punch people really hard instead?" And he does. And wins at it.

 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Just taking off from the Bleach talk: But what Kubo is doing with Unohana (a character I like, I love me the graceful, silent, no showy dresses types) is giving me "Mending" pangs.

"Oh yeah, remember this character? She's actually Godly.... and in the end of this arc, she's going to die to make way for Kenpachi's characterization and sheet"



In fairness, that's not new. Perhaps you've forgotten that she is in fact SWEET JEBUS scary waaaaaaay back. Other captains were terrified of her.

"Oh yeah, remember this character? She's actually Godly.... and in the end of this arc, she's going to die to make way for Kenpachi's characterization and sheet"


Kenpachi's already got all the characterization he needs. I think it was somewhere between fighting a guy while blind and not only winning, but deliberately taking a sword through the chest because he was bored and wanted to win faster and in Memories of Nobody when everybody's like "We're gonna help Ichigo even though the old guy said no, making the entire process of asking him in the first place sort of a moot point." but Kenpachi isn't there because he's like "I don't need no cliched scenes to justify my actions." and is already fighting the antagonists. 




I just love that scene where Ichigo is about to get his ass handed to him and Kenpachi just literally drops onto the guy and just DESTROYS him.
Someone dropped a Kenpachi on him.

Would you be happier with her having 0 development like before? Because I wouldn't. The problem with bleach is lots of the characters end up with 0 on screen backstory (Ulquiorra only had backstory in a separate thing which actually gave him depth).


Seriously I wouldn't mind if she didn't have any development, this for me just reeks of desperation. Has he even left any signs or any foreshadowings that she has such a past other than some loose details to continue from (e.g. her front braided hair)?  I do not think he did much, which irritates me.

But generally I hate it when authors use another main/minor character's death (not a recently added character) to compensate for another character's development. If she survives in their match maybe I'd forgive Kubo more.

Would you be happier with her having 0 development like before? Because I wouldn't. The problem with bleach is lots of the characters end up with 0 on screen backstory (Ulquiorra only had backstory in a separate thing which actually gave him depth).


Seriously I wouldn't mind if she didn't have any development, this for me just reeks of desperation. Has he even left any signs or any foreshadowings that she has such a past other than some loose details to continue from (e.g. her front braided hair)?  I do not think he did much, which irritates me.

But generally I hate it when authors use another main/minor character's death (not a recently added character) to compensate for another character's development. If she survives in their match maybe I'd forgive Kubo more.



She has the entire "HOLY **** SCARY LADY" thing going on since the beginning.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

She has the entire "HOLY **** SCARY LADY" thing going on since the beginning.



Nobody crosses Captain Mom.
Which on that note, regardless of one's feelings about the show,


The series was at its best before the time skip. The Uchihas are literally the Mary Sue tribe. God how I hate them. ):<
   you gotta love Rock Lee. In a world where everyone has crazy spellcasting powers, he's like "I can't learn magic, but what if I just punch people really hard instead?" And he does. And wins at it.



The fight between him and Gaara gives the vapors to this very day.  
Which on that note, regardless of one's feelings about the show, you gotta love Rock Lee. In a world where everyone has crazy spellcasting powers, he's like "I can't learn magic, but what if I just punch people really hard instead?" And he does. And wins at it.

 


Yeah. When I was younger I watched that show semi-ironically, but I definitely unironically was a fan of Rock Lee. The fact that he went from being kind of a jokey character to deadly serious and ridiculously badass was impressive to me. And I think they did a good job of using that to make you care about him to the point where the end of the fight with Garra actually has real emotional weight.


I kinda gave up on Bleach due to a combination of Adult Swim's idiotic scheduling, too many absolutely interminable filler arcs, and the irritation of seeing the Soul Society constantly screw up or do things that were outright evil and never have any kind of come-uppance or even acknowledgement really that they were a crappy institution that should probably be purged from existence and rebuilt from the ground up with someone sane in charge.

...Which in turn just makes me wonder what would happen if the Soul Society if you replaced Canon!Ichigo with Rationalist!Ichigo... >_> 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

I just love that scene where Ichigo is about to get his ass handed to him and Kenpachi just literally drops onto the guy and just DESTROYS him.
Someone dropped a Kenpachi on him.


Indeed, that's when Kenpachi went from being the best character in the show to... well still the best character but now the gap's wide enough that he's pretty much secured the position barring rubber-band AI :33.


But generally I hate it when authors use another main/minor character's death (not a recently added character) to compensate for another character's development. If she survives in their match maybe I'd forgive Kubo more.


People actually die in Bleach now? Granted I stopped watching it religiously sometime near the end of the Let's All Rescue Rukia in What is Basically a Jailbreak arc, but the last I saw of character's longevity was the scene where Renji is bleeding out after fighting Ichigo and the squad 4 captain just wanders by and is all "I have no idea what happened here, but CURE III LOL"

 
The fight between him and Gaara gives the vapors to this very day.  


Indeed, love the part where he takes off his weights, don't even care how cliche it is, it was still baller.

seeing the Soul Society constantly screw up or do things that were outright evil and never have any kind of come-uppance or even acknowledgement really that they were a crappy institution that should probably be purged from existence and rebuilt from the ground up with someone sane in charge.

 
Indeed, it occurs to me that a lot of the issues that seem to happen in the show could be averted if the parties involved all just took a step back and asked "Is it possible I was being a male reproductive organ?" 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.

I just love that scene where Ichigo is about to get his ass handed to him and Kenpachi just literally drops onto the guy and just DESTROYS him.
Someone dropped a Kenpachi on him.


Indeed, that's when Kenpachi went from being the best character in the show to... well still the best character but now the gap's wide enough that he's pretty much secured the position barring rubber-band AI :33.


My favorite thing he did was beating Nnoitra.
By using two hands.
You know you've got something special when a character's idea of strategy is using both hands.


But generally I hate it when authors use another main/minor character's death (not a recently added character) to compensate for another character's development. If she survives in their match maybe I'd forgive Kubo more.


People actually die in Bleach now? Granted I stopped watching it religiously sometime near the end of the Let's All Rescue Rukia in What is Basically a Jailbreak arc, but the last I saw of character's longevity was the scene where Renji is bleeding out after fighting Ichigo and the squad 4 captain just wanders by and is all "I have no idea what happened here, but CURE III LOL"





Yeah
Show
The 1st squad vice captain and Kira
both died for real real.
The first one was dumb because he HAD NO CHARACTERIZATION.
HOW CAN I CARE ABOUT A CHARACTER THAT WE'VE NEVER GOTTEN TO KNOW.
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU WRITE STORIES. 

I just love that scene where Ichigo is about to get his ass handed to him and Kenpachi just literally drops onto the guy and just DESTROYS him.
Someone dropped a Kenpachi on him.


Indeed, that's when Kenpachi went from being the best character in the show to... well still the best character but now the gap's wide enough that he's pretty much secured the position barring rubber-band AI :33.


My favorite thing he did was beating Nnoitra.
By using two hands.
You know you've got something special when a character's idea of strategy is using both hands.


But generally I hate it when authors use another main/minor character's death (not a recently added character) to compensate for another character's development. If she survives in their match maybe I'd forgive Kubo more.


People actually die in Bleach now? Granted I stopped watching it religiously sometime near the end of the Let's All Rescue Rukia in What is Basically a Jailbreak arc, but the last I saw of character's longevity was the scene where Renji is bleeding out after fighting Ichigo and the squad 4 captain just wanders by and is all "I have no idea what happened here, but CURE III LOL"





Yeah
Show
The 1st squad vice captain and Kira
both died for real real.
The first one was dumb because he HAD NO CHARACTERIZATION.
HOW CAN I CARE ABOUT A CHARACTER THAT WE'VE NEVER GOTTEN TO KNOW.
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU WRITE STORIES. 

 

But the second gave me this feeling of "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU A GOOD GUY!!! THAT IS NOT A GOOD GUY ABILITY" (You know what I'm talking about)

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome


But the second gave me this feeling of "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU A GOOD GUY!!! THAT IS NOT A GOOD GUY ABILITY" (You know what I'm talking about)


Show
What was evil about Kira's ability to make crap heavy?

But the second gave me this feeling of "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU A GOOD GUY!!! THAT IS NOT A GOOD GUY ABILITY" (You know what I'm talking about)


Show
What was evil about Kira's ability to make crap heavy?




Show
Whoops I thought you were talking about Captain Commander. So I mentioned his RAISING THE ****ING DEAD out of spite. That goes against everything in the "you're a good guy" handbook.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Oh yeah.
Well it was suggested they were founded as a SUUUUUUPER violent knight templary thing. 



Show
Whoops I thought you were talking about Captain Commander. So I mentioned his RAISING THE ****ING DEAD out of spite. That goes against everything in the "you're a good guy" handbook.


Show
I for one maintain that necromancy isn't inherently evil, the undead could just as easily run a soup kitchen if a necromancer were so inclined. Though I don't recall seeing anybody do this in Bleach, so I'm just speaking in generalizations, I'd have to see the specifics of this guy to make a proper decision

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Sign In to post comments